ttrace35
    ttrace35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

Baltimore Raven + 6 1/2 and ML + 250

This ML is absolutely worth a shot. Texans are not that good let's be real. I have watched all their games and even in the blowouts they weren't impressive. Also, I don't have the stats, but it seems that the texans defensive strengths are against the run. You can pass on these guys and we all know that baltimore can throw the football. 6 1/2 is too many points to be giving when they can easily lose this game. Baltimore seems to play up or down to the competition and they will be very UP for this game.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: DudleyDawson

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

Lovin it tracy !

MobFade
    MobFade's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 987

You can get it +7, and I would still probably wait to see if it crosses the 7 after Lewis/Webb news. I think it is a big deal to lose both those guys, but not as much as everyone thinks. Ray Lewis is the heart of the defense, but his play has dropped off significantly this year and he'll still be on the sideline playing a role.

Agree that Houston is still over-rated and Baltimore will keep this close. Would take the points since it's on the 7.

ttrace35

Quote Originally Posted by MobFade View Post
    You can get it +7, and I would still probably wait to see if it crosses the 7 after Lewis/Webb news. I think it is a big deal to lose both those guys, but not as much as everyone thinks. Ray Lewis is the heart of the defense, but his play has dropped off significantly this year and he'll still be on the sideline playing a role.

Agree that Houston is still over-rated and Baltimore will keep this close. Would take the points since it's on the 7.
    Louis/webb news has been out for days

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

webb is a huge loss,,,doubt id lay that number but that a huge loss..also i know ngata says he playing but how effective will he be? w/o webb it will be hard to load box and if ngata isnt his normal disruptive self foster will gash bal much like many teams have done on the ground thus far,,i agree bal should have some success with rice underneath and smith over the top but im still not a huge fan of balty no huddle on the road as they struggle getting it going and that leaves the d on the field for long stretches....ultimately i cant blame anyone for taking shot on ml as nfl gms are typically much more of coinflips than the ml indicates, personally i think a hou team that started yates gave a healthy ravens everything they could handle @ balt in the playoffs will control this gm with the run gm and hit some shots over the top and get the W but it prob closer than the price indicates...gl trigger

billysink
    billysink's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ttrace35 View Post
    Keep an eye on Ngata and Jimmy Smith. Ngata sustained cartilage damage in his knee last Sunday. All indications are that he will try to play. Smith could not finish the game on Sunday with a groin problem.

If Ngata is limited in that game, no fukkin way I am touching Baltimore. Against that run game with a bum knee. Not for me.

MobFade
    MobFade's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 987

Quote Originally Posted by ttrace35 View Post
    The public hasn't gotten all the money in on Houston in the wake of the Lewis/Webb news that they will by the end of the week and this line keeps moving. Still 2/3 action on Hou and line will close at 7 as squares keep pounding them. 5Dimes already has it +7.5-130. Some books probably post a 7.5 line until they get hammered back to 7.

greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

At what point is the 7th best D against the pass an indication that they can be thrown on?

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

I like this play alot Tracer.

Also like the over in this game. The Over in the Panthers game should hit too.

Texans secondary been ripped to shreads 2 weeks in a row

SteelRain
    SteelRain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6789

don't know about this play

Ravens team on the road that cant stop the run, shakey secondary, shakey offense, flacoo is still pretty bad

i like the texans to bounce back here with a double dight win

billysink

Quote Originally Posted by greenhippo View Post
    At what point is the 7th best D against the pass an indication that they can be thrown on?
    Baltimore struggles badly against press coverage. The man to man press that Houston employs may not be to their liking.

BadLuckSanta
    BadLuckSanta's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19889

this is stupid.
    houston wins and covers.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Agreed if we're talking about +7. I'm actually a bit skeptical about Houston's defense. They faced Tannehill in week 1 when he was still pulling it together, shut down the Jaguars and Titans (division opponents with weaker QBs), but allowed Peyton to throw for 330, and Rodgers for 338. Flacco has the firepower and the receivers to put a lot of pressure on the HOU secondary. Houston is also surprisingly bad in special teams (30th) while Baltimore is ranked 5th.

I think the Over may well be a good play here.

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

Baltimore's D is really shitty. Not even close to what it used to be, won't be getting any better either with the injuries

coop
    coop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

How is Baltimore's offense so good at home and so bad on the road????

Anyone care to guess?

I'll tell ya why boys, it's because at M&T Bank Stadium aka The Bank, the people of Baltimore are smart folk you see, so they are quiet as mice when the Ravens offense is on the field. This leads to great communication which leads to NO HUDDLE SUCCESS. Flacco does very well in the fast pace offense.

