Ralphie1412
    You Come at the King You Best Not Miss
    Ralphie1412's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1209

Back to Back NON sellouts at Yankee Stadium.....wtf

they cant sell out the ALCS? What a joke of a fanbase.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

must be broke losers like u.

Ralphie1412
    You Come at the King You Best Not Miss
    Ralphie1412's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1209

ZING! Another D+ line from one of SBRs many losers.

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Not the same stadium.....and not the same fans!

A4K
    A4K's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Magick View Post
    Not the same stadium.....and not the same fans!
    You got that right. Now it's a bunch of hedge fund managers from Connecticut.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

always funny when some broke clown who couldnt get $50 down on a game bashes fans for not spending $100s on tickets to a meaningless game during an economic downturn.

what a clueless dumfuk.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Yanks are becoming a dead franchise

Aging players do not win in mlb

Also its a corporate crowd now which is another major issue

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

5games in 5 days plus corp guys left before weekend

acl123
    syndicate
    acl123's Avatar Become A Pro!

Baseball is dead

Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

Just showed the fat Bacala guy from Sopranos in the 3rd row

Pivotpoint
    Pivotpoint's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3817

How much are decent tickets? I'd guess around $750 ? They rape you on parking before you go in and you'll drop a kings ransom on beer and food. I won't even get into what a pain in the ass it is to drive there from the suburbs.

Big Screen, booze, bongs, NFL, firing cash at games and winning must be what heaven is like. Screw the Yankees.

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

BASEBALL is dead when football is being played simultaneously

onacloud
    onacloud's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post
    always funny when some broke clown who couldnt get $50 down on a game bashes fans for not spending $100s on tickets to a meaningless game during an economic downturn.

what a clueless dumfuk.
    Is the economy really that bad?

Naz18
    Naz18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1940

It has nothing to do with the fanbase....Yankees are probably making more money then the old stadium.

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

Quote Originally Posted by Pivotpoint View Post
    How much are decent tickets? I'd guess around $750 ? They rape you on parking before you go in and you'll drop a kings ransom on beer and food. I won't even get into what a pain in the ass it is to drive there from the suburbs.

Big Screen, booze, bongs, NFL, firing cash at games and winning must be what heaven is like. Screw the Yankees.
    driving to the bronx from the burbs come on man

b1slickguy
    WDKYWMYAK
    b1slickguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29800

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    BASEBALL is dead when football is being played simultaneously
    Guy is spot on here! Gridiron >Diamond.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Also there was a home Jets game and huge Giants game on same time......plus the other shit people mentioned

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

Quote Originally Posted by onacloud View Post
    Is the economy really that bad?
    if a family of four decides instead of spending $1000 on tix, parking, concession etc, they would rather watch it on tv and have a bbq.... and use the rest to pay bills. does that really make them awful fans?

i would love to know how many games op has attended himself. im guessing somewhere between 0 and 0.

according to the republicons we are in the deep throes of the great depression.

A4K

Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post
    if a family of four decides instead of spending $1000 on tix, parking, concession etc, they would rather watch it on tv and have a bbq.... and use the rest to pay bills. does that really make them awful fans?

i would love to know how many games op has attended himself. im guessing somewhere between 0 and 0.

according to the republicons we are in the deep throes of the great depression.
    Depression shmisshmession. Enough of that bullsh!t. I don't see squaters living in tenament buildings and people abandoning entertainment. Every time I go to the fricking movies it's full and the mall is full.

By the way, who the penetrate pays to park at Yankee Stadium? Take the Subway like a normal person.

daimoshokage
    daimoshokage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

no gives a fukk about baseball..

nfl > nba > nhl > mlb

A4K

Quote Originally Posted by daimoshokage View Post
    no gives a fukk about baseball..

nfl > nba > nhl > mlb
    Not even close in terms of viewers or revenue. The NHL, by far, is at the back of that pack with the NBA and MLB fighting for 2nd.

darrell74
    darrell74's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19456

Attendance was 47k+
    What do they consider a sellout?

marcojuiceman
    marcojuiceman's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sunday’s attendance of 47,082 was not a sellout. The total was 40 fewer people than were at the ALCS opener on Saturday and just one more than were at the Division Series clincher against the Baltimore Orioles on Friday.

