70CoupeDeVille
    70CoupeDeVille's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 672

Consider the under, too.

Game clock's going to trickle away superfast, what with Jackets' ground game offense and then the Terps probably wanting to shrink the game with a conservative, possession-oriented offensive strategy. They'll hope to hang in there til 4th quarter crunch time. (BTW, Tech might use some or a lot of their #2 QB -- he's good.)

The biggest problem for a team on their 4th or 5th QB is not so much the talent level but their learning the playbook and getting reps in practice. So, the Terps will have to limit the scope of their play calling severely and keep it vanilla for the new QB. Forget about plays that depend on deception, like screens, which take lots of practice to get right. Even with a basic playbook, there's bound to be a good deal of confusion and error, and sustaining drives should be very difficult.

If GTech just takes care of the football, then the GTech side should be good. I'm not overly concerned about BYU shutting the Jackets down last Sat -- BYU sees a lot more triple option and similar offenses than does Md, and the BYU D is outstanding.

All of this in mind, I was surprised to see the total at 47. Thought it would be around 40. Love GTech side, and some on the under too.

Murray Rothbard
    Scared Money Don't Make Money
    Murray Rothbard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 512

Nice analysis DeVille.

Allure
    Allure's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15121

Whenever these situations appear, upset happen.

MasterP10
    MasterP10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3259

I have this game as a pickem so unless a QB is worth 7.5 pts BE CAREFUL jumping on this "too good to be true bet"

GL

Urbanwildlife
    Urbanwildlife's Avatar Become A Pro!

In my opinion whomever who is the quarterback for Georgia Tech is worth that much in this game and more when Maryland does not have a quarterback to speak of.
    Last edited by Urbanwildlife; 10-30-12 at 08:02 PM.

Urbanwildlife

Been doing quite a bit of research on this game actually, despite having already played it, and the fan base of Georgia Tech are really calling for the head of head coach Paul Johnson, and screaming bloody murder for a change in quarterback, as they want a Rivals 3 star freshman by the name of Vad Lee to start. I do hope Lee starts, as it should provide some new energy to the offense, and he is suppose to be real good, based on things I have read.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...517034/vad-lee

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...-Vad-Lee-93570
    Last edited by Urbanwildlife; 10-30-12 at 10:14 PM.

darko3131
    Update your status
    darko3131's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Reminds me of Greg Paulus at QB for Syracuse. Everyone said LOL a basketball player at QB but he wasn't half bad.

samgurt
    samgurt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by MasterP10 View Post
    I have this game as a pickem so unless a QB is worth 7.5 pts BE CAREFUL jumping on this "too good to be true bet"

GL
    Exactly. Losing a 4th stringer should not change the line this much. The new qb shouldn't make a difference. Maryland all day.

Omaga
    I GET IT...
    Omaga's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 313

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    i'm not gonna bet on this criminal as a true freshmen and two weeks of snaps

This irreverent information and has NO bearing on the outcome of the game, however whats probably more astounding is that you won't bet on this criminal but have probably bet on other criminals regardless of the nature in which you point out in the following post.

Six months ago in a special report on criminal records in college football, Sports Illustrated and CBS News found that seven percent of the players among SI's preseason Top 25 (204 players in all) had been in trouble with the law either before or after entering college.

However, the most alarming fact in the study wasn't the seven percent (that number could have been a lot higher if they had access to juvenile records or had they expanded the time frame of the study). It was that only two of the 25 schools they surveyed -- TCU and Oklahoma -- reported doing any type of regular criminal background checks on recruits. And neither TCU nor Oklahoma checked juvenile records.

Since the report was published, at least 90 Division I college football players have been charged with a serious crime. That's about one arrest every other day.

Twenty-nine of the players (32%) arrested since March belong to the Top 25 schools that were investigated last season. Seven of these players had previously been arrested.

Therefore I think you found this as more of a interest rather then a stand point to say the least that you don't bet on criminals.

Murray Rothbard

Quote Originally Posted by Omaga View Post
    This irreverent information and has NO bearing on the outcome of the game, however whats probably more astounding is that you won't bet on this criminal but have probably bet on other criminals regardless of the nature in which you point out in the following post.

Six months ago in a special report on criminal records in college football, Sports Illustrated and CBS News found that seven percent of the players among SI's preseason Top 25 (204 players in all) had been in trouble with the law either before or after entering college.

