C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

Week 4 sucker bet is the 49ers

This is the public's 3rd favorite play. The logic is that the 49ers are going to bounce back after a tough loss on the road to the Vikings. The public still thinks the Jets suck and that the 49ers are the class of the NFC after beating the Pack in green bay. Bonus for the Jets losing Revis.

Basically this has the makings of an ugly game. Two talented rosters with 2 sub-par quarterbacks. 2 physical head coaches. Expect lots of penalties, fighting, and defense. I'll take the home dog getting 3.5 points. The 49ers are also a west coast team traveling east for a 1pm kick off.

What do I like about the Jets? I actually really like Tebow in the wildcat? Why? Because they consistently get 4 yards and put Sanchez in 2nd and 6 and add another element to their offense to make defenses prep for. Why do 4 yards matter? Although teams might average 4 YPC that is NOT the median, especially on 1st downs and in the 1st quarter. Teams often get 1 or 2 yards on 1st and 10 and the Jets get 4. They also have the ability to trick teams and have tebow throw a pass or 2 for a big play. Haven't done it yet. It helps them build drives instead of 3 plays and punt.

I think the Jets D is legit. They aren't as good statistically as you'd like against the RUN and the 49ers are a run oriented team but the Jets are a good defense and can get it done. They are at home and will be rested. Can't say the same about the 49ers in their second consecutive road game.

Jets +3.5

Congrats to those last week that cashed in on my Titans beating the Lions sucker bet and even winning outright.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Agreed

bruceBRUCEbruce
    bruceBRUCEbruce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1959

Quote Originally Posted by C-Gold View Post
    The 49ers are also a west coast team traveling east for a 1pm kick off.
    the 49ers stayed in Ohio this week after the trip to Minnesota.

ttrace35
    ttrace35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

Unrealz. For the millionth time. SAN FRANCISCO STAYED ON THE EAST COAST AFTER LAST WEEKS GAME.

D3 Mighty Ducks
    D3 Mighty Ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 782

Niners -4 is my favorite bet this week. Sucker bet or not, its going to cash.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ttrace35, and Pick'nParlays

Bigh2001
    Bigh2001's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1458

The Jets are awful but cant feel comfortable with sf on the road laying more than a fg. No play for me.

Russinat
    Russinat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5809

my favorite two plays this week are the 49ers and Falcons. Think both cover with ease

Pete0
    --------------------
    Pete0's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Books need Jets big... I suppose it is viable for SF to win outright but may not cover.

DrAwInGdEaD
    DrAwInGdEaD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 73

Week 4 sucker bet= falcons-7

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Jets are actually 5th worst in the league in run defense in terms of yards allowed per game (148) and are giving up 4.6ypc. The Steelers are a very pass-heavy team that doesn't really care about the run right now, but Buffalo and Miami gashed them for 195 and 185 yards respectively, at 7.5 and 4.3 ypc. They're a lot better against the passing game, but Revis being out is significant. You have to think they're going to see a steady diet of Frank Gore all day. The Jets pass-rush is also quite weak, so say what you will about Alex Smith as a QB, but if he has time to sit in the pocket, he's going to complete passes.

The west coast team travelling east is a pretty big factor, if it were true, but I see a lot more elements pointing towards success for the Niners than towards another letdown.

zoo youk
    zoo youk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1197

the line is really fishy but i have no idea how the Jets are going to be able to move the ball on that SF defense. SF will probably struggle moving the ball as well.

SF wins by field goal. hook wins.

C-Gold

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post
    The Jets are actually 5th worst in the league in run defense in terms of yards allowed per game (148) and are giving up 4.6ypc. The Steelers are a very pass-heavy team that doesn't really care about the run right now, but Buffalo and Miami gashed them for 195 and 185 yards respectively, at 7.5 and 4.3 ypc. They're a lot better against the passing game, but Revis being out is significant. You have to think they're going to see a steady diet of Frank Gore all day. The Jets pass-rush is also quite weak, so say what you will about Alex Smith as a QB, but if he has time to sit in the pocket, he's going to complete passes.

