J_smiff
    J_smiff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16095

Quote Originally Posted by itchypickle View Post
    LSU at home at night is an experience unmatched elsewhere....I hate them with a passion but if you've ever been down there for a night game....intimidating. People stomp on that old ass stadium and the ground literally shakes....they've been drinking Natural Light for about 36 hours leading up to kickoff and say what you want about fan bases....LSU has the biggest asssholes in the country. They get rowdy.

If this game was in Columbia I'd be all over the Gamecocks but LSU's 12th man is bigger the Aggies tradition.

I've said all year this Tiger team just doesn't have the attitude of the past few years....Mettenberger isn't that great and he doesn't lead the team like he needs to. Connor Shaw for USC has improved a LOT since last season.

LSU has the edge for the front D line but not as great in the backfield....Clowney for S Carolina will get to the Tiger QB all night with the mix matched O line at LSU.

Wing, the punter for LSU is a game changer flipping the field position to help out so I think this will be one of those 13-10 17-13 games at best. Might just go with the Under as the play and stay away from the spread.
    Here's a good idea, let's take the advice of the guy with an Alabama avatar!

Georgia was the most overrated team in the country by far, decent win for SC at home, but they aren't 1/8 of what LSU is. LSU just doesn't lose this type of game. Fans are pissed, teams pissed, they're coming out with some serious fire Saturday night, idc if Miles decides to play QB himself.

Smutbucket
    Smutbucket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13742

Quote Originally Posted by CBASS View Post
    You're a real bright one Smut. Being that LSU is in the SEC, that % includes conference games as well. And since you obviously don't have a fvckin' clue....LSU prefers night games at home, because it is TRADITION. They have a phrase known as: Saturday Night in Death Valley. It's where all the drunk cajuns party all day fvckin' long and then fill a 93,000 capacity stadium to the max and yell their azzes off for the home team. One of the most hostile environments in all of college football and not one player on that S. Caro. roster has played there before. I'd rather donate $ to my local Goodwill than donate $ to my book with those weakazz ML plays.Tell you what...take LSU -3 and thank me later.
    lmao. ya I really had no clue about that . :eye_roll: Im just not naive enough to believe that a team playing well under certain conditions 10 years ago, has any correlation to a team playing now, these athletes train and prepare their whole lives playing under the big lights, just because you would piss your pants under those circumstances doesnt mean these young college players are afraid too also. doesnt mean they wouldnt perform well, you think they dont know this? you think spurrier hasnt prepared for this? your one naive little bitch. numbers buddy. focus on the x's and o's and not the trends...youll be a lot more successfull in your capping. south carolina is superior team, unlike the majority of the wins with the trend, where LSU had the superior team, get it?
    Last edited by Smutbucket; 10-10-12 at 05:24 AM.

CBASS
    BUCK FAMA
    CBASS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 815

Quote Originally Posted by Smutbucket View Post
    lmao. ya I really had no clue about that . :eye_roll: Im just not naive enough to believe that a team playing well under certain conditions 10 years ago, has any correlation to a team playing now, these athletes train and prepare their whole lives playing under the big lights, just because you would piss your pants under those circumstances doesnt mean these young college players are afraid too also. doesnt mean they wouldnt perform well, you think they dont know this? you think spurrier hasnt prepared for this? your one naive little bitch. numbers buddy. focus on the x's and o's and not the trends...youll be a lot more successfull in your capping

That's classic! - "focus on the x's and o's"....ROTFLMAO!!! I'm not the coach dumbass. I prefer the numbers, because they don't lie. LSU has lost one night game at home in the last 8 yrs. Give a sh!t what you think Spurrier is prepared for. He's not going to be on the field. You can't simulate 'playing under the big lights' at Tiger Stadium as an opponent...Lmao!!

Smutbucket

ya, when I said "numbers buddy. the x's and o's." was a term to refer to the events that actually take place on the field.....sorry you missed that part. although apparently you got a real good laugh out of it.....

CBASS
    BUCK FAMA

ya, when I said "numbers buddy. the x's and o's." was a term to refer to the events that actually take place on the field.....sorry you missed that part. although apparently you got a real good laugh out of it.....

Thanks for the clarification buddy. Yes, I got a great laugh out of it....still laughin' at that sh!t...lol. I just agree to disagree. Don't want to see anyone lose money if they don't have to. Try to see the light before you make that wager, Smut.

