MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Sorry, Kansas State just doesn't pass the eye test for me.....They are a very good team with great coaching that gets the most out of them, but certainly not in elite company

They would get smoked by Bama, Florida, LSU, South Carolina, and Georgia.....the athletes on the field are on a whole different level

They are more in line with a Mississippi State type team staying in the SEC for comparison

West Virginia at home will be tough.....I like Colin Klein alot but don't see them stopping Geno Smith and company either

Romocide
    Romocide's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3108

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    Sorry, Kansas State just doesn't pass the eye test for me.....They are a very good team with great coaching that gets the most out of them, but certainly not in elite company

They would get smoked by Bama, Florida, LSU, South Carolina, and Georgia.....the athletes on the field are on a whole different level

They are more in line with a Mississippi State type team staying in the SEC for comparison

West Virginia at home will be tough.....I like Colin Klein alot but don't see them stopping Geno Smith and company either
    KSU is just as good or better than 4 of those 5 teams.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: MTek

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Romocide View Post
    KSU is just as good or better than 4 of those 5 teams.
    Would they come out of Death Valley with a win? The swamp? Georgia or South Carolina?

Hell no.....

Would be a good game at Kstate maybe

The athletes on defense for these 4 teams blow out Kstates athletes by alot....

billysink
    billysink's Avatar Become A Pro!

The one thing the West Virginia defense can do well and probably the only thing, is stop the run. K. State is going to have to open it up a lot more than their on average 20 pass attempts per game just to keep up. West Virginia can and will score on anyone. You are not going to beat West Virginia in their own yard with 45-50 rush attempts. Not a fukkin chance.

They can grind it out on the ground for a win against a lot of teams at their own building but I don't think so here.

Now if the game were in Manhattan that would be a different story. The ground and pound at home always is.

hougigo
    hougigo's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by billysink View Post
    The one thing the West Virginia defense can do well and probably the only thing, is stop the run. K. State is going to have to open it up a lot more than their on average 20 pass attempts per game just to keep up. West Virginia can and will score on anyone. You are not going to beat West Virginia in their own yard with 45-50 rush attempts. Not a fukkin chance.

They can grind it out on the ground for a win against a lot of teams at their own building but I don't think so here.

Now if the game were in Manhattan that would be a different story. The ground and pound at home always is.
    Isn't texas tech anyone?

billysink

Quote Originally Posted by hougigo View Post
    Isn't texas tech anyone?
    No they are probably the third best defence in college ball. K State no where close.

3irish13
    3irish13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1449

Billy what are you smoking on they are not the third best d in college ball.

Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

fairest and truest line of the season
    shrug at you

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Basically in this game I can see many things happening:

(1) Collin Klein may not be able to run out of the shotgun position as well as he usually does because the WVU front four is big in size and can penetrate KSU's O-line. So basically Collin Klein will have to rely more on his arm and passing than he normally would.

(2) That being said KSU can and should be able to run the ball on the WVU front seven. KSU's running backs are shifty and can cause match up problems catching passes out of the backfield too for WVU. If WVU loads up the box to stop the run then KSU's passing game can easily light up WVU's secondary.

Why?

Because K-State passes are always times slant patterns and quick step passes that rely on speed and timing as well as in WR's finding open spaces. I believe KSU'S wideout core will be able to execute this effectively in this game. WVU's defense is more built on handling teams with a more traditional passing game (ie -normal routs. plays take time to develop...etc.). This works to K-State's advantage tremendously.

Conclusion: K-State's offense should be able to put points on the board through the air because of their precise and times passing routes and have 80-90 rushing yards on the ground against WVU's front four or five.

Defensively, K-State's front seven are extremely good at persuing the run and can penentrate defensively on blitzes. They should be effective in limiting WVU's run game. Now through the air, many question K-State's ability to defend the pass. Truth be told K-States secondary cannot handle quick slants and timing passes on precise routes well. But against a more traditional pass type of offense that WVU displays they can handle and limit Geno Smith to something like 310 yards and 2-3 TD's.

Overall K-State defensively can limit WVU to 24-30 points while putting up 34-42 of their own as long as Collin Klein can hit his receivers in stride like he did against Miami University.

Smart Pick Here is: K-State (+7.5)

Inkwell77
    Inkwell77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2413

Don't bet a side here. Hella unpredictable WV squad. K State will be decent, but WV has more talent and could easily win or easily get blown out. K State or nothing, but I dig nothing.

slim dog
    slim dog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7766

Lol. I stopped reading after your 1st sentence. Don't you think every team has said that we have to make them pass and we must stop the run? Look, this isn't the OU defense that KSU is playing. WV will be playing on of the most efficient offenses in the nation. WV pass defense is one of the worst pass defenses in the nation and you want to load the box? Good luck with that! WV rushing stats look good because everyone can pass all day on them.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1800

HFA is huge in CFB.