However, the most alarming fact in the study wasn't the seven percent (that number could have been a lot higher if they had access to juvenile records or had they expanded the time frame of the study). It was that only two of the 25 schools they surveyed -- TCU and Oklahoma -- reported doing any type of regular criminal background checks on recruits. And neither TCU nor Oklahoma checked juvenile records.

Since the report was published, at least 90 Division I college football players have been charged with a serious crime. That's about one arrest every other day.

Twenty-nine of the players (32%) arrested since March belong to the Top 25 schools that were investigated last season. Seven of these players had previously been arrested.

Therefore I think you found this as more of a interest rather then a stand point to say the least that you don't bet on criminals.
    With all due respect what is the point of this post? Furthermore, are you suggesting that your post has NO bearing on the outcome of the game or that this gentleman who is starting for Maryland at QB has NO bearing on the game?

rainmaker82
    rainmaker82's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 133

Quote Originally Posted by Murray Rothbard View Post
    With all due respect what is the point of this post? Furthermore, are you suggesting that your post has NO bearing on the outcome of the game or that this gentleman who is starting for Maryland at QB has NO bearing on the game?
    I think he is referring to the poster who said he wasn't betting on this guy,(post #19) then posted that mugshot. Omaga is simply telling him that in all likelihood we do bet on criminals every Saturday.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

yeah there are alot of criminals in sports, I have not problem betting on them. But I do weigh that into the equation, weighted by position and number of snaps they get, ect.

I have a model and system though

it filters out betting on 5th string criminal true freshmen black quarterbacks with dreds that were converted to QB from LB.

I've NEVER lost with this system. and I don't intend to go against it this saturday.

yeah my model might be racist. but I LOVE the color green more than I hate the color black

Murray Rothbard

Quote Originally Posted by rainmaker82 View Post
    I think he is referring to the poster who said he wasn't betting on this guy,(post #19) then posted that mugshot. Omaga is simply telling him that in all likelihood we do bet on criminals every Saturday.
    Gotcha.

Urbanwildlife

More info on this game for people to consider:

Located this information when looking more into this game this morning, despite the fact my plays have already been made on it. Stay positive Georgia Tech backers! Keep the faith strong!

1. Two weeks ago, Georgia Tech B-backs Zach Laskey and David Sims combined for 156 yards in the Yellow Jackets’ win over Boston College. It was a bit out of the ordinary.
    Against BYU, Clemson and Middle Tennessee State, Tech’s three other most recent games, the two backs had 149 yards combined. The feature position in the Tech offense is having some problems.
    “We need to get more production out of that position,” quarterbacks and B-backs coach Brian Bohannon said. Against BYU, “Nobody played particularly well at that position.”
    Laskey is averaging 54.0 yards per game and Sims’ average is 31.0 yards per game with a 3.6 yards-per-carry rate. It’s a far cry from the numbers of 2010 B-back Anthony Allen, who averaged 101.2 yards per game and 5.5 yards per carry.
    “If (the B-backs) can get, say, 100, 150 yards every game, that’ll open up the lanes for Orwin (Smith), Tevin (Washington) and the other guys,” Sims said.
    It’s a layered problem. Laskey and Sims have dealt with injuries. The offensive line hasn’t met expectations. Against BYU and Middle Tennessee State, the entire offense didn’t play well. But the Laskey-Sims duo is about on pace to match the combined total of Sims and Preston Lyons from last season, when B-back play was below par.
    Sims, who began the season recovering from surgery to repair a stress fracture in his shin, has been laboring.
    “I feel like I’m starting to get back to that point where I was, say, last year,” he said.
    Bohannon said in watching video from last year’s game against Maryland, Tech’s opponent this week, he was struck by the difference in the speed.
    “He’s not moving like he was a year ago,” Bohannon said.
    Maryland will be a rough go. The Terrapins are No. 4 in the country in rushing defense.
    2. It was 14 years ago Wednesday that Dez White returned a kickoff 100 yards for a touchdown for Tech against Maryland. It was the last such touchdown for the Jackets until Saturday, when Jamal Golden broke the streak with a 97-yard return for a touchdown. Reached Tuesday, White had no idea he had been the last to score on a kickoff until Golden.
    “That’s very surprising,” White said. “That’s a long time. You’re talking about a lot of kickoff returns in 14 years.”
    It was, in fact, tied for the fourth-longest drought in FBS. White said he remembered “running through a pretty big hole and cutting the ball all the way across the field and having a footrace with the kicker. I remember (offensive coordinator) Ralph Friedgen being really happy he didn’t have to call a series.”
    White, living in Gwinnett County, is president and founder of the Body Firm Atlanta, which runs exercise boot camps in Gwinnett and Atlanta.
    3. Coach Paul Johnson said that wide receiver Anthony Autry is out for Saturday’s game with an unspecified injury. Asked to confirm a Twitter message that Autry’s younger brother Myles sent out after the BYU game that the injury was a torn anterior cruciate ligament, Johnson replied, “You can confirm that with Anthony’s brother, I guess.”
    Cornerback Louis Young and offensive tackle Will Jackson both were held out of practice with injuries. Both are uncertain for the Maryland game. Young was injured in the BYU game. His replacement would be Jamal Golden. Jackson missed the BYU game after getting injured one game prior against Boston College. He was replaced by Morgan Bailey.
    4. ESPN will use its six-day option in determining the kickoff time for Tech’s Nov. 10 game at North Carolina. The network will have until noon Sunday to announce the start time and broadcast outlet. … Johnson said he had not been informed of any potential problems for Saturday’s game due to Hurricane Sandy. The Washington area didn’t take the brunt of the storm, but power was knocked out for hundreds of thousands in the area. Maryland school officials closed the university for Monday and Tuesday. … Georgia Tech is a 7.5-point favorite for Saturday’s game.
    Thanks for reading. I’ll post more Wednesday. I didn’t clear time to do the post-Tuesday news conference summary. I’ll have something along those lines and hopefully one or two other things Wednesday.
    Last edited by Urbanwildlife; 10-31-12 at 11:27 AM.