CBASS
    BUCK FAMA

South Carolina Leaders
    Passing: Shaw - 56-74, 733 yds, 7 tds
    Rushing: Lattimore - 116 car, 549 yds, 9 tds
    Receiving: Byrd - 10 rec, 288 yds, 2 tds

LSU Leaders
    Passing: Mettenberger - 89-144, 1174 yds, 6 tds
    Rushing: Hilliard - 58 car, 382 yds, 6 tds
    Receiving: Beckham - 20 rec, 364 yds, 2 tds

Just a quick numbers comparison....
    Still not seeing how much better S. Caro. is than LSU.
    Mettenberger has passed for more yards than Shaw and Hilliard is averaging more yds/carry than Lattimore. LSU's #1 wideout even has more receptions and more yds receiving than S. Carolina's.

Smutbucket

bottom line is. if grant enders can run for 90 yards on that LSU def (AT LSU!) then Im pretty confident spurrior will figure out a way to for shaw to get atleast 150 on the ground, not to mention lattimore, but you probably were to focused on the trend, to know anything about how towson was so successful against the LSU defense.....

if you want further explanation why Im confident, read what I wrote on the 1st page....

also mettenberg got sacked 4 times too in that game,
    Last edited by Smutbucket; 10-10-12 at 06:04 AM.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

take Texas ML and USC ML, both at + money
    I'd rather donate $ to my local Goodwill than donate $ to my book with those weakazz ML plays.
    I DO like Texas, although I took +3.5 -113

CBASS
    BUCK FAMA

bottom line is. if grant enders can run for 90 yards on that LSU def (AT LSU!) then Im pretty confident spurrior will figure out a way to for shaw to get atleast 150 on the ground, not to mention lattimore, but you probably were to focused on the trend, to know anything about how towson was so successful against the LSU defense.....

if you want further explanation why Im confident, read what I wrote on the 1st page....

I know this much....LSU always plays lethargic against crap teams at home. Last year, LSU was in a 7 pt game against WKU in late 3rd qtr. LSU was getting outgained, etc... What happened to that Tiger team? Oh that's right...they went on to win SEC Championship and play in BCS Title game. What I'm getting at is you're focusing on the wrong thing. LSU always plays 'lights out' at home off a loss. I guess situational handicapping doesn't figure into your reasoning, does it? Don't be fooled Smut..

CBASS
    BUCK FAMA

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    I DO like Texas, although I took +3.5 -113

Stoops owns Mack Brown, but taking the points is much better than ML... That's a stay away game for me. Gl with your wager LT.

dfish
    Sea Pines
    dfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 181

Leaning LSU boys

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10260

every thing points to lsu but the coach - les is a ok coach not a good one

Smutbucket

cbass, again, this is just my logic but your premise is flawed. just because teams in the past have played well at home after a loss, means this team will? could it just possibly have been that teams in the past recent years were better? you got a thread or something I can track your picks, would really like to see how your "emphasis on situational capping" works out....feel free to follow my thread and learn from the best ;-)

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1710

Like LSU as long as they stay favorites.

dotheopposite
    dotheopposite's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1339

I like hearing everyone on LSU. Makes me want to take the Gamecocks for more $$$. LSU will be lucky to score in this game. Conner Shaw is to hard to defend and is the difference maker in the outcome in this game. Won't be a high scoring game but Carolina will take this one.

Smutbucket

amen dotheopposite, worse case scenario were looking at a 1-3 pt loss for south carolina, from maybe a special teams TD or a trick play, but Id be very comfortable at +4, why you think my books charging -155 at +4? to say that LSU is gonna BLOW them out, based on the statistical numbers is absurd, again these people are over-emphasizing this "after a loss," "LSU home AT NIGHT!" situation,

as if the fans are somehow louder at night rather than the day after drinking all day, lol

some teams have gone into there house and have beat them a couple years back when their team wasnt as superior as it was in '10-'11.... coincidentally though it wasnt at night, maybe if they were at night though LSU woulda won those games....:eyeroll:
    Last edited by Smutbucket; 10-10-12 at 08:33 AM.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

The biggest flaw in LSU backer logic appears to be the assumption that this year's team is on par with last year's team. I don't know how you can look at LSU's body of work and say that. This Tigers team isn't even going to the SEC championship game, let alone the National Title game...

Bucky buck
    Bucky buck's Avatar Become A Pro!

ok, admittedly im a serious lsu homer here, so i am treading lightly on this one as to make sure i am using my head and not my heart in this one. question though, is there any reason in the world to not take lsu as it is being offered to me as a PK by a local???

dfish
    Sea Pines
    dfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 181

True..
    This is not last years LSU team,but Fla. might be the second best team in the conference,and I'm not sure Cocks can beat the Gators either.

JayHorne3
    1 Budlight Please
    JayHorne3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

[QUOTE=CBASS;16324636]South Carolina Leaders

LSU Leaders

This is the most flawed data you could have pulled. Shaw missed nearly two full games from the 2nd half of the Vanderbilt game with a shoulder injury. Let's take a look at each QB against SEC competition.

