zoo youk
    zoo youk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1197

all you need is TWO powerful OWNERS to say our teams aren't taking the field

until the refs are back and i guarenfkntee they will be back in heart beat!

Br0nxer
    July 2012 Poster of the Month
    Br0nxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

Never fukkin happen

You can already see some of the superstars in the league standing by Goodell and not trashing the replacements. Larry Fitzgerald making the rounds today on radio plugging some bullshit campbells soup thing and was careful to not be critical of replacements. A lot of the guys taking to twitter to attack the league are fringe guys that will be gone tomorrow anyway. Some superstars taking shots but very few

Until Tom Brady and Drew Brees step up and just totally trash the shit out of them nothings gonna happen

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Bronxer nailed the majority that are talking are towing the company line. Owners won't have their teams do that and kill a big Sunday paycheck

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

The drag with GB over this debacle is they don't have a Rooney, Kraft, Mara or Jones owning the team because the city does. If it happened to one of their teams - the shitestorm is likely going to be even worse from them.

Vegas39

Quote Originally Posted by McBa1n View Post
    The drag with GB over this debacle is they don't have a Rooney, Kraft, Mara or Jones owning the team because the city does. If it happened to one of their teams - the shitestorm is likely going to be even worse from them.

oh if it had only happened to Dallas

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

too much money involved. the owners don't give a fukk as long as they get theirs...
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: GUMMO77

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Drew Brees already called out Goodell.

Vegas39

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckG View Post
    He has been only top tier player to do so really.

Br0nxer

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckG View Post
    I know. But its going to to take more then him and its going to take these superstars holding a press conference to do it. Not giving some quote to a newspaper guy.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1800

They are moving on to next week like they should.

All the people crying are squares who lost money on the Packers.

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

And as soon as the regular officals come back people will bitch about them....never ending cycle... not saying replacements are good but packers should worry about their pass blocking and not the refs, qb get sacked 9 times, don't leave it in the refs hands

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post

listen kid, it's not always about the wagers. i had the under so i didn't lose money. but what's wrong is wrong and these refs are making the mockery of the game...

zoo youk

Quote Originally Posted by ebbearsfb1 View Post
    And as soon as the regular officals come back people will bitch about them....never ending cycle... not saying replacements are good but packers should worry about their pass blocking and not the refs, qb get sacked 9 times, don't leave it in the refs hands
    absolutely true. but its the lesser of two evils. by a wide wide margin.

zoo youk

Quote Originally Posted by McBa1n View Post
    you can bet your ass Kraft is brainstorming something after how NE feels they got jobbed sunday night.

zoo youk

hold on a second here as this thinking could be majorly flawed. who exactly is it that the refs are having a lockout with. who is that does not want to pay them the extra money? is it the owners or goodell and co?

Vegas39

both zoo as Goddell works for the owners

Br0nxer

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post

Who exactly is crying in this thread you st**id mother fu**er

The kid posed a question to solicit opinions and responses

How big is your mouth opening because between this post and another previous post you made today its become apparent to me that you yearn to be choked out by my co*k

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Refs never coming back

NFL booming no matter who refs

People do not give a fuk

zoo youk

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Refs never coming back

People do not give a fuk
    i dont know man. if this shit keeps happening week after week and gets progressively worse like it has been. you are going to lose a lot of fan base and bettors. I really don't thin this is something they can withstand and still get views no matter what. ppl like to rebel, if this keeps up they are going to take a pretty good hit.( the league that is)

Nick Papageorgio
    Nick Papageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

This would never freeze all the action on a sunday, and possibly count as a loss or tie. No owner would be dumb enough to do this let alone 2, they would looks 10s of millions.

Br0nxer

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Refs never coming back

People do not give a fuk

Strategic bump

zoo youk

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Papageorgio View Post
    This would never freeze all the action on a sunday, and possibly count as a loss or tie. No owner would be dumb enough to do this let alone 2, they would looks 10s of millions.
    even a bluff from 2-3 owners would be enough IMO. but if is the OWNERS that are in the group of ppl that don't wanna pay the refs than i dont even know what to say. that is just unthinkable greed that they can watch their teams get hosed week in and week out, when the answer is there to pay the refs but their egos are in the way to hold their ground and not pay them.

coop
    coop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

NFL with replacement refs is more physical and more exciting.