The west coast team travelling east is a pretty big factor, if it were true, but I see a lot more elements pointing towards success for the Niners than towards another letdown.
    I agree the Jets run D does NOT look good statistically on paper but I still think they are a good D. In reality it doesn't matter how it gets done you just need to get it done. The Jets were a good D in the past and they still are.

Chimneyfish
    Chimneyfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1283

The 49ers are also a west coast team traveling east for a 1pm kick off.

They're not traveling from the West Coast. They've stayed in Ohio since the Minnesota game. They did the same thing last year and always looked good in the East aside from the Baltimore game.

I still like the Jets +4.5 today.

C-Gold

Quote Originally Posted by zoo youk View Post
    the line is really fishy but i have no idea how the Jets are going to be able to move the ball on that SF defense. SF will probably struggle moving the ball as well.

SF wins by field goal. hook wins.
    4 yards on 1st down with Tebow.

SF shuts down opponents on 1st down and then gets them in crappy down and distances. Then they force turnovers and mistakes. The Jets have a remidy for that. The Wildcat. 2nd and 6 and pushing a defense back is better than 2nd and 10.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

harbaugh knows wt he doing his teams stay east and dont have to worry abou adjusting to time zone...it isnt just perception that sf is one of the best teams and jets stink, it reality....you really made argument teblow will help running that stupid shit on sf d? i agree it prob be close and low but i have sf ml parlayed few different ways cause i think that home dogs are starting to get a little to much love after everyone seeing them cash like crazy thus far, luckily i was playing when the getting was good but im gonna go ahead and jump ship this week as more continue to get on the bandwagon..

buckethead22
    buckethead22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Only way i'd take the jets here is if SF was truly coming in from the west coast, but as others have mentioned they stayed in ohio.

C-Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Chimneyfish View Post

They're not traveling from the West Coast. They've stayed in Ohio since the Minnesota game. They did the same thing last year and always looked good in the East aside from the Baltimore game.

I still like the Jets +4.5 today.
    So they have been on the road the entire week. Yes it is not a true WC team traveling east for a 1 PM game but it's still not easy for the 49ers.

D3 Mighty Ducks
    D3 Mighty Ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 782

The number of times I've read Tebow's fukking name in this thread is how many points the Niners are going to win by.

Niners -4 LEEEEEEGGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOO
    Points Awarded:

2daBank gave D3 Mighty Ducks 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

C-Gold

49ers vs Jets
    Alex Smith vs Pancho Sanchez
    Harbaugh vs Rex

Ugly ugly game. Fights, penalties, maybe a defensive score/special teams score. The offenses probably won't take a lot of "chances". Rex will come after Smith and play aggressive.

Non-aggressive offenses mean FGs in the red zone instead of TDs

tatddy
    tatddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

Ugh. Take the jets and play with fire while you're at it. Line movement is in your favor at least

I'm on niners ml-190 and jets tt under 19.

Rookie-Capper
    Rookie-Capper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3446

49ers -3 buy 1
    no hook

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree the Jets run D does NOT look good statistically on paper but I still think they are a good D. In reality it doesn't matter how it gets done you just need to get it done. The Jets were a good D in the past and they still are.
    I watched all of the Buffalo & Miami games, and trust me... the paper ain't lying. Gore is in the same league as Reggie Bush and CJ Spiller, and both of those guys were able to consistently get the better of the Jets DL, both up the gut, and taking it outside.

The Jets need to contain on the edge and for their pass rushers to step up today to have any chance of success, but I would expect Harbaugh to be particularly aggressive today in his play calling.

C-Gold

I watched all of the Buffalo & Miami games, and trust me... the paper ain't lying. Gore is in the same league as Reggie Bush and CJ Spiller, and both of those guys were able to consistently get the better of the Jets DL, both up the gut, and taking it outside.

The Jets need to contain on the edge and for their pass rushers to step up today to have any chance of success, but I would expect Harbaugh to be particularly aggressive today in his play calling.
    I watched those games too and think it was a function of CJ Spiller being sick not the Jets being weak.

Dux90
    Dux90's Avatar Become A Pro!