Mettenberger in 2 games is 26 of 52 for 327 yards with 0 tds and 1 pick.

Shaw in 4 games is 48 of 60 for 626 yards with 6 tds and 1 pick.

Paints quite a different picture doesn't it? This reminds me of the aame thread last week with everyone on Georgia. You guys are as bad as the media with the big name schools.

dotheopposite

The Cocks will take them both down. Everyone was picking Georgia to beat them and win the east. After the Gamecocks smacked them around and sent the home with tail between their legs now Florida is getting love. Lets see..what was the result of the games with Carolina playing again Florida the past 2 years..oh yeah, Carolina won and this Carolina team has Lattimore back..who last time Florida had to defend him in 2010, IN THE SWAMP..he had a mere 212 rushing yards and 2 td's. The only reason Carolina loses either of these games is because they beat themselves. But I have followed my boys for a long time, this ain't your Carolina of old. I see in my near future
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: MoneyLineDawg

zoo youk
    zoo youk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1197

funny how this swayed you, for the most part to me they are pretty absurd generalizations/assumptions, esp that last part, of course maybe he does have psyche powers/knows these players personally and can see their overconfidence, but I doubt this is really the case, especially with a coach like spurrier who stresses things like focus and preparation......

I tend to stick to the game, the x's and o's, the numbers, Miles is 2-0 vs Spurrier, although in those 2 years its pretty evident Miles had a much superior team, I really believe spurrier takes this one, main reason is connor shaw, just trying to get at around +4 because I would be REAL confident with that many pts.......noto to mention florida and towson ran for over 175 yards + on this LSU team, and even gave up 80 yards to auburn, AUBURN, auburn couldnt even run for 40 yards on the arkansas def which is terrible against the run, oh ya and guess how LSU gave up a majority of their rush yards in that game? to grant enders, Towsons mobile QB, shaws and spurriers offense are gonna have more success against this LSU D, than the LSU O will be able to have on this SC D, LSU might win a close game, by making big plays on defense or special teams......
    LOL seriously?? this is what has plagued SC since Spurrier has been there. they have always had the talent but focus and preparation. not so much.

geislr76
    geislr76's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

mike the tiger and LSU are going to scare the shat out of SC.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by zoo youk View Post
    LOL seriously?? this is what has plagued SC since Spurrier has been there. they have always had the talent but focus and preparation. not so much.

Spurrier has turned a mediocre overall program into an SEC powerhouse from when he arrived in 2005......They have had "real" SEC talent throughout the roster maybe from 2010-now

Climbing the SEC ladder is not an easy task

CBASS
    BUCK FAMA

cbass, again, this is just my logic but your premise is flawed. just because teams in the past have played well at home after a loss, means this team will? could it just possibly have been that teams in the past recent years were better? you got a thread or something I can track your picks, would really like to see how your "emphasis on situational capping" works out....feel free to follow my thread and learn from the best ;-)
    That's exactly what I'm saying.....they still have the same damn coach. It's kind of like Andy Reid's win % when coming off of a bye.

CBASS
    BUCK FAMA

amen dotheopposite, worse case scenario were looking at a 1-3 pt loss for south carolina, from maybe a special teams TD or a trick play, but Id be very comfortable at +4, why you think my books charging -155 at +4? to say that LSU is gonna BLOW them out, based on the statistical numbers is absurd, again these people are over-emphasizing this "after a loss," "LSU home AT NIGHT!" situation,

as if the fans are somehow louder at night rather than the day after drinking all day, lol

some teams have gone into there house and have beat them a couple years back when their team wasnt as superior as it was in '10-'11.... coincidentally though it wasnt at night, maybe if they were at night though LSU woulda won those games....:eyeroll:

Just stop it Smut. You keep proving my point....

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by itchypickle View Post
    A perplexed pickle on this one.

All signs point to the S Carolina beating this Tiger team EXCEPT that its a night game in Death Valley.

Why shouldn't I take the 2.5 points or just lay it on the ML this weekend?
    Too close to call,
    I say just sit back and get your ready..............

Smutbucket

haha, your in for a rude awakening my friend if you keep stressing these useless trends....anyways

just saw mcshay/ (forgot other dudes name) do a little breakdown on the game....some things I found intresting, they all agreed that an elite coach such as spurrier will have this team prepared/focused....something that has been "discredited" in this thread so far....also they were loving on spurriers amazing offensive play calling during georgia game, loved seeing the in depth breakdown and agreed with it, spurrier > miles.

also, they made sure to throw in every stat, about a "home NIGHT game!, oh my goodness!" for all the moronic gamblers who believe a team performs differently in the day or night, or even a crowd is "more amped" at night, you all believe in such a retarded idea based on what by the way, what you heard from the media? anyways Im tired of debating this, lets go get a decibel meter and stand down on the field during a day game/night game at LSU of equal attendance, and end this freaking debate once and for all, but I know Im right, its cuz I got a little more of this thing called common sense than you CBASS, ;-), all in good fun buddy, dont take it personally,

CBASS
    BUCK FAMA

South Carolina Leaders

LSU Leaders

This is the most flawed data you could have pulled. Shaw missed nearly two full games from the 2nd half of the Vanderbilt game with a shoulder injury. Let's take a look at each QB against SEC competition.