Urbanwildlife

More good info. from Georgia Tech Head Coach Paul Johnsons press conference this morning:

Johnson says it’s not time to panic

12:19 pm October 31, 2012

1. At his Tuesday news conference, coach Paul Johnson offered an analysis of the season that acknowledged that it’s missed the mark thus far but asserted that it’s not time to panic.
    “Certainly, the year has not gone the way that we would have liked or envisioned to this point,” he said. “But sometimes, it happens.”
    Johnson noted that Tech has led in the fourth quarter of all five of its ACC games, three of which it lost, Virginia Tech, Miami and Clemson.
    “It’s not like we’ve rolled out there and gotten steamrolled by people,” he said. (Middle Tennessee State explanation is down below) “We just haven’t finished and haven’t won the game.”
    He pointed out that “you can make a really good case that we had a great chance” to beat both Virginia Tech and Miami. Tech led both games going into the final minute but lost both in overtime.
    “If you win those two games, you’re probably looking at a whole different scenario,” he said. “But if if’s and but’s were candy and nuts … We didn’t get it done. And sometimes that happens. I don’t think you panic and throw the baby out with the bathwater all because you didn’t (finish).”
    I believe there’s some validity to what he’s saying. If Tech had won both of those games, and it’s hard to argue that they weren’t entirely winnable, the Jackets would be 5-3 overall and 3-1 in the ACC and in control of their fate in the Coastal Division. You could also make the case that Tech wouldn’t have lost to Middle Tennessee State if it hadn’t absorbed such a devastating loss to Miami seven days prior.
    That loss, Johnson made no excuse for, saying “we no-showed, bottom line.” For the sake of argument, let’s give the Jackets that game. That makes Tech 6-2 and conceivably ranked.
    On the other hand, it doesn’t explain the defensive lapses, and perhaps BYU would still have drummed Tech by 24 points at home. Johnson noted that BYU is “pretty dang good,” could finish 8-4 and that three losses will be to No. 3 Notre Dame (by three points on the road), No. 11 Oregon State (a game that was tied going into the fourth quarter) and No. 19 Boise State (7-6 on the road).
    You could make the case that maybe Tech would have played with more confidence or spirit if it had been 6-1 going into that game, but then you could also say that BYU would have been all the more fired up to play a ranked team on the road and that maybe the defense might have made more mistakes had Al Groh still been the coordinator. (Johnson said defensive mental errors were “probably half of what we would normally have.” The problem Saturday, on top of getting stuck with disadvantageous field position, was a lot of missed tackles.)
    Losing by 24 points at home and not scoring an offensive touchdown is hard to argue around. Even if all the if’s and but’s were true and BYU had been 7-1 and in the top 10, a 24-point home loss to anyone is something of a statement.
    This all makes me think of a few things. One, you can play this game the other way, too. Johnson’s signature win, the 2008 defeat of Georgia, could well have gone the Bulldogs’ way with one play. But for a few plays in 2009, Tech could have lost to Clemson (three-point margin of victory), Florida State (five points), and Wake Forest (three points, overtime) and Clemson again in the ACC title game (five points), although none of those teams had those games in the bag like Tech seemingly did the Virginia Tech and Miami games.
    That said, I don’t think that Johnson’s point is that Tech should have a better record – as he acknowledged that “we didn’t get it done,” – but rather that the team isn’t the jalopy that some (most?) think.
    “It’d be a lot more concerning if we were trotting our butt out and getting beat 56-3 or 41-7 and you were never in the game and you never had a chance,” Johnson said, coming narrowly close to reciting the score of the BYU game. “Then you might be looking at wanting to make some changes in what you were doing and the way you were approaching and all that. In my mind, anyway. We’re not that far away.”
    Two, something I’ve heard Johnson say a number of times is “That’s why you play the games.” I’m not sure anyone saw this coming, and I don’t know that, if you rewind the season to Sept. 3, it would turn out again the way it has. Maybe it would.
    Three, it’s hard to not feel like something is missing. I asked Johnson what the team’s personality was, and after saying that he thought the team has “probably got some different personalities,” noted that the team is young. There’s 12 seniors on the roster, six of whom start.
