Ernie Mccracken
    Ernie Mccracken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4304

We saw a monster CFB "true fan" homer burial last night, what are some others?

After ASU spent the week making a special video, trolling duck boards, promoting the black out, setting off pre-game fireworks, and convincing all the ESPN honks to pick them to win - the devils get boat raced off their own field in 20 minutes

This type of thing seems to happen once or twice/year. What are some other good humble pie moments in recent years?

Other houses of cards:
    - Hawaii vs. Georgia sugar bowl
    - Boise st "the best team in college football history" losing to TCU at home
    - App state ending Michigan's "title run"
    - Penn st crushes #3 Arizona 41-7 in the '99 opener (AZ would go on to finish 6-6)

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32291

Louisville / Rutgers 2006
    Cardinals were supposed to run the table and run RU out of NJ..............

dfish
    Sea Pines
    dfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 181

Colt Brennen vs. UGA
    Hammered the bulldogs
    My last winner

Ernie Mccracken

Quote Originally Posted by dfish View Post
    Colt Brennen vs. UGA
    Hammered the bulldogs
    My last winner

Brutal. Hawaii had no business being in that game.

Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

06 Florida destroyed OSU that was hyped as one of the greatest teams ever in the game that defined the SEC til their present day dominance

06 Boise over OK ending the nonstop doubt they couldn't hang with big schools

08 Bama rolling UGA @UGA in the blackout game, Saban's big coming out party "they're wearing black cause they're going to a funeral"

09 Bama rolling Florida in Tebow's last SEC game, changing of the guard

05 Texas silencing a USC hyped as a team for the ages in their own back yard

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

LSU being dominated wire to wire, in New Orleans, by Bama in the 2012 Championship game.

Saban removed any doubt of who is the best coach in the SEC, country.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Colorado circa 2001 curb stomping #2 Nebraska, as +9 home dogs, 62-36. I remember watching Colorado's two running backs busting 50 yard runs like they were playing a high school team.

M.W.
    M.W.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6270

Youngstown over Pitt in week 1 this year. Some idiots in the Pitt athletic dept. or the SID's office were handing out cupcakes representing the "cupcake" they were playing in their first game.

Ernie Mccracken

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    Colorado circa 2001 curb stomping #2 Nebraska, as +9 home dogs, 62-36. I remember watching Colorado's two running backs busting 50 yard runs like they were playing a high school team.
    Totally forgot about this game, but it definitely signaled the decline of nebraska football. Not nearly as shocking, but I also remember Oregon State pounding a slow-as-snot Notre Dame 41-9 in the fiesta bowl that same year.