Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

for all the people blaming the replacement refs...

why are they getting the blame?

you should blame the refs in the booth.

they could have reversed the call but they didn't.

so why are you guys blaming the replacement refs?

the refs in the booth probably got a call from goodell or vegas.

or maybe they realized if they reverse the call, they might not get out alive...

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

uh no.

they are not allowed to reverse the call, by rule.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

what? what are you talking about? the booth review can determine whether it was a td or not.

mtneer1212
    mtneer1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3369

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    what? what are you talking about? the booth review can determine whether it was a td or not.
    They only stop the game to indicate a review is needed. The referee on the field makes the final determination by going under the hood. You are thinking of the college system.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

besides that.. what if that first time in the redzone with around 2 minutes the Seahawks would have settled for a field goal???

seattle still would have covered.

Green Bay backers should be more concerned about how the Packers offensive line allowed 9 sacks.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

i think you are mistaken. everything inside two minutes and touch downs are reviewed by the booth. you can argue that the booth can't review simultaneous possessions but they can determine whether that was a catch or an int.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    besides that.. what if that first time in the redzone with around 2 minutes the Seahawks would have settled for a field goal???

seattle still would have covered.

Green Bay backers should be more concerned about how the Packers offensive line allowed 9 sacks.
    i'm not even talking about the spread. i'm just talking football here. it seems as though everyone is blaming the replacement refs but in reality, the booth was at fault...

edit: you are a retard...

bradyj90
    bradyj90's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

You are both wrong. The first call made on the field was touchdown. The booth makes the decision but the only determination the booth can make is whether or not it was a catch, they cant define who came down with the ball, or if it was simultaneous or not.

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

they can't reverse this call on the field, the refs above probably told them that. Or they were just confused as penetrate because they didn't know what was officially called on the field. it obviously wasn't a simultaneous catch. plus they HAVE TO review all scoring plays, it doesn't mean they can REVERSE ALL scoring plays

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

exactly.

the booth can't determine who had possession or overturn a possession called by the field ref. all they can do is check if the ball hit the ground, since it clearly didn't the call was upheld.

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

The refs on the field are 100% to blame. They handcuffed the replay officials.

The replay officials can not determine possession if TD is the call on the field, which it was.

Replay officials applied the rule that applies to their situation correctly.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post
    exactly.

the booth can't determine who had possession or overturn a possession called by the field ref. all they can do is check if the ball hit the ground, since it clearly didn't the call was upheld.
    are you saying the booth review only determines whether the ball touched the ground or not? where do you get this from? booth review can determine whether the ball was a catch or not. and when you review the play, it's clearly not a catch by tate but an int by jennings...

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    The refs on the field are 100% to blame. They handcuffed the replay officials.

The replay officials can not determine possession if TD is the call on the field, which it was.

Replay officials applied the rule that applies to their situation correctly.
    as i said before, why can't the booth refs determine whether that play was a catch or not? of course they can.

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

tate never had a catch, intill he hit the ground when jennings had control of the ball.

but like i said, all scoring plays are reviewed nor matter what. it doesn't mean they can change every out come even though it is clearly wrong, unless it is in the rules that they can overturn a call which they can't for a simultaneously catch, which was the original ruling.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

things will be more clear tomorrow but i think the booth review can determine whether the play was a catch or not. whether the officials called it a simultaneous catch or not. if that were the case then what's the point of booth reviews? so let's stop assuming...

bradyj90
    bradyj90's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Its kind of a shitty rule but it is what it is and its the only explanation..... You are right that they can determine whether it was a catch or not, like previously stated 45 times, but the first call on the field was a touchdown and the only other outcome they could have called was an incomplete pass... Clearly not an incomplete pass. It was clearly an interception and the booth should be able to overturn this but it appears to me with the current pro ball rules that this is not possible, so the official is to blame. Its complicated but from what I've read and previously heard about the simultaneous catch (which it appeared to be at first glance) there is no way for the booth to make a determination. Complete bullshit loophole, but I believe with some uncertainty that this is where the league stands

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

They can determine if it was a catch, but can't determine possession (which team has control of the ball). It is the wording of the rule and its allowable application.

What you are asking them to do is not allowed.

It is the reason why the ruling on the field is paramount to any decision. Not just in this case.

The review officials must give deference to the on field officials.