    “So at times we have a hard time staying focused,” he said. “The maturity level is probably not what you would like all the time.”
    He went on further to say that problems with focus can happen game to game or even series to series, noting how off the team was in the second half of the Boston College game.
    “Momentum is a big deal, especially with a young team,” he said. “It’s a big deal and when things don’t go well early, they can get down really quick.”
    I imagine that strikes some as an excuse. Maryland is even younger than Tech, although it starts more seniors, and has had to deal with four quarterbacks going down with season-ending injuries.
    “I think our team has handled all the situations pretty well,” Maryland coach Randy Edsall said.
    He noted that the Terrapins haven’t finished the last two games as well as he would want – perhaps being down to the fourth-string quarterback was a factor – and added that players are giving great effort.
    On the other hand, N.C. State coach Tom O’Brien said that with teams with few seniors, “there isn’t that sense of urgency” because underclassmen know they have seasons left to play. At this point of the year, he said, when seniors realize there’s only four games left in their career, “it picks up the whole football team.”
    It’s hard to not think something is missing with this team. It’s possible, maybe even likely, the paucity of seniors is a factor. A shortage of playmakers is another. Obviously, the pass rush hasn’t measured up, nor has the offensive line. While it’s contributed plays, special teams has been leaky. The secondary hasn’t lived up to its billing.
    In looking at a quote from the 2009 Wake Forest game story, a quote from Johnson stuck out.
    “We found a way to win in the end,” he said.
    There’s a lot to point a finger at. However, they might still all be warts even if the team were 5-3 or 6-2, but, right or wrong, we probably wouldn’t be dwelling on them so heavily. As Johnson often says, but remarkably didn’t say Tuesday, things are rarely as good or as bad as they seem.
    I’m not sure how much I agree or disagree. But I don’t think Johnson is entirely off base.
    2. And, also, Johnson said “we’re committed to playing Vad (Lee). A lot of it’s going to depend on practice, and I talked to both of them yesterday (Monday) and they understand the situation. They both have got to get ready to play and as the week goes on, we’ll figure out how we’re going to do it.”

Omaga
    I GET IT...
    Omaga's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 313

Quote Originally Posted by rainmaker82 View Post

YES THIS ^

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    yeah there are alot of criminals in sports, I have not problem betting on them. But I do weigh that into the equation, weighted by position and number of snaps they get, ect.

I have a model and system though

it filters out betting on 5th string criminal true freshmen black quarterbacks with dreds that were converted to QB from LB.

I've NEVER lost with this system. and I don't intend to go against it this saturday.

yeah my model might be racist. but I LOVE the color green more than I hate the color black
    Archie you're a true charter, thanks pal for weighing in on the subject.

Yea, it sounds like you have a black market system since you're at the bottom of the barrel with these type of filters, therefore you shouldn't have a problem telling the next story or winning for that matter.

I actually saved this post to my good reads
    Last edited by Omaga; 10-31-12 at 02:42 PM.

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18710

Quote Originally Posted by darko3131 View Post
    Reminds me of Greg Paulus at QB for Syracuse. Everyone said LOL a basketball player at QB but he wasn't half bad.
    I dont think this is comparable at all...Greg Paulus was a gifted senior athlete...this guy is a random freshman

coop
    coop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

Bottom line, GT lives and breathes the kind of option/zone read offense MD is going to be running. This is also the first game where an opponent has had time to actually prepare for what MD is likely going to try and do. The NC State game the option QB got in because of an injury and took NC state totally off guard. The BC game, they were starting the freshman who is more of a pro style QB. Maryland also has had a VERY bad running game besides the NC state game. I think they had -2 yards in one game. So it's not like they have some great hulking o-line that can control the line of scrimmage.

