Nfl upholds Monday night decision

Justin3587
    Justin3587's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 450

Horrible.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

The NFL Officiating Department reviewed the video today and supports the decision not to overturn the on-field ruling following the instant replay review.

really?

wtf was the nfl officiating department looking at?

could've just said, the call was terrible but it's too late to overturn it now

tatommack
    cowboys make the playoffs
    tatommack's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wow morons

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Not remotely shocking....

bankOmAn
    bankOmAn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 456

How does all of America see the play, make the correct call, but when their Officiating Department reviews it they're seeing something different? I want to know what's in their kool-aid!

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

you guys still acting like you expected something different, time to move on...

rdegk15
    GO PACK GO
    rdegk15's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

I understand they will never change the result of the game but step up and say it was a mistake.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

No reason to change anything now. League offices have been in denial for quite some time. Not like they're going to own up to mistakes at this point.

Nothing to see here. Business as usual.

milwaukee mike

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by rdegk15 View Post
    I understand they will never change the result of the game but step up and say it was a mistake.
    nfl doesnt make mistakes.... i thought you knew..

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party
    stealthyburrito's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11893

these were the same clowns from the washington/st. louis contest last week

anyone who saw that game would say it was one of the worst officiated games in history for both sides.

they outdid themselves last night.

milwaukee mike

nobody expected anything different, that is the sad thing

interesting case study in how to do everything in your power (as the nfl is doing) to piss off your fan base

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyburrito View Post
    these were the same clowns from the washington/st. louis contest last week

anyone who saw that game would say it was one of the worst officiated games in history for both sides.

they outdid themselves last night.
    it was a miracle stl won that gm with the way they were getting done, and they were at home, pretty sure these clowns just really that bad cause the wash/stl gm was a absolute joke....

mynameismud
    mynameismud's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8427

people are still watching on sundays...all NFL cares about is revenue continuing to roll in.

Monitor-Tan
    Tony Romo of Daily Fantasy
    Monitor-Tan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 428

What seems to be the problem. I thought it was the right call..

This is a question of interception. NOT a fumble..

Both had possession of the ball.. Even though GB had the "better possession" because he heldit against his chest. That doesn't matter as tate came down with both hands on it, and he had clear possession as well. It was deemed a catch. If that's the case, since both players went down, the offense gets the ruling. That's always been there.

It was the right call.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    nobody expected anything different, that is the sad thing

interesting case study in how to do everything in your power (as the nfl is doing) to piss off your fan base

ive been hosed more by the guys not working as i have these new cats so im not really all that pissed...honestly the thing that pisses me off more than anything else is the damn delays while they try and figure out the rules, that annoying, the rest i could get over as i remember the guys everyone begging for being damn near as bad in most aspects (bs pi calls, phantom roughing calls, ect ect ect) ....

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

txrangers
    txrangers's Avatar Become A Pro!

done with this sport.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Monitor-Tan View Post

Both had possession of the ball.. Even though GB had the "better possession" because he heldit against his chest. That doesn't matter as tate came down with both hands on it, and he had clear possession as well. It was deemed a catch. If that's the case, since both players went down, the offense gets the ruling. That's always been there.

It was the right call.
    You need to re-read the rules, dude.
    Points Awarded:

skidrow gave No coincidences 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

infamousbacardi gave No coincidences 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    ive been hosed more by the guys not working as i have these new cats so im not really all that pissed...honestly the thing that pisses me off more than anything else is the damn delays while they try and figure out the rules, that annoying, the rest i could get over as i remember the guys everyone begging for being damn near as bad in most aspects (bs pi calls, phantom roughing calls, ect ect ect) ....
    NFL early games are typically done by 4:15 p.m. or so, rain or shine.

On Sunday, I think every game but one was still going on at 4:45.

Br0nxer
    July 2012 Poster of the Month
    Br0nxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

Love the statement

Tate should of been called for offensive PI

But the refs got the simaltaneous catch call right

Well if the fukkin Offensive PI was called there wouldnt of been a simaltaneous catch

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Worst call ever? No. Was it a bad call? Yes.

