zoo youk
    zoo youk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1197

no way public favorite cashes on prime time two nights in a row.

i know saints game has no bearing at all into this game.

but jmo. take it or fade it.

zoo youk

not my write up but good insight.

N.Y. JETS +8½ -105 over Houston
    Is this very best versus very worst? You’d be hard pressed to find Jets backers for this one and rightfully so with New York’s dismal offense and loss of its few viable players. It’s no secret that the Jets have many issues that are working against them here. However, this is the NFL where things are seldom as easy as they appear.
    Over the years, Monday Night Football is lined with road favorites that were supposed to win and cover easy but failed to do so. Oddsmakers are not fools. They know that all the money is going to come in on the Texans, yet they made Houston a smaller favorite than the G-Men and Niners yesterday when this one looks like a bigger mismatch than the aforementioned pair. They could have easily made the Texans a 10-point choice and not swayed a lot of bets.
    Chalk players will have an even greater sense of security here after a number of blowouts yesterday. Still, Texans laying big lumber, in Big Apple on a national stage, while hosting Packers next week is a situation we’ll cautiously fade. No units risked.

shooms79
    shooms79's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2198

Comparing the line to nyg and sf is overlooking a very important factor. Texans only of the three on the road. Thats why not dd. Line opened around 6/7 now money pushing to 8 some places

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

this game might be like the chicago vs jacksonville game.

no way i'm putting any money on the jets thinking it's a sharp bet.

there will be boos from the jets fan tonight.

sanchez gets benched and the teblow circus begins.

the end is near for the jets...

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

JJ Watt is going to kill it tonight. Texans roll.

hockey216
    hockey216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

jets is the play but its definitely a small one.

jets are messy situation. they lost receiver holmes. their running game sucks. their quarterbacks suck. Houston might be the best team in the nfl.

going to take the 9.5 point home dog tonight. but its a small play. i can't seem to fall in love with the jets tonight. I bet against the public on Tennessee, San Diego, Buffalo, Cleveland, and Jacksonville yesterday. Got hammered. Public had good day yesterday.

vaas187
    vaas187's Avatar Become A Pro!

Why does everyone keep regurgitating the same obvious bullshit. Bad team, no wr, Sanchez, tebow....like penetrate

Filmoz
    Filmoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 793

Really tempted to take the Jets and the points as the "sharp" play, but it would really just be one those fake sharp plays where it is only seemingly sharp because it is contrarian on its face, rather than being based on any particular good insight into the matchup. I think I might ultimately go small on a team total.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1800

That has no bearing on anything.

Saints opened -3, moved to -3.5, -4 for a bit, that was not public money moving the line.

It was actually sharps who pounded the -3 at first.

Filmoz
    Filmoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 793

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    That has no bearing on anything.

Saints opened -3, moved to -3.5, -4 for a bit, that was not public money moving the line.

It was actually sharps who pounded the -3 at first.
    Yeah, I mean I pretty much admitted that by saying that it is a "sharp" play in appearance only. Just a blind public fade.

ramones951
    ramones951's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 891

Do people actually consider this when capping games?

Unreal

ermzzy
    ermzzy's Avatar Become A Pro!

there no way you can take the points with the jets, this is going to be another blow out, jets have no advantages in this game, texans are like numebr 1 or 2 in BOTH DEFENSE AND OFFENSE.

AL1322
    AL1322's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

chiefs defense is horrible and matt cassell cant seem to throw the ball to his own team...9-6 ravens..just saying...team left for dead with its backs against the wall in a primetime game for the nfl in new york with the possibility of tebow playing alot...im on these points all day long..houston has green bay next as well...give me the points..all that i can get

Mr. Jones
    Mr. Jones's Avatar Become A Pro!

Gentlemen,
    The public does win. The public has to win on ocassion. It's just the way it is. But the public doesn't over a long period of time consistently win. Hell the public can even have a good season now and then. But it's kind of a lifetime venture this gambling on the NFL is. The books will will in the long haul. Always did and always will. But John Q. Public has his day every now and then. Very possible to hit two in a row. Just that I prefer not to bet on it.

Lakers Dynasty
    Lakers Dynasty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

Just can't pull the trigger on the Jets.

zoo youk

Quote Originally Posted by AL1322 View Post
    chiefs defense is horrible and matt cassell cant seem to throw the ball to his own team...9-6 ravens..just saying...team left for dead with its backs against the wall in a primetime game for the nfl in new york with the possibility of tebow playing alot...im on these points all day long..houston has green bay next as well...give me the points..all that i can get
    exactly. this is the NFL where the unexpected happens ALL THE TIME. especially in prime time, you can throw stats out the fkn window. there is way to much parity in this league and Houston is a very good team but they certainly aren't unbeatable.

taking Jets +14 in an open tease.

AL1322

gl zoo..got jets up to +10 and over 40..i think they surprise and score a few tds somehow

zola
    zola's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1210

Guys really? Stop over thinking shit and trying to be sharps. I took Houston -8 and Houston ML

AL1322

not trying to be sharp..but i go with my gut...i remember a game last yr i believe when everyone and their in laws were on baltimore at the sorry ass cant get a point jaguars team on prime time..and the jags almost won outright...it happens...gl with your games though
    Last edited by AL1322; 10-08-12 at 06:16 PM.

AL1322

guess the guy...me...who was overthinking it out thunk u lol..darn squares..if it wasnt for watt knocking down 2 tds..jets win outright

Smoooookeyyyyy
    I back and tail Seer a lot! xD
    Smoooookeyyyyy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 250

Quote Originally Posted by itchypickle View Post
    JJ Watt is going to kill it tonight. Texans roll.

Good call on JJ Watt.

AL1322

ya the second part..not so much..took jj watt for them to win lol

TheLock
    TheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7931

Quote Originally Posted by itchypickle View Post
    Texans roll.
    Roll. By 6 points. More like Texans LOL.