Did the niners stay in Ohio?

jjesco425
    jjesco425's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5503

so many try sound so sharp and fade public.....im not a book so i could give a shit less who public favors... for me jets cant stop gore and san fran has a quality core of receivers and with no revis jets are much diffrent team ill be square look for niners to win by dbl digits

C-Gold

Quote Originally Posted by jjesco425 View Post
    so many try sound so sharp and fade public.....im not a book so i could give a shit less who public favors... for me jets cant stop gore and san fran has a quality core of receivers and with no revis jets are much diffrent team ill be square look for niners to win by dbl digits
    What about fading the Lions last week and taking the Titans?

The 49ers don't throw the ball downfield. 3 passes that flew over 19 yards. They "manufacture" all of their big plays/shots. Smith can't just drop back and beat a defense. They have to manufacture and script plays. The Jets will eat him alive if he has to throw.

KingJD31
    KingJD31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7042

Unpredictable to say the least(for jets), is the oline going to protect Sanchez, are the recievers going to get open looks like hill is not playing. what's the GM plan defensively, most likely aggressive with blitz and coverage, should result in either turnovers or big plays for niners

tatddy
    tatddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

Jets may do some eating alive but I don't really care because it will be a miracle if they score 10 in this game.

jjesco425
    jjesco425's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5503

What about fading the Lions last week and taking the Titans?

The 49ers don't throw the ball downfield. 3 passes that flew over 19 yards. They "manufacture" all of their big plays/shots. Smith can't just drop back and beat a defense. They have to manufacture and script plays. The Jets will eat him alive if he has to throw.
    haha never thought would ever compare sanchez and smith.... but there both same type of players(manage game and dont lose it for us)... san fran has big recevers so you dont need to pass downfield... its a possesion and move chains offense that has been a proven formula in the nfl( patriots 3 superbowls and constant postseason presence master the dink pass) holmes cant alone bail out sanchez on the other side

C-Gold

Quote Originally Posted by jjesco425 View Post
    haha never thought would ever compare sanchez and smith.... but there both same type of players(manage game and dont lose it for us)... san fran has big recevers so you dont need to pass downfield... its a possesion and move chains offense that has been a proven formula in the nfl( patriots 3 superbowls and constant postseason presence master the dink pass) holmes cant alone bail out sanchez on the other side
    Don't compare the 49ers offense to the Pats offense LOL.

You have Randy Moss and Michael Crabtree and all you do is throw short passes? That's not the way it's supposed to work. The QB is holding that team back. Don't give me this crap about having all those offensive coordinators. He's had all of them for a reason - they don't score points and he's not very good. If he was a good quarterback his coaches would keep their jobs for more than 1 year.

HOT WINGS
    HOT WINGS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3651

Kind of like Jets too but teased it to be safe. Actually like over in this game which nobody else probably likes at all.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by HOT WINGS View Post
    Kind of like Jets too but teased it to be safe. Actually like over in this game which nobody else probably likes at all.
    nothing wrong with them teased at all imo,,,of coarse not many dogs i dont like teased, especially in a gm where d should rule.. i find it strange you wanna tease dog but like over as that seems as backwards to me, not that it wrong but i typically tease dogs where i think the under is likely,,ie lambs..

TankHankerous
    Frrrrrrunkis!
    TankHankerous's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 576

OP, have you forgotten the Jets suck?

Pick'nParlays
    My Wifi Name is PrettyFly4aWifi
    Pick'nParlays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 738

Don't compare the 49ers offense to the Pats offense LOL.

You have Randy Moss and Michael Crabtree and all you do is throw short passes? That's not the way it's supposed to work. The QB is holding that team back. Don't give me this crap about having all those offensive coordinators. He's had all of them for a reason - they don't score points and he's not very good. If he was a good quarterback his coaches would keep their jobs for more than 1 year.
    I disagree with everything your saying

Guessing you live or lived in a new York market at one time

Or your just ignorant

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party
    stealthyburrito's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11893

win or lose, a sucker bet.

case and point: ttrace is on it.

worst excuse of a "season long thread" I've ever seen.

12 Last