the_situation
    the_situation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6309

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy88 View Post
    My opponent had Vick this past week, and I had a good feeling that he would score under 14 fantasy points. People talk about how the Eagles have TONS of weapons, but outside of Shady, DJax, and Maclin, they really don't have much. Unlike the Giants and Cowboys, they don't have great depth. Maclin didn't play, so all the Cards defense had to do was shutdown McCoy and DeSean. DeSean has been a pretty mediocre WR the past year as well. Maclin is the key to the offense, he is Vick's safety blanket and his go-to receiver. DeSean isn't really a great route runner, he is a deep threat who can clear the field for underneath routes.

Something tells me that Vick explodes for a 30+ fantasy point game this week against the Giants. Primetime game with Maclin back against a divisional opponent. Vick is definitely a buy low guy. Thinking about offering Peyton straight up for Vick. However, I really want Peyton for this week, he is going to torch that Oakland secondary. Thinking about selling high on Peyton after this week.
    That's more than most teams have. And your forgetting Celek who is no slouch as a receiving TE himself.

Cross
    Cross's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9281

Vick is only good for fantasy, and that is only until he gets hurt again.

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Quote Originally Posted by the_situation View Post
    That's more than most teams have. And your forgetting Celek who is no slouch as a receiving TE himself.
    Shady is an elite back. DeSean is a pretty average WR. He hasn't done a whole lot since the 2010 season. Not a good route runner by any means, he is best used for the long ball and clearning the field for underneath passes. Maclin is Vick's #1 WR. Maclin is good, but no where near an elite #1 WR. Might not even be a top 20 WR. Celek is a good TE, but there are a lot of good TE's in football. I can name a handful of better TE's than Celek.

Since they are fairly weak at WR, when you lose a guy like Maclin, that forces DeSean Jackson (a very average WR) to become your main option on the outside. And then who takes over the #2 WR? Jason Avant? Damarius Johnson? I don't think so.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Vick sucks, I've been saying that since Day 1. I didn't even have him on my draft board. He doesn't run as often as he used to and that basically makes him useless.

First 12