no gnu taxes
    no gnu taxes's Avatar Become A Pro!

How and when do books grade presidential odds bets?

An unlikely but not nearly impossible election outcome would be a 269-269 electoral push.

So what would books do?

Call the bets a push? Wait until the elctors meet in December, cast their votes, and then wait for the States to choose Romney (which would almost certainly happen in this case)?

Or what if an elector went rougue and say cast a deciding vote for Obama outside his States wishes?

So, in general, do books decide based on the outcome determined by apparent election results when they occur or do they wait for an official decision made by the electors in December. Or perhaps, do they wait until an inaugaration actually takes place in January.

As far as I can tell, these matters are not discussed in the books' rules.

mrpooh
    mrpooh's Avatar Become A Pro!

Because it won't happen. Obama has already locked this up. 4 more years of dung.

no gnu taxes
    no gnu taxes's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by mrpooh View Post
    Because it won't happen. Obama has already locked this up. 4 more years of dung.
    I wouldn't throw that ticket in the trash just.

(Baseball Analogy) Team Romney might have been down by 2 heading into the bottom of the ninth. But now, team Romney has the bases loaded with no outs and the three slot hitter at the plate.

And I am stretching to say that team Obama has it even that good.