“This is my fourth postseason game the last two years,” said Mike Berardelli of Scranton, Pa. “I see those empty seats either way. I think the high prices of the (concessions) and the seats themselves, I think that’s what’s causing people not to come out. It’s expensive to come out here anymore.”
    Standing on the concourse along the first base side of the field, he said the vibe of the crowd has been noticeably different ever since the Yankees moved into their new ballpark in 2010.
    “The old stadium was never like this,” Berardelli said. You wouldn’t see an empty seat in the building. And if you didn’t get your ticket three weeks before the game, you weren’t coming. Wasn’t happening.”

“I get a different vibe this year than I did in 1998 when they were in the playoffs. It’s a different atmosphere. It’s a different crowd of guys

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Yanks alsoosf home field advantage

People just don't care if they win or lose

vaas187
    vaas187's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Yanks are becoming a dead franchise

Aging players do not win in mlb

Also its a corporate crowd now which is another major issue

sounds like my maple laughs. i penetrating hate that shit, selling out to corporate companies......it will help them pay their luxury taxes though for the yankees

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

Quote Originally Posted by A4K View Post
    Depression shmisshmession. Enough of that bullsh!t. I don't see squaters living in tenament buildings and people abandoning entertainment. Every time I go to the fricking movies it's full and the mall is full.

By the way, who the penetrate pays to park at Yankee Stadium? Take the Subway like a normal person.
    Walking around the mall is free, most people you see at movies are kids who have one kid pay and then sneaks 10 people in then they all stay there all day and watch every movie in the theater with the price of that one kids admission. they probably all sneak in food too which is basically the only profit theaters make by selling 50 dollar popcorn and 30 dollar sodas.

darrell74
    darrell74's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19456

Quote Originally Posted by darrell74 View Post
    Attendance was 47k+
    What do they consider a sellout?
    Once again, I ask this

All the other ballparks either can't hold 47k+
    or its a sellout at this much

kobebryant55
    kobebryant55's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 668

Yankee stadium holds around 56K
    Fan base is different I have been going to games since '92 ( i was at game 3 of the ALDS) very quiet subdued Wall Street f\*g fan base seats are padded ball park different and doesn't hold sound the same but again rich wall st chodes who have money go. I personally know 20-30 "die hard fans" who gave up their season tix since its so ridiculously priced and will never go back.

Also I hope NO ONE goes till these penetrating jokers manage more than 4 hits and 1 run in 3 games penetrating clowns. (I am a huge nyy fan) people say there are no fans where are they. Where are the Yankees cause everyone except the pitchers haven't played the entire playoffs where are they.

isotopes
    isotopes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

This is just a dumb post. Yankees lead the league in attendance almost every year and are top three EVERY single year. We don't need the playoffs to sell out our stadium like most franchises. On a Tuesday night game they have attendance over 40k almost every single time and I doubt that any other team can say that.

Last nights game was pretty much a sell out, they sold over 47k tickets, so you must be blabering incoherently about how there were a few thousand seats empty. Those were probably fans that were burned out from Saturday nights game. I think alot of that has to do with how MLB has set up the schedule, the yanks have played, for what it feels like, 3 weeks straight and this last week they went to extra innings 4 times including that long game on Saturday night. The fans are burned out. Bad scheduling on the part of baseball.

TroyGreen
    TroyGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

I just checked and the secondary market prices for Yankees tickets aren't that unreasonable. I expected for them to cost more. It does look like brokers hold allot of inventory and that could be a good or a bad thing attendance wise. I'm interested to know why that place isn't packed.

TroyGreen
    TroyGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Fan burnout is no excuse when there are multiple secondary markets. Why not give the tickets to a trusted Yankee fan friend who will cheer the team on? Why not sell them on StubHub or Craigslist to someone willing to go? I cant buy fan burnout in a city the size of New York. Especially with a fanbase that size. Something out the ordinary has to be going on.

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

Quote Originally Posted by Sunde91 View Post
    Just showed the fat Bacala guy from Sopranos in the 3rd row
    i thought that was Brady Hoke, but upon closer examination, he wasn't sweating enough.

allabout the $$$
    Update your status
    allabout the $$$'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26823

Quote Originally Posted by TroyGreen View Post
    Fan burnout is no excuse when there are multiple secondary markets. Why not give the tickets to a trusted Yankee fan friend who will cheer the team on? Why not sell them on StubHub or Craigslist to someone willing to go? I cant buy fan burnout in a city the size of New York. Especially with a fanbase that size. Something out the ordinary has to be going on.
    you could have bought tickets on yankees.com for friday, saturday and sunday. i was there fri and its not the same as the old stadium. im a die hard met fan and the old stadium used to give me goosebumps walking in this place is too big it just sucks.