anthonydiamondLC
    anthonydiamondLC's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1741

If you liked a play so much who would fly to Vegas and bet it?

I'm thinking of making the last minute flight to get there this weekend for something special. Has anyone ever just flied out there to place a wager, win, then just leave?

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

PIMike

boeing power
    boeing power's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

Southwest has 40% off sale.

Gl

anthonydiamondLC

Quote Originally Posted by boeing power View Post
    Southwest has 40% off sale.

Gl
    So far the best I've seen on priceline is like $800. I'm from NY, but I thought it would be cheaper. Im a cheap jew and want as least travel expense as possible or it will just dilute my earnings.

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

Quote Originally Posted by anthonydiamondLC View Post
    I'm thinking of making the last minute flight to get there this weekend for something special. Has anyone ever just flied out there to place a wager, win, then just leave?
    if you're getting down $10K+, then make the flight. what's your special play?

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

It's called a suitcase play

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

We're broke here pal, every Nickle offshore...

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Quote Originally Posted by MUHerd37 View Post
    It's called a suitcase play
    On the east coast a suitcase play us referred to a large play on credit and you pack your shit in case it loses to leave town
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: InTheDrink, and Aquaplex

anthonydiamondLC

Quote Originally Posted by paranoyd androyd View Post
    if you're getting down $10K+, then make the flight. what's your special play?
    Right now I'm thinking about doing just 5k because I have other players that will be putting up action I'll be getting a piece of and I'm not looking to really over extend myself considering what then inevitable return can be with limited risk. I don't want to say to much to what the play is because I still need to make sure all my people are on the proper line. I will say it is a underdog in the MAC conference.

paranoyd androyd

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    On the east coast a suitcase play us referred to a large play on credit and you pack your shit in case it loses to leave town
    love this

paranoyd androyd

Right now I'm thinking about doing just 5k because I have other players that will be putting up action I'll be getting a piece of and I'm not looking to really over extend myself considering what then inevitable return can be with limited risk. I don't want to say to much to what the play is because I still need to make sure all my people are on the proper line. I will say it is a underdog in the MAC conference.
    underdog in the MAC, fukkin love it dirty as hell.. perfect play for a situation like this lol.

i'll be on miami +7 and am still looking into buffalo +12 as they've been getting hit hard since opener. only thing i don't like about buffalo is that this is their 3rd consecutive road game. emu i would never trust with my money nor would i with western mich on the road. i may actually play ball state there for a nice chunk. gl

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6892

i thought about pretty much doing this week 1 NFL so i could place my largest wager ever on the Bears spread vs my Colts... but i couldn't get a schedule worked out to do it

of course my wager won lol

anthonydiamondLC

Conferences like the MAC and Sun belt I feel you can make a lot of money with targeting certain underdogs.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

CAn't be Western Mich, and I cashed on Buffalo 2 weeks in a row easy... Stayin away this week..

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

no reason you cant bet 20k on a game online though honestly the top books are safe

anthonydiamondLC

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    no reason you cant bet 20k on a game online though honestly the top books are safe
    I don't wanna go through the hassle of sending that type of money offshore. I'd rather take the expense to travel bet the game in person then collect right when it wins.

eastern2
    eastern2's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    CAn't be Western Mich, and I cashed on Buffalo 2 weeks in a row easy... Stayin away this week..
    Hope it's not WMu - their backup is dreadful plus bsu is solid @ home

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

yeah Im on Ball st -2.5

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Did once.

Except I drove. And it was more for partying on the weekend rather than only gambling.

Still made a large cash play, dropped my entire student loan money, which was a grad plus loan. So $10K+.

Usually I can keep myself offshore until March Madness, which requires me to be in Vegas.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

yes. do it all the time.

eastern2
    eastern2's Avatar Become A Pro!

Gotta be Miami at 1 st glance - bg is having a tough yr and they still giving 7 to a team that has a solid sr qb

paranoyd androyd

akron +21 could be a sleeper with their uptempo offense and short road trip within the state. ohio's defense is giving up lots of yards and points this year. i've hit akron's team total over a couple times and their total on this game will probably be ~23. might be the better alternative to playing the spread since their defense is putrid and ohio can score. gl

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Why fly to ac and bet cash, when you can just bet with Griz's Local!

Ernie Mccracken
    Ernie Mccracken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4304

Vegas would never allow a +EV play big enough to warrant a degen move like that. We're mining for a tiny sliver of an edge here and there, don't kid yourself.

paranoyd androyd

Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post
    yes. do it all the time.
    yeah seen your tickets, what's the max you're willing to play offshore? and do you fly or drive in to vegas?

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

moyal will drive you 100 round trip

PAYTON20
    PAYTON20's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 770

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    Did once.

Except I drove. And it was more for partying on the weekend rather than only gambling.

Still made a large cash play, dropped my entire student loan money, which was a grad plus loan. So $10K+.

Usually I can keep myself offshore until March Madness, which requires me to be in Vegas.
    what was the play?

Did you win?

paranoyd androyd

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie Mccracken View Post
    Vegas would never allow a +EV play big enough to warrant a degen move like that. We're mining for a tiny sliver of an edge here and there, don't kid yourself.
    what amount is 'big enough to warrant' making the trip in your opinion? and of course you could get down the action being an unfamiliar face.

Ernie Mccracken
    Ernie Mccracken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4304

what amount is 'big enough to warrant' making the trip in your opinion? and of course you could get down the action being an unfamiliar face.

In statistical terms? I don't even know. I can't fathom Vegas laying an egg like that apropos of nothing, so it would have to be an extremely juicy/reliable piece of inside information.

Duff85
    Getting ready for Japball
    Duff85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4007

Ernie is right... provided said MAC opponent does not have a whole heap of players who are going to sit out at the game etc... this guy is circa 50% to hit his play. When you add in the cost of the travel alone at the cheapest flight he could find ($800) he's effectively taking -155 before he even gets started. The wager will have to cash over 60% of the time just to make it break even.
    Last edited by Duff85; 10-09-12 at 10:52 PM.

Duff85
    Getting ready for Japball
    Duff85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4007

Quote Originally Posted by Duff85 View Post
    Ernie is right... provided said MAC opponent does not have a whole heap of players who are going to sit out at the game etc... this guy is circa 50% to hit his play. When you add in the cost of the travel alone at the cheapest flight he could find ($800) he's effectively taking -155 before he even gets started. The wager will have to cash over 60% of the time just to make it break even.
    Also that doesn't take into account the fact that the information this guy has becomes more public before he gets there, in which case the line goes into freefall and he wastes $800 getting out there and home... as well as travel time, food etc.

greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

Quote Originally Posted by Duff85 View Post
    That's the thing though, guy isn't doing this longhaul, 60% over the course of time means nothing. Doesn't matter if the bet hits 1 out of every 10, if it hits the first time, he's done and set.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

The MAC is a fukkin corrupt league......I'm guessing you have some solid info

allabout the $$$
    Update your status
    allabout the $$$'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26823

fly to bahamas or dominican republic. cheaper flight, shorter flight, and better weather +ev all the way