GamblerSpirit
    TheCentaur, Spankie gone fishing :(
    GamblerSpirit's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lol nfl fans lost

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by Monitor-Tan View Post

It was the right call.
    MT - I have to disagree with you. You've always been my pal I didn't have any wagers on this game. I'm completely neutral. I wouldn't consider that simultaneous possession. Green Bay's DB clearly had the ball with majority of the possession. I say the word majority... because it's in his chest... and the WR of Seattle just (appears) like he has his hands on the ball. As though... Reaching/Hoping he's holding it. As they go down... the ball is still in the hands of the Green Bay defender... at the highest point... Green Bay DB has it... It's one of those plays where you know the other player HAS IT... but you're going to wrestle around with your hands attempting to make possession of the ball. Clearly a bad call.

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

The pr statement tells me nfl in no rush to get regular refs back on field. Think we are stuck with these clowns awhile longer

edawg
    edawg's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5030

The PI that was called on the pack & the PI that wasn't called on the last play were actually worse than the TD call!

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    NFL early games are typically done by 4:15 p.m. or so, rain or shine.

On Sunday, I think every game but one was still going on at 4:45.
    yea i didnt notice as much this week cause i bet the late gms early and most those were ot related, but last week watching bal/phi i missed start of a few, and holy shit last weeks monday night gm was excruciating, that was the longest half of fb ive ever seen,,,, just speed up understanding of rules and i could really care less bout the rest as i said reg refs been making horrible "judgement calls" for years and way worse recent yrs as that what nfl wants..

jizay
    Update your status
    jizay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

Quote Originally Posted by Br0nxer View Post
    Love the statement

Tate should of been called for offensive PI

But the refs got the simaltaneous catch call right

Well if the fukkin Offensive PI was called there wouldnt of been a simaltaneous catch

Total cop out by them. You notice, though, they didn't say the call was correct. They were pretty careful not to. They said the call was made, and they support not overturning the call with replay. That's pretty weak. Just admit it's wrong. Heck, guys on here blew up some pretty clear pictures showing Tate with no hands on it while Jennings had it on his chest. So there's evidence it was the wrong call on the field, even if the replay guy doesn't have that technology.

If they want to preserve integrity, just admit it was all fukked up, apologize, and talk about what will be done to improve things going forward.

Monitor-Tan

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    You need to re-read the rules, dude.
    I think it's you. NFL already made the ruling. That making better possession is meaningless in this case. Both were up in the air. The regular refs also saw the tape and agreed tha tthe ruling was correct. nfl.com

Monitor-Tan

Quote Originally Posted by edawg View Post
    The PI that was called on the pack & the PI that wasn't called on the last play were actually worse than the TD call!
    That's exactly what the problem is

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckG View Post
    Not remotely shocking....
    Negrodamus could have predicted this statement, verbatim.

That is a form statement, been used in the past, will be used in future.

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    Negrodamus could have predicted this statement, verbatim.

That is a form statement, been used in the past, will be used in future.

exactly

Monitor-Tan

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    MT - I have to disagree with you. You've always been my pal I didn't have any wagers on this game. I'm completely neutral. I wouldn't consider that simultaneous possession. Green Bay's DB clearly had the ball with majority of the possession. I say the word majority... because it's in his chest... and the WR of Seattle just (appears) like he has his hands on the ball. As though... Reaching/Hoping he's holding it. As they go down... the ball is still in the hands of the Green Bay defender... at the highest point... Green Bay DB has it... It's one of those plays where you know the other player HAS IT... but you're going to wrestle around with your hands attempting to make possession of the ball. Clearly a bad call.
    In this case the ruling doesn't matter on who has the better possession. They were both in the air, while both in the air, evne though GB defender actually caught the ball first and looked like Tate just kind of touched the ball when coming down, NFL rule book actually states that while players are in the air, no player is considered to have possession. So by the time they both hit the ground, even though GB had the ball on his chest, Tate also had the ball with both hands and came down. So even though the ball is by the packers defenders because they came down together with both with their hands on it, it's considered a simultaenous catch. Which goes to the receiver.

NFL just made an offiicial ruling, and the REGULAR refrees took a look and also agreed that it was the right call.

"The NFL Officiating Department reviewed the video today and supports the decision not to overturn the on-field ruling following the instant replay review."

The problem is more of that offensive PI not being called more then anything.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Can't say I'm surprised at the ruling. However I feel worse for Pack players and fans this could have serious implications down the road. And to people like Carroll, Tate, Wilson with their b.s. smug responses and tweets go fukk yourselves. You did not win the game and know it! Just show a little humility and consider yourselves lucky.

123 Last