Double Bogey
    Double Bogey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1472

Hedging is -ev. Only dumbasses hedge as a strategy. The only reasons to consider hedging are if it's life changing money, or you have new info and now cap the game the other way.

stuntin909
    stuntin909's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 200

im looking at a $220 win. Not life changing but enough to piss you off it loses. Gonna let it ride. It's what sundays are all about!

theAkathist
    theAkathist's Avatar Become A Pro!

gabbet knocking on the door

stuntin909

lol. knew this wouldn't be "easy"

Urbanwildlife
    Urbanwildlife's Avatar Become A Pro!

Green Bay looks pathetic on both sides of the ball. No pass rush, no running game, and Rodgers is not playing well, not to mention the the turnover and penalties they have had.

theAkathist
    theAkathist's Avatar Become A Pro!

GB recieves 2nd half. really need to score some pts on that

also we could possibly see Henne, if he comes in its game over hes so so so bad

Urbanwildlife

p19101
    Giants!
    p19101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Quote Originally Posted by Double Bogey View Post
    Hedging is -ev. Only dumbasses hedge as a strategy. The only reasons to consider hedging are if it's life changing money, or you have new info and now cap the game the other way.
    Exactly, I'm shocked reading the responses in these threads every week. Good to see I'm not alone in here.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Urbanwildlife

stuntin909

this is frustrating.

Urbanwildlife

With that last pass by the punter you have to wonder if Green Bay really wants to win this game.

Seaweed
    Update your status
    Seaweed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6952

Why is Green Bay attempting trick plays? a fake punt, and a cross filed throw?

Urbanwildlife

Quote Originally Posted by Seaweed View Post
    Why is Green Bay attempting trick plays? a fake punt, and a cross filed throw?
    Refer to my last comment for your answer.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Double Bogey View Post
    Or if you want to actually make money. Guys act like they're getting a nut chopped off if they hedge or want to show they have the balls to let it ride. These are the same people who will win one of those and then blow it all on their next bet. It does depend on the amount, I do agree, but the main point of gambling is to make money. Nothing wrong with being smart and guaranteeing yourself something with a hedge when you get down to the last leg of a larger parlay. If it's a two teamer or something like that, then yeah I would agree - silly to hedge ... but bigger parlays should always have an out IMO. Good luck with the Packers finishing for you.

stuntin909

SUCH A FUKN JOKE. This is getting absurd.

stuntin909

These guys are really shooting themselves in the foot. start at own 40....3 n out.

Urbanwildlife

Sure makes you wonder, as we are talking Jacksonville here.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

uhhh, if you even think about a hedge, why are you fukkin including GB in your bet?

unfukkinreal.

i dont think think people realize how dumb they look by posting this garbage.

stuntin909

my $ not yours. go worry about yourself.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

Quote Originally Posted by stuntin909 View Post
    my $ not yours. go worry about yourself.
    you asked pal

i gave the fukkin answer

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage
    keyboarding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 972

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    uhhh, if you even think about a hedge, why are you fukkin including GB in your bet?
    This really is the question.

Guy starts a thread and tells people to worry about themselves when they reply to it.

What a fukking hamburger.

stuntin909

It was an open parlay and i wanted to close it out with a realistic win instead of gambling it on a spread or o/u. FIrst time I ever did an open parlay.

heywally
    heywally's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 765

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    Or if you want to actually make money. Guys act like they're getting a nut chopped off if they hedge or want to show they have the balls to let it ride. These are the same people who will win one of those and then blow it all on their next bet. It does depend on the amount, I do agree, but the main point of gambling is to make money. Nothing wrong with being smart and guaranteeing yourself something with a hedge when you get down to the last leg of a larger parlay. If it's a two teamer or something like that, then yeah I would agree - silly to hedge ... but bigger parlays should always have an out IMO. Good luck with the Packers finishing for you.
    Yep, the stock market is filled with seasoned and successful players who hedge all of the time. Maybe they are just lucky for years and years.

A quick look at the stats for this game, without looking at the score and you'd have to guess that maybe Jacksonville won it.

BTW, the best idea for a hedge that someone mentioned earlier was to take Jacksonville plus the points; that way, you had a decent shot at winning both bets because the spread was so large.

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage
    keyboarding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 972

Quote Originally Posted by stuntin909 View Post
    It was an open parlay and i wanted to close it out with a realistic win instead of gambling it on a spread or o/u. FIrst time I ever did an open parlay.
    That makes even less sense. You could have picked any game on the board in any sport and you chose a huge NFL ML and then immediately wondered if you should hedge it? Fukked.

Anyway, congratulations on the win.

God bless.

First 12