theAkathist
    theAkathist's Avatar Become A Pro!

Manti Te'o +800

is that a deal geno smith is done, now colin klein is the flavor of the week but Kst still has a tough schedule left. if he still performs well will they really give the heisman trophy to a former wide reciever playing QB? or is it time to give the heisman to the first defensive player since charles woodson?

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

I think Te'o is the best overall player in the country, but who do you see K-State losing to? If they go unbeaten, Klein wins in a walk.

theAkathist

Sports Illustrated's ballots

Klein continues to hold the Heisman lead among SI staffers. Much like last week, the Watchman's leader garnered all first-place votes but one. However, Te'o matched Klein with a vote in every top-three list. One new addition to the field is Georgia linebacker Jarvis Jones, fresh off a strong outing in statement victory over Florida.
    1. Kansas State QB Collin Klein -- 9 votes (8 first-place votes)
    2. Notre Dame LB Manti Te'o -- 9 votes
    3. Ohio State QB Braxton Miller -- 3 votes
    4. Alabama QB AJ McCarron -- 2 votes
    T5. Alabama OL Chance Warmack -- 1 (1)
    T5. USC QB Matt Barkley -- 1
    T5. West Virginia QB Geno Smith -- 1
    T5. Georgia LB Jarvis Jones -- 1

SI's voters: Senior writers Thayer Evans, Stewart Mandel, Andy Staples, Phil Taylor; senior editors Jim Gorant, Mallory Rubin, B.J. Schecter; associate producers Zac Ellis and Ben Glicksman.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz2AnrPFtB1

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    I think Te'o is the best overall player in the country, but who do you see K-State losing to? If they go unbeaten, Klein wins in a walk.
    not sure i necessarily agree with this. media might think this is the one year they can do a pure defensive player. and it might pick up momentum alot from here (i realize pure defensive players have never done well in heisman voting... i was thinking desmond howard was the DB. but it was charles woodson thanks).... surprised Te'o hadn't picked up momentum earlier but i guess people were eyeballing oklahoma game and especially USC game (if they got past okla which they did)

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

Good point. K-state shouldn't lose, and I don't know if this is possible, but if K-state has to play The sooners in the big-12 championship, I do not think a team will beat stoops twice in a year. Otherwise, they shouldn't lose, but that's why they play the games.

theAkathist

i think they can lose to ok-st, even tcu, and even texas.............they are playing well but they are certainly not alabama. they can lose at any time. if they do lose they are out of the national race and he will drop drastically in the heisman race. id say -175 they lose in the regular season

gojetsgomoxies

might be the most obvious comment in history but i think it's down to top 4 (klein, Te'o, braxton, mccarron).... super longshot - teddy bridgewater?? not a great grasp of his stats though. and i think it's way too late for longshots.

SamDiamond
    SamDiamond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

I don't think you can go wrong with either Klein or Te'o.

I think Te'o is going to win it though. He may be the most impressive guy I've seen in college football in a long time.

gojetsgomoxies

Quote Originally Posted by SamDiamond View Post
    I don't think you can go wrong with either Klein or Te'o.

I think Te'o is going to win it though. He may be the most impressive guy I've seen in college football in a long time.
    i just have a feeling with heisman voters only chance probably ever to go with a pure defensive player may just do it. voters will feel alot of pressure by then i bet. definitely dependent on ND running out the table.

RalphWayne
    kKHAL KALASH
    RalphWayne's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 186

Klien will take it. Snyder has a great scheme he's been building since Klien has shown up on campus. Klien is pretty much a white cam newton except he can read defenses. Manti Te'o is the man tho.

possum11
    possum11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 948

I don't think its a buy. ESPN may not be a perfect source - but who is? And they said this week Teo is not even the best LB in the country. What gets him more recognition is his story and he is a big part of bringing ND "back."

RalphWayne
    kKHAL KALASH
    RalphWayne's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 186

Quote Originally Posted by possum11 View Post
    I don't think its a buy. ESPN may not be a perfect source - but who is? And they said this week Teo is not even the best LB in the country. What gets him more recognition is his story and he is a big part of bringing ND "back."
    Im sorry? Te'o isnt the best LB in the country? thats a joke right

theAkathist

possum hes the number 1 inside linebacker on nfl scout boards

mynameismud
    mynameismud's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8427

AJ McCarron (Alabama)
    +450

Braxton Miller (Ohio St)
    +600

Collin Klein (Kansas St)

DeAnthony Thomas (Oregon)
    +1200

Geno Smith (West Virginia)
    +350

Johnny Maziel (Texas A&M)
    +2000

Manti Teo (Notre Dame)
    +800

Matt Barkley (USC)
    +1000

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

I say if ND runs the table and he continues to put up big #s, he gets it. Just the most deserving and impressive player IMO.

zacharyj53
    zacharyj53's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

In no shape or form does he deserve it. He is a good player but not even the best LB in the country. His stats aren't eye popping for a LB.

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Quote Originally Posted by zacharyj53 View Post
    In no shape or form does he deserve it. He is a good player but not even the best LB in the country. His stats aren't eye popping for a LB.

Ok sure junior. Who is best LB

freeVICK
    freeVICK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6483

Teo has the perfect story. He will win no doubt

Vegas39

Quote Originally Posted by freeVICK View Post
    Teo has the perfect story. He will win no doubt

I do think the tragedy he has gone through helps his chances

mynameismud
    mynameismud's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8427

its just so hard for someone on defense to win. would be nice to see, since '97 was the last time it happened.

theAkathist

has it always been black or white who wins the heisman?

perfect time for another race

zacharyj53

He is #25 in the nation in tackles as a MLB. Doesn't have many sacks or TFL either. Is questionable in coverage. Great player with a great story, not a Heisman winner.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

He is #25 in the nation in tackles as a MLB. Doesn't have many sacks or TFL either. Is questionable in coverage. Great player with a great story, not a Heisman winner.
    He is the heart and soul of the defense, and their defense is mostly why they are undefeated. Aren't we tired of the same old QB and RBs taking it down every year? Less impressive to me.

GOIRISH
    GOIRISH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1128

Like others have said it depends on if kansas st loses and if nd can run the table and if manti can continue to play like he has. If all that happens i think he will put nd back on top with most heisman winners

Vegas39

But the 5 interceptions and all but one game with double digit tackles helps him. As Lou said he is heart and soul of that defense.

still at this point it's Kleins to lose

Ernie Mccracken
    Ernie Mccracken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4304

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas39 View Post
    I do think the tragedy he has gone through helps his chances
    Huge. Heisman hasn't been about the best player for a long time, if ever.

People love the narrative, and as long as ND keeps winning, ESPN will be shelling us with the melodramatic human interest pieces. They decide who wins.

zacharyj53

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Lou View Post
    He is the heart and soul of the defense, and their defense is mostly why they are undefeated. Aren't we tired of the same old QB and RBs taking it down every year? Less impressive to me.

That doesn't make him the best player in CFB. I am 100% tired of QBs/RBs winning it. I would argue there are more worthy OL/DL than Teo.
    Last edited by zacharyj53; 10-30-12 at 03:08 PM.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Media will get behind him if ND runs the table. +800 isn't a bad bet imo.