Way better than having the real refs who overly cater to league agenda and throw BS personal fouls on any legitimate hit

floridagolfer
    floridagolfer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12339

If you own a team and you decide your team isn't playing, I think the first phone call you're getting is going to say, "OK, wiseguy, the first thing you're writing a check for is an amount equal to all the TV ads that became worthless when you decided there wouldn't be a game. Then you're going to refund all the ticket money, pay for all the parking, beer and hot dogs that weren't bought, all the corporate boxes that weren't used . . . "

Better come up with another idea.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Br0nxer View Post
    Never fukkin happen

You can already see some of the superstars in the league standing by Goodell and not trashing the replacements. Larry Fitzgerald making the rounds today on radio plugging some bullshit campbells soup thing and was careful to not be critical of replacements. A lot of the guys taking to twitter to attack the league are fringe guys that will be gone tomorrow anyway. Some superstars taking shots but very few

Until Tom Brady and Drew Brees step up and just totally trash the shit out of them nothings gonna happen
    The guys who aren't critical of the referees don't want a lighter paycheck.

I liked how when RGIII was asked the most basic of questions on something an official did or didn't do, he said "I can't comment on that, man."

Br0nxer

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Lou View Post
    The guys who aren't critical of the referees don't want a lighter paycheck.

I liked how when RGIII was asked the most basic of questions on something an official did or didn't do, he said "I can't comment on that, man."
    Exactly

All the superstars are towing the company line for the most part except Brees. And even the Brees comment was just a quote to a newspaper guy

Its gonna take at least 5 of the biggest names in the league holding a press conference for Goodell to give a fukk from a player standpoint. And thats never gonna happen

YaMotha
    YaMotha's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4559

Goodell works for the owners...the owners are the one's who are being greedy and playing hardball with the officials..

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Tweets All / No replies

7hDrew Brees@drewbrees
    Ironic that our league punishes those based on conduct detrimental. Whose CONDUCT is DETRIMENTAL now?

Expand

15hDrew Brees@drewbrees
    I love this league and love the game of football, but tonight’s debacle hurts me greatly. This is NOT the league we’re supposed to represent

Last edited by sbr.rodrigo; 03-06-15 at 03:37 PM.

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Quote Originally Posted by zoo youk View Post
    i dont know man. if this shit keeps happening week after week and gets progressively worse like it has been. you are going to lose a lot of fan base and bettors. I really don't thin this is something they can withstand and still get views no matter what. ppl like to rebel, if this keeps up they are going to take a pretty good hit.( the league that is)
    Who are they going to lose? Do you know anyone personally that said "not going to watch another game until the normal refs are back"? I haven't. People will still tune in and watch the NFL no matter how many shittty calls are made.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

you do realize that the owners are the ones driving this bus correct? who you think is behind the ref deal?

Vegas39

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    you do realize that the owners are the ones driving this bus correct? who you think is behind the ref deal?

Ratpack
    Ratpack's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1789

and people are STILL gonna bet on it like after the donaghey(spell?) debacle everyone was like i am not gonna bet the nba anymore and the following day they were betting the nba people are degens they arent gonna quit just cause of one fishy play that might of happened with regular refs

muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's not Goodell's league. He represents what the owners want. No different than hockey fans going after Bettman. The owners tell Goodell what they want, he acts on their behalf.

The real irony of course is all the upset packer fans pi$$ed at the decision to use replacement refs.

I mean, many are technically owners right?

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Quote Originally Posted by muldoon View Post
    It's not Goodell's league. He represents what the owners want. No different than hockey fans going after Bettman. The owners tell Goodell what they want, he acts on their behalf.

The real irony of course is all the upset packer fans pi$$ed at the decision to use replacement refs.

I mean, many are technically owners right?
    Packer "fans" own nothing. The people who buy those plaques, that say "I own Packer stock," own a worthless piece of paper. Unless you are attending the annual shareholders meeting, the most fans own are memorobilla and their seats for home games.

Redchevy
    Redchevy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5697

I think the Owners are hell bent on breaking the Union, even if they have to use these replacements the whole season. It's not the raise they object to, that is peanuts. They want no further part of the defined pension program and they want newer, younger crews in training and available, which the veteran refs know will lead to an earlier retirement for them. This is not about the here and now yearly cost of what they pay these guys, it's about the 100K a year pensions they will be forever paying! I don't really see a quick fix unless one side totally caves.