Paints quite a different picture doesn't it? This reminds me of the aame thread last week with everyone on Georgia. You guys are as bad as the media with the big name schools.[/QUOTE]

Sooo...seems like you're the one 'pulling the flawed data' as you say. LSU's game against Washington was a tougher matchup than S. Caro's game against Kentucky. However, you choose to leave that game out....very convenient to pull only the stats you want to back the Cocks.

CBASS
    BUCK FAMA

haha, your in for a rude awakening my friend if you keep stressing these useless trends....anyways

just saw mcshay/ (forgot other dudes name) do a little breakdown on the game....some things I found intresting, they all agreed that an elite coach such as spurrier will have this team prepared/focused....something that has been "discredited" in this thread so far....also they were loving on spurriers amazing offensive play calling during georgia game, loved seeing the in depth breakdown and agreed with it, spurrier > miles.

also, they made sure to throw in every stat, about a "home NIGHT game!, oh my goodness!" for all the moronic gamblers who believe a team performs differently in the day or night, or even a crowd is "more amped" at night, you all believe in such a retarded idea based on what by the way, what you heard from the media? anyways Im tired of debating this, lets go get a decibel meter and stand down on the field during a day game/night game at LSU of equal attendance, and end this freaking debate once and for all, but I know Im right, its cuz I got a little more of this thing called common sense than you CBASS, ;-), all in good fun buddy, dont take it personally,

I've enjoyed our little banter, Smut. It adds entertainment to these threads. Make a deal with you..if So. Caro. covers the +3 spread, then I will start a thread declaring how freakin' awesome you are at sports handicapping. I'll declare you Capper-Masterflex. If they don't cover, then I expect to see you come back on here and acknowledge that the points I was trying to make were indeed valid. Let's enjoy the game, because it's gonna be a great one to watch.

dotheopposite

Sooo...seems like you're the one 'pulling the flawed data' as you say. LSU's game against Washington was a tougher matchup than S. Caro's game against Kentucky. However, you choose to leave that game out....very convenient to pull only the stats you want to back the Cocks.
    if you watched the KY game, you would have seen SC coming in not taking the game seriously and getting their heads right at half time, coming back out and scoring 31 points in the second half with no KY score and also covered the 21 point spread...So lets include that game. I would rather be having this happen against KY than Towson scoring 22 points AT LSU AT NIGHT

CBASS
    BUCK FAMA

Quote Originally Posted by dotheopposite View Post
    if you watched the KY game, you would have seen SC coming in not taking the game seriously and getting their heads right at half time, coming back out and scoring 31 points in the second half with no KY score and also covered the 21 point spread...So lets include that game. I would rather be having this happen against KY than Towson scoring 22 points AT LSU AT NIGHT
    Right...let's give S. Caro a pass when they perform poorly for a half. If you keep focusing on just the Towson/LSU game, then you're gonna be in for a surprise come Sat. night. I've already explained the reason for the lackluster performance in that game. Only trying to help dotheopposite.

JayHorne3
    1 Budlight Please
    JayHorne3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

South Carolina Leaders

LSU Leaders

Paints quite a different picture doesn't it? This reminds me of the aame thread last week with everyone on Georgia. You guys are as bad as the media with the big name schools.

Sooo...seems like you're the one 'pulling the flawed data' as you say. LSU's game against Washington was a tougher matchup than S. Caro's game against Kentucky. However, you choose to leave that game out....very convenient to pull only the stats you want to back the Cocks.[/QUOTE]

Actually I pulled data of how each quarterback has compared against SEC defenses. Ironically this is a conference game where is LSU is averaging a scary 9 points per game.

CBASS
    BUCK FAMA

Actually I pulled data of how each quarterback has compared against SEC defenses. Ironically this is a conference game where is LSU is averaging a scary 9 points per game.[/QUOTE]

Kentucky defense is ranked 91st
    Washington defense is ranked 63rd

Auburn defense is ranked 49th....and if you watched that game, then you know LSU had their way offensively. The turnovers in the redzone (one of them unforced), kept the score down.

dotheopposite

I'm excited for my Gamecocks. This will be a big statement game for them and a good way to further showcase how good they are. If they lose, I will come back on the boards either way and accept my fate or the LSU backer excuses

First 1234 Last