GT is familiar with this type of offense, it's a freshman linebacker playing QB.

When something unprecedented happens (and I've certainly never heard of a team losing FOUR QBs for the season and then starting a LINEBACKER), that is something the books may actually not know how to account for. Think about it. Might as well take the shot.

Got in at 6.5 because im razor sharp. But all this SBR love may mush it, so who really knows.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Chi_archie

Urbanwildlife

More info. This comes from Vegasinsider.

The Yellow Jackets are a hard team to figure. They looked good two weeks ago against BC, and then were busted at home by BYU last week. The Yellow Jackets are 1-4-1 ATS in their past six road contests, and they are 0-2 SU away from Atlanta this season. However, Maryland is 1-9 ATS in their past 10 games, and 2-8 ATS in their past 10 games. Also, they lost yet another quarterback, Caleb Rowe, to a season-ending injury. The Terps do not have any healthy scholarship quarterbacks, so they turn to freshman LB Shawn Petty. While the past eight games for Maryland have been decided by 10 or fewer points, and five by five or fewer points, Maryland is starting a linebacker at quarterback. That makes Georgia Tech somewhat of a tasty play, no? An under of 46.5 looks like the really good play, though, as Maryland ranks poorly on offense, and fourth overall in the nation in rushing defense.

jrose2106
    jrose2106's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 265

Under is the play, Terps got a really good Run D, and with the freshman LB playing QB, can't imagine them airing it out much or for that matter moving the ball much at all, Tech 17-7

Urbanwildlife

Actually if you look at the games they played, running teams have been able to move on the ball on them.

pokernut9999
    pokernut9999's Avatar Become A Pro!

You guys do know that Georgia Tech is a crappy team.....laying over a TD on the road.

Same team lost by 21 as a 21 point favorite at home.

BYU has a crappy offense and ran all over Tech last week.

pokernut9999

They have wins over Presbyterian 2-7 , Virginia 2-6 , and Boston College 2-6.

Good luck fellas

Urbanwildlife

and Maryland lost to one of the worse teams in the country in Boston College, just this past week 20-17, but I also see you failed to selectively forget to mention that! The same goes with there big 7 point win at 2-7 Virgina 3 weeks ago, a team that Georgia Tech beat 56-20. You also selectively failed to mention that Maryland has scored 20 or more points one time in there past 4 games, and that was against Virgina, and that they have scored over 21 points only 2 times all season. I might add they did beat William & Mary 7-6! Now with there high scoring offense, they are going with a freshman linebacker as there leader on offense, so we can expect real big offensive production from them correct?

Just having a little fun with you pokernut999! Best of luck to you this week on your plays!
    Last edited by Urbanwildlife; 10-31-12 at 08:46 PM.

pokernut9999

They have lost by 2, 3 , 7 and 10.

Without a qb last week they still pushed.

Urbanwildlife

and Georgia Tech has lead late in the fourth quarter of all five of its ACC games, three of which it lost, Virginia Tech, Miami and Clemson. They just have had a hard time finishing.

dkthrilla33
    dkthrilla33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

penetrate that!!! POUND THE UNDERS!!! all tech does is run the ball, well marlyand is stout against the run alllowing only 77 yards a game. tech d is shitty but w no qb for maryland and the fact that they only average 91 yards rushing a game tells me basically maryland will struggle to score ALL game! and if that strong maryland run d slows down tech it just spells low scoring for the unders! LOAD BOYZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

last-1-2-know
    last-1-2-know's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 619

Line is up to -9.......

Urbanwildlife

I was just going to post about the line going up.....

MeatWad
    MeatWad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 221

Looking damn good so far!

PAYTON20
    PAYTON20's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 770

Lesco

PAYTON20
    PAYTON20's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 770

This bet was like taking candy from a baby

HOT WINGS
    HOT WINGS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3651

Nice call pal.

Urbanwildlife

MeatWad
    MeatWad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 221

Quote Originally Posted by PAYTON20 View Post
    This bet was like taking candy from a baby
    Sure was especially if you hit that opener below -7. Big gap in overall talent and althleticism, and two wrongly valued squads based on some misleading games earlier in the season. Didn't matter who Maryland played as QB.

First 123 Last