On the road though because of the crowd noise, the offensive line mainly, but the offense in general is not good or cohesive enough to pull off effective no huddle. So they have to slow it down and go back to Cam Cameron shyt play calling and Flacco being a twerp.

Ravens D is VERY bad this year. they couldn't stop a nosebleed. But they still are capable of forcing a few turnovers. Ed Reed is old, but still can make some plays. Jimmy Smith the young 2nd year player has been shaky at best and gets thrown into the fire this week. Will he come out like the fukkin khaleesi on Game Of Thrones with two dragons on his shoulders? Or will he just burn to a pile of ash?

These are the angles you gotta look at

briedward
    briedward's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3395

Baltimore defense is going to take a huge step back without the General, Ray Lewis, making all the defensive adjustments.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1920

Betting on the Ravens while they are on the road with injured defensive players?
    Ravens are more of a running team than a passing team, going against the Texans strong run defense.

csknight3
    csknight3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1073

I don't believe that you have really watched every game. If you did you would see the Texans have one of the most balanced offensive attacks in the league. Arian Foster and Ben Tate are two of the best running backs in the NFL. Andre Johnson is one of the best receivers and Owen Daniels is one of the most underrated T.E. in football. Not only that but their O line is above average. All that combined means they are freakin good.

Also before Cushing got hurt, their defense was unbeatable. I blame the loss against GB being due to not have Cushing for the first time in forever. Cushing not playing should be your only reason to take Baltimore here. ESPECIALLY now that the Ravens have lost LEWIS the heart and soul of their team (much like Cushing). Look for the Ravens D to get lost and destroyed against the Texans offense because of the loss of Lewis. LINEBACKERS are like the QB of the defense.

I'm not trying to be mean or anything. I just don't think your analysis on this game has any concrete details or any details at all that support the Ravens besides "well the Texans are overrated because they got embarrassed by Green Bay last week and since that happened they got thrashed in ONE game by Aaron Rodgers (the best QB in the league) they must be awful against the pass on defense." The Texans are ranked 7TH in pass and rush D averaging only letting up 212 pass yds per game and they also have 7 interceptions, two returned for TDS.

ttrace35

Quote Originally Posted by GunShard View Post
    Betting on the Ravens while they are on the road with injured defensive players?
    Ravens are more of a running team than a passing team, going against the Texans strong run defense.
    Not true this year gun. Ravens offense is a pass happy team this year. Torrey Smith will have a huge game. If you look at the texans, The have been comfortable sitting on their leads this year. In the past, they would go for the jugular. This year, they allow teams to come back in the second half. Could have easily lost those game to the jets and broncs after having big leads. Flacco will put up over 300 yards through the air. Ravens injuries dont bother me, because they werent a particularly good team on defense, anyway. This game will be won on offense. Everybody likes to talk about Ray Lewis' injury, but I didnt here a peeeeeep about BRIAN CUSHING being out for the year. This Texan team is not 6 1/2 points better than the Ravens. No way.

ttrace35

Quote Originally Posted by csknight3 View Post
    I don't believe that you have really watched every game. If you did you would see the Texans have one of the most balanced offensive attacks in the league. Arian Foster and Ben Tate are two of the best running backs in the NFL. Andre Johnson is one of the best receivers and Owen Daniels is one of the most underrated T.E. in football. Not only that but their O line is above average. All that combined means they are freakin good.

Also before Cushing got hurt, their defense was unbeatable. I blame the loss against GB being due to not have Cushing for the first time in forever. Cushing not playing should be your only reason to take Baltimore here. ESPECIALLY now that the Ravens have lost LEWIS the heart and soul of their team (much like Cushing). Look for the Ravens D to get lost and destroyed against the Texans offense because of the loss of Lewis. LINEBACKERS are like the QB of the defense.

I'm not trying to be mean or anything. I just don't think your analysis on this game has any concrete details or any details at all that support the Ravens besides "well the Texans are overrated because they got embarrassed by Green Bay last week and since that happened they got thrashed in ONE game by Aaron Rodgers (the best QB in the league) they must be awful against the pass on defense." The Texans are ranked 7TH in pass and rush D averaging only letting up 212 pass yds per game and they also have 7 interceptions, two returned for TDS.

The fact that you are rattling off all these stats, tells me that YOU dont watch the games. Houston has only looked average this year. Even the Miami game was close until the end of the 2nd qt when Tannehill started throwing the ball right to the Ravens. Even that game they only scored 6 pts in the second half. More furthering my point that this Texans team takes their foot off the gas and is just happy with a win.

ttrace35

Quote Originally Posted by greenhippo View Post
    They didnt play anybody. Stop just rattling off numbers you found at covers.com. The 2 decent qb's they faced both put up over 300 yds passing.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Don't like it. Houston was indeed exposed but by a team that were SB favorites pre-season. Good bounce back game at home.