Plus all these "undefeated" teams are overrated except the SEC.

KSU a national title contender....that's laughable.

DarkNite
    DarkNite's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

I take KSU +

BRUTUSB33FCAKE
    BRUTUSB33FCAKE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 493

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    WVU is a really good team, They are at home. Its obvious guy
    Kansas State it is, thanks as always you mush!

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

OK I made it official. Kansas State +3 -113 at Heritage. Send it home Jerome!

BettingWizard
    BettingWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

wvu @ home

ksu is gonna lose eventually

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Quote Originally Posted by NYSportsGuy210 View Post
    Basically in this game I can see many things happening:

(1) Collin Klein may not be able to run out of the shotgun position as well as he usually does because the WVU front four is big in size and can penetrate KSU's O-line. So basically Collin Klein will have to rely more on his arm and passing than he normally would.

(2) That being said KSU can and should be able to run the ball on the WVU front seven. KSU's running backs are shifty and can cause match up problems catching passes out of the backfield too for WVU. If WVU loads up the box to stop the run then KSU's passing game can easily light up WVU's secondary.

Why?

Because K-State passes are always times slant patterns and quick step passes that rely on speed and timing as well as in WR's finding open spaces. I believe KSU'S wideout core will be able to execute this effectively in this game. WVU's defense is more built on handling teams with a more traditional passing game (ie -normal routs. plays take time to develop...etc.). This works to K-State's advantage tremendously.

Conclusion: K-State's offense should be able to put points on the board through the air because of their precise and times passing routes and have 80-90 rushing yards on the ground against WVU's front four or five.

Defensively, K-State's front seven are extremely good at persuing the run and can penentrate defensively on blitzes. They should be effective in limiting WVU's run game. Now through the air, many question K-State's ability to defend the pass. Truth be told K-States secondary cannot handle quick slants and timing passes on precise routes well. But against a more traditional pass type of offense that WVU displays they can handle and limit Geno Smith to something like 310 yards and 2-3 TD's.

Overall K-State defensively can limit WVU to 24-30 points while putting up 34-42 of their own as long as Collin Klein can hit his receivers in stride like he did against Miami University.

Smart Pick Here is: K-State (+7.5)
    K State +7.5?

CanuckG

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    OK I made it official. Kansas State +3 -113 at Heritage. Send it home Jerome!
    -113 juiced up

MTek
    MTek's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2860

Plus all these "undefeated" teams are overrated except the SEC.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckG View Post
    -113 juiced up
    Not much. It is 3 -115 at most places, might go to 2.5 game day

CanuckG

Take ML instead if you really K. State

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    =Plus all these "undefeated" teams are overrated except the SEC.
    All TWO of them. You are right though about Bama and Fla being legit. And while I also agree that K-State is not in the same class as those two schools, they are still TONS better than West Virginia, which is all that matters as far as this game goes.

LT Profits

Take ML instead if you really K. State
    Not according to the half-point calculator. K-State is only +125

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

K State +7.5?
    Sorry I meant it to be part of a teaser. At just +3 there are better plays on the board.

billysink

Many better games on the board.

turbozed
    turbozed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1081

Many better games on the board.
    Yeah I've found out that my winning % is a lot better on shitty games than marquee games. They're just too hard to avoid when you're both a degen and a fan of college football. Like last week I was able to avoid putting a bet on LSU/Scar until the very last moment. I end up losing by the hook. Even if I had won, that game was a coinflip at an accurate line. Those games are losers in the long run even at -105 juice.

Sunde91

KSU not a title contender? What kind of joke is that. They are 4th and will be there guaranteed if win out. The win @OK is the most impressive win of the year so far.

The remaining schedule is difficult but they are well in place.

cutchemist42
    cutchemist42's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5801

This line is based on the public still being in love with WVU despite getting exposed. Take your money on KST and let the fools depart with their money.....

dice
    dice's Avatar Become A Pro!

After getting destroyed by Texas Tech, who doesn't think West Virginia will come out ready to play?

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by dice View Post
    After getting destroyed by Texas Tech, who doesn't think West Virginia will come out ready to play?
    They can be ready all they want, their defense can't stop a head cold.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Quote Originally Posted by dice View Post
    Sure I think they will be ready to play, but it just won't be enough...

CanuckG

Geno Smith huge game

LT Profits

Geno Smith huge game

But it won't be enough.

yahoonino
    yahoonino's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1449

this game ,will go over,,,,,,,

Sunde91

Still say it was a fair line but nice call so far. Would love to see KSU win NC or Klein win Heisman and this is the biggest hurdle left for them

First 123 Last