BallsDeepInYa
    BallsDeepInYa's Avatar Become A Pro!

NY Giants Lost last night because poor coaching

The first half

You got one time out and make a catch with 40 seconds to go. Instead of using the last timeout the waste 18 seconds and run a shit play. Then another shit play then another and kick a FG.

The should have called a TO had 40 seconds designed a good play and tried to get it in the endzone.

The second half

Why when you are already at a 44 yard field goal are you chucking deep like your down 6??? use your fukking head. If Barden doesnt commit PI there it might be a pick. Not his fault.

Then on second down you with 21 seconds left you chuck it 13 yards down the field???? thats not good enough for a first and if he caught it you would have to run and spike it.

Instead why not a screen or a dump where the RB can run out of bounds or go down if he has to so you can spike and kick.

I will never understand how a team so good plays so bad versus the eagles.

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

Almost all coaches like to save their last time out for the actual FG. That way they dont have to rush the FG unit out onto the field. In hindsight it cost them a big chunk of time but its safe to say very few coaches use a TO there & instead elect to save it.

The only play I didnt like was the chuck down to Barden that cost them a penalty & 5 yrd deeper fg attempt. I would have preferred short over the middle pick UP 5-6 yrds. The shorter the FG attempt the better <-----obv.
    Nothing wrong w/ the 13 yrd chuck. If it's complete they are 13 yrds closer w/ the fg attempt. First down or not is irrelevant @ that point. If they screen or dump theres no guarantee they get out of bounds & there's a chance for lost yardage. Plus they still had a one TO left @ that point I believe?? They tried the draw play a couple plays earlier that got stuffed.

That last drive wasn't perfectly executed but obv could have went better but I didnt really think the play calling was that bad except the chuck deep that cost them 10 sec & -5 yrds??

ZetaPsi808
    July 2011 Poster of the Month
    ZetaPsi808's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1982

how about instead of bashing the giants we just give credit to the eagles?

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

Quote Originally Posted by ZetaPsi808 View Post
    how about instead of bashing the giants we just give credit to the eagles?
    because the eagles own the giants and that sucks

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Coughlin had enough time to run one more quick play and try to get the kick under 50 yards.

Maybe it just felt right to line up for the kick after the back and forth with the penalties, near interceptions etc. It was a sloppy drive and he might not have had confidence in his wideouts getting down before the clock expired, or in Eli to avoid a sack.

ZetaPsi808
    July 2011 Poster of the Month
    ZetaPsi808's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1982

Quote Originally Posted by face View Post
    because the eagles own the giants and that sucks
    you can own us in the regular season all you want... but coughlin and eli manning will always have 2 rings compared to 0 for vick and reid