hockeyman30304
    hockeyman30304's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

is poker available on a MAC?

Have we got any versions of SBR poker for a MAC?

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

no.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hi hockey,

Not at this time, but the following may be of use to you:

Mac Users

Q:
    Does SBR Poker work directly on a Mac computer?

A:
    No, right now Windows is the only operating system supported but Mac users can choose from any one of the following options to play SBR Poker on their machine:

• Boot Camp: Install a copy of Windows on your Mac.
    • Wine: Wine is a free, open source application that works by converting the application extension.
    • Crossover: This is a relatively cheap program that one SBR Poster has reported works. It works similar to Wine.
    • Parallels: A virtual emulator can be used to run Windows. This is probably the worst of the options since it is more resource intensive and slower than the others. The other options on this list would run the application at Windows speed.

DirkDiggs
    Clippers ML!
    DirkDiggs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Anyone use Wine?

Rod_M
    Rod_M's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3329

As a note, if anyone wants to give it a try, codeweavers, the company that makes Crossover, an excelent wine implementation for both Mac and Linux, will be giving away their software for tomorrow only, as some kind of election promotion, hard to miss a freebie of the best Wine implementation available, won't link them here for obvious reasons but just google crossover or codeweavers and be ready tomorrow to claim your free copy!

Quote Originally Posted by DirkDiggs View Post
    Anyone use Wine?
    Yes, we tested the poker client a while ago in Wine and it worked at 100%, may be a good thing to add it to the Wine app rating database, don't know if it's there but a gold rating is the minimum I would give it, platinum maybe.
    Last edited by Rod_M; 10-30-12 at 04:23 PM.

Chimneyfish
    Chimneyfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1283

I use Parallels. It's simple and lets you run Windows apps just like they were regular Mac apps. I've never noticed it being slow or anything, but really the only thing I use it for is poker.

DirkDiggs
    Clippers ML!
    DirkDiggs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by Rod_M View Post
    Yes, we tested the poker client a while ago in Wine and it worked at 100%, may be a good thing to add it to the Wine app rating database, don't know if it's there but a gold rating is the minimum I would give it, platinum maybe.
    Thanks Rod. Any sense of how many hours it took to get it up and running?

Rod_M
    Rod_M's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3329

Quote Originally Posted by DirkDiggs View Post
    Thanks Rod. Any sense of how many hours it took to get it up and running?
    if you are on Linux, it's pretty straight forward, just look up how to get Wine and then simply doubleclick the poker installation file, pretty quick actually, no more than 30 minutes or so depending on internet connection.

On Mac, getting wine is a bit more tricky but if you can get yourself a copy of crossover, it should be a breeze, they distribute it as a native Mac application, so it can't be easier than that, when you have either wine or crossover ready, then simply install the SBR poker client.