I don't put much stock into either team losing their defensive captains. Last I checked, Ed Reed was still suiting up, and you could argue he's also the heart and soul of that defense.

ttrace35

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Lou View Post
    Don't like it. Houston was indeed exposed but by a team that were SB favorites pre-season. Good bounce back game at home.

I don't put much stock into either team losing their defensive captains. Last I checked, Ed Reed was still suiting up, and you could argue he's also the heart and soul of that defense.
    As was Cushing to houston. Im throwing out the GB game. Don't even remember it. But this houston team preys on scrubbs. Baltimore plays down to the competition. All the time. Last year in seattle and I think jax or tenn(can't remember) was the same thing. Houston was 7 point dogs going into balt this time last year, and got destroyed. Now they are the 7 point favorite???? Funny to me.

IllyPhilly[DOC]
    IllyPhilly[DOC]'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7288

I would be cautious with this ML. ATS maybe baltimore, but Houston wins SU. This will be a game where Ray Rice will have like 15 snaps just like that MNF Ravens @ JAGS. HOU should win big if Rice is a ghost. Baltimore may cover, but just dont see it. This is the reason why i cant decide who to take because i like HOU. Baltimore is my team too which makes me wanna lay off.

chopperocker
    Hang on baby, cuz life's a BITCH!!!
    chopperocker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55608

save your money and buy Ravens off the BYE week @ Browns Nov. 4th

ttrace35

Quote Originally Posted by chopperocker View Post
    save your money and buy Ravens off the BYE week @ Browns Nov. 4th

lol. Nooooo waaaayyyyyyy. Like I said. Ravens play up or down to the competition. I can easily see them beating houston and then losing to the browns.

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

If Lou doesnt like it that means Ravens are the play but I'd pass

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1836

Quote Originally Posted by csknight3 View Post
    Arian Foster, 2nd half of Jets game when they need him to run out the game. 20 carries, 50 yards.
    Packers game, 17 carries, 29 yards.

Their running game is absolutely pathetic. 25th in the league. What games are you guys watching? This not fantasy football.

Andre Johnson is washed up, their passing game is below average in the league.

Not hard to see why they could not keep up with the Packers. Should stick to beating the Jaguars and Titans.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1836

Good bounce back game but line is still inflated from the injuries.

Should be -3.

billysink

Quote Originally Posted by coop View Post
    How is Baltimore's offense so good at home and so bad on the road????

Anyone care to guess?

I'll tell ya why boys, it's because at M&T Bank Stadium aka The Bank, the people of Baltimore are smart folk you see, so they are quiet as mice when the Ravens offense is on the field. This leads to great communication which leads to NO HUDDLE SUCCESS. Flacco does very well in the fast pace offense.

On the road though because of the crowd noise, the offensive line mainly, but the offense in general is not good or cohesive enough to pull off effective no huddle. So they have to slow it down and go back to Cam Cameron shyt play calling and Flacco being a twerp.

Ravens D is VERY bad this year. they couldn't stop a nosebleed. But they still are capable of forcing a few turnovers. Ed Reed is old, but still can make some plays. Jimmy Smith the young 2nd year player has been shaky at best and gets thrown into the fire this week. Will he come out like the fukkin khaleesi on Game Of Thrones with two dragons on his shoulders? Or will he just burn to a pile of ash?

These are the angles you gotta look at
    this right here is a man who has done his homework

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Texans will run all over these boys.

Don't forget the revenge angle.

TexansFan
    TexansFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 211

Texans by at least 10.

briedward
    briedward's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3395

Perhaps the over should be the play given all of the recent defensive injuries. Could turn out to be a shoot-out in Texas stadium, just like it was on Dec 13, 2010 when the Ravens won 34-28.

Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14485

tracer 3-0 last week keep it going thx for posting bol all

betcha_bottom$
    betcha_bottom$'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 177

This is one i'd lay off.

Ravens haven't been able to stop the run and that was before the injuries to Webb and Lewis. Like someone else mentioned, Flacco has been terrible for a couple of years on the road. At the same time, the Texans have not looked the same at ALL the same since the Cushing injury. They were really close to losing that jets game to a C squad group of receivers and Green Bay straight up trounced them.

I'd probably lean more towards the ravens, and would even buy a half point just to be safe, but this is one i could see going either way. both teams are hurting

123 Last