SplitAces
    SplitAces's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 360

The truth behind a forum.

Guys I am new to the forum arena. From everything that has happened recently I am so confused. Gambling my whole life and get that end of it, The forum, posting is a different animal.
    I know their are a few smart members who get it on this site.
    Can someone explain how some people make money for posting while others are moderators.
    I get how SBR incentivizes users to become a pro, obviously they want you to sign up at a book as a referral and get a percentage of your losses. Seems like a conflict of interest to me altogether as they take sponsorship from books who supposedly on one end they police and monitor and on the other they are taking their money.
    What am I missing?

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

Quote Originally Posted by SplitAces View Post
    Guys I am new to the forum arena. From everything that has happened recently I am so confused. Gambling my whole life and get that end of it, The forum, posting is a different animal.
    I know their are a few smart members who get it on this site.
    Can someone explain how some people make money for posting while others are moderators.
    I get how SBR incentivizes users to become a pro, obviously they want you to sign up at a book as a referral and get a percentage of your losses. Seems like a conflict of interest to me altogether as they take sponsorship from books who supposedly on one end they police and monitor and on the other they are taking their money.
    What am I missing?
    Don't really know, hopefully you get a good answer cause I have kind of been wondering about the inner workings of SBR also. I'm a firm believer that they are legit, and while they may have some conflicts of interest, they will come to the correct conclusion, either for the player, or the book, because if they do not have the respect of both parties, they lose business.

acl123
    syndicate
    acl123's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by tto827 View Post
    Don't really know, hopefully you get a good answer cause I have kind of been wondering about the inner workings of SBR also. I'm a firm believer that they are legit, and while they may have some conflicts of interest, they will come to the correct conclusion, either for the player, or the book, because if they do not have the respect of both parties, they lose business.
    Which is exactly whats happening now.
    Theire moto is for the player but everybody is realizing that is not true.

tatommack
    cowboys make the playoffs
    tatommack's Avatar Become A Pro!

I've never got into trouble putting a sponsored book on blast. i did however get help asap with my problems.

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

Quote Originally Posted by acl123 View Post
    Which is exactly whats happening now.
    Theire moto is for the player but everybody is realizing that is not true.
    Personally, their forum policies I could care less about, don't be a dumb douche and they will not bother you. I have yet to see them make a blatant ruling against a player regarding finances, which is what I was referring to in my other post. In the whole Brock scenario, they might be protecting Brock as much as they are protecting Heritage, we may never know.