JakeLc
    JakeLc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 50

Mack Brown blames Longhorn Network

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-...59--ncaaf.html

But here's where Brown's concerns start to border on bizarre, from the Orangebloods.com story:
    Brown even said if a player needs to have an ankle taped, the UT medical staff will tape both ankles so anyone watching LHN won't know if a player is injured.
    Oh. That seems perfectly logical, and a great allocation of time. I'm sure the training staff loves getting that order. Nothing at all crazy about that.

Consider that Texas' sports information staff keeps an eye on the network to make sure there are no competitive advantages being given away. The practice footage comes from the first eight periods of practice, which are assuredly done in a way to not give out any game-planning information (the first few periods of most college football practices are done on individual drills, the same type of drills every team does). To think that Oklahoma beat Texas 63-21 because of the network -- which, again, provides Texas the kind of paycheck every other school dreams of and should allow the Longhorns to hire and retain the best assistants, build great facilities and have a huge recruiting budget -- is flat-out preposterous. To think that Texas can't tackle anyone this season because Mack Brown has to drive to the network studios to answer some questions is absurd. To think that opponents are winning because of things they pick up on the Longhorn Network -- and keep in mind that Texas is having trainers tape healthy ankles to throw off opponents who might be watching the shows, so it's hard to believe any stone is being unturned there- - is paranoia at its most extreme.

donkbetter
    donkbetter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1746

fired at end of year!

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

I'd blame somebody else too if I was a shitty coach