cutlerfan
    cutlerfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 288

Bears/Lions MNF breakdown

Obviously with my handle I'm a Bears fan, so I'll admit this may be a bit slanted, so take it for what it's worth.

First of all, I was going into today with full expectation that tonight would be somewhat of a shootout with Cutler able to move the ball at will with 2 of Detroit's 3 best CBs out of the game. Stafford is the master at garbage stats and TDs and was looking at a 34-27 type of game. Too close to pick on line but definitely liked over.

Then the weather came in. Anyone that knows anything about Soldier Field knows it's the worst turf in the league and when it rains, it's even worse. If this comes down to a running game, I don't see the Lions beating the Bears.

First of all, the Bears possess the 9th best rushing offense in the NFL, but more importantly, have the best rush defense in the league. Detroit also has a pretty solid run defense (9th) but can not run the ball well (19th). The Bears offensive line, as much maligned as it is vs. the pass, is actually quite good vs. the run (over 2K yards rushing last year).

As for the passing game, Cutler has been very good on MNF and even better vs. the Lions posting a 105.4 QB rating. The Bears have handled Calvin very well. Tillman is physical like few corners and within the Bears’ cover-two scheme he has had the better of Johnson. Last year Megatron went over 100 receiving yards nine times (including the playoff game), and three of those were over 200, but against Tillman he totaled just 130 yards over two games, and Tillman intercepted a pass while Johnson failed to record a touchdown. With Tim Jennings beginning the 2012 season on fire, and actually out-performing his teammate on the other side, Johnson is going to have as tough a test as he will run up against in 2012.

Throw in the fact that Lovie always has his guys read for MNF (I believe 8-1 in his career) and also after the bye (5-1 last 6 years) and I see the Bears winning a hard fought game with pulling away late, albeit low scoring. I'm going to end up teasing the Bears to -1/2 and Under 52 1/2. Looking at a 23-13 type of game. Good luck everyone.

scarp
    scarp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

Bears defense scares me and good point on the turf. Im liking the bears

geebert74
    geebert74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

Bears 1Q -.5 +102

boeing power
    boeing power's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

Can't trust either QB, probably be a turnover fest.

Gun to my head and I take the points but would not be confident.

slambam
    slambam's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

I have the over as last play in my tease. gl, hope we middle it.

geebert74
    geebert74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

Quote Originally Posted by boeing power View Post
    Can't trust either QB, probably be a turnover fest.

Gun to my head and I take the points but would not be confident.
    Then don't bet it. Just sit back and enjoy this one without a wager. No Confidence = Loss

boeing power
    boeing power's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

Exactly what I'm doing.

chantrain
    chantrain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Soldier Field is not the worst field in the league.

cutlerfan

Quote Originally Posted by chantrain View Post
    Soldier Field is not the worst field in the league.
    The only one even close is Heinz Field. Listen to the players. Even Bear players say it's worst field in league.

ohdawerz
    ohdawerz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 350

Agree

Yep. Weather can not be overlooked. Have the same tease...likin U1H too. BOL

LOCKSRUS
    Update your status
    LOCKSRUS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

Gl tonight bro hope your mob cashes

cutlerfan

It's not just the way weather effects play (slips, slippery ball, etc) but the way game strategy changes, especially with Lovie. Bears will be much more conservative tonight and rely on great defense and special teams, where Bears have gigantic advantage.