frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito
    frogsrangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5421

Why is the TCU spread getting pounded today?

Even with the announcement that TCU's leading rusher is out for the season the line has gone from -17 to -19 in a span of a couple of hours

What is going on?

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7589

i personally feel like the frogs have too much firepower on offense and too much defense for virginia to come into ft. worth and make much of a game out of it. was wondering why there is no discussion about this game. no real look-ahead here as the frogs take on lame ass smu next week. and honestly, tcu doesn't know what a look-ahead game really feels like as they have been primed throughout the years to get up for all the shitty teams they have to face.

virginia last year appeared better than they actually were i believe, and getting smoked at georgia tech kinda proves that. i think they took people by surprise last year but that's over with. i mean, close games with indiana and idaho...come on...

what do you think, frogs? i know you might feel kinda burned by the -21 last week failing to cover, but i think tcu is in a good position to get the cover here. line movement suggests that it doesn't matter that dude is out.

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito

I teased down to -12.5 just to be safe

I think we win 45-13

texhooper

hahaha that's what i like to see!!! and i think you're right.

btw, you were right about memphis.

during that game against mtsu though, there was a terrible call on the memphis defense when mtsu was deep in memphis territory off a fumble. i think it was third down, and mtsu should have had a delay of game penalty called on them, but one of the memphis defenders who was changing a play, he shouted something and made a hand motion similar to a time-out signal. refs granted memphis a time out rather than throwing the flag for the delay of game. fuente went off on the line judge, just ripped his asshole wide open, haven't seen many coaches go off like that, and got an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty called on him. that's the first time i have ever seen that called on a coach on the college or pro level. the crowd went nuts and you could barely hear the ref on the mic calling out the penalty. mtsu of course scored immediately, but the tigers came back and scored before the half. fuente then rallied the team at midfield before they went to the locker room for halftime and was giving some kind of motivational speech, and it was awesome to see that. they went on to get their asses kicked but fuente showed way, way more backbone than we're used to seeing in memphis and i honestly think once he has 2-3 years to get his guys in that we'll be ok again. i hope so at least.

him going off and defending his team like that and then the crowd totally getting into it, followed by the rally at midfield, that was the highlight of my weekend.

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito

Quote Originally Posted by texhooper View Post
    hahaha that's what i like to see!!! and i think you're right.

btw, you were right about memphis.

during that game against mtsu though, there was a terrible call on the memphis defense when mtsu was deep in memphis territory off a fumble. i think it was third down, and mtsu should have had a delay of game penalty called on them, but one of the memphis defenders who was changing a play, he shouted something and made a hand motion similar to a time-out signal. refs granted memphis a time out rather than throwing the flag for the delay of game. fuente went off on the line judge, just ripped his asshole wide open, haven't seen many coaches go off like that, and got an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty called on him. that's the first time i have ever seen that called on a coach on the college or pro level. the crowd went nuts and you could barely hear the ref on the mic calling out the penalty. mtsu of course scored immediately, but the tigers came back and scored before the half. fuente then rallied the team at midfield before they went to the locker room for halftime and was giving some kind of motivational speech, and it was awesome to see that. they went on to get their asses kicked but fuente showed way, way more backbone than we're used to seeing in memphis and i honestly think once he has 2-3 years to get his guys in that we'll be ok again. i hope so at least.
    They played much better than I thought against Arkansas State, I had Arkansas State -23 as a lock, but Memphis almost won

I still think Memphis is going 0-12 but will be more competitive

texhooper

haha you're probably right.

the memphis defense sucks, or mtsu is just that much faster than ark state this year, one. mtsu looked like a track team last week, i was shocked. they lost to an fcs school week one i believe.

from watching memphis a couple of weeks, their real troubles are bs fumbles and ridiculous mistakes here and there. the caliber of athlete is too low. but when they put a drive together they actually look like a real football team with a real qb and real receivers and real backs that can get yards. the ark state game showed that better than the mtsu game. this is all new territory for memphis, this whole "looking like a real team" thing. it's something we haven't had in like 5 years.

anyway, tcu should kill virginia. sorry to wrap you up in memphis convo.

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

Tcu 1st half is a must play

Al Masters
    Al Masters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11516

Quote Originally Posted by frogsrangers View Post
    Even with the announcement that TCU's leading rusher is out for the season the line has gone from -17 to -19 in a span of a couple of hours

What is going on?

This will be their 1st home game on ESPN in 7 years if that means anything.
    They are 42-2 in day games and 70-5 on Saturdays over the last 8 years.39-3 at home.
    They have won 27 out of their last 28 home games
    In their last 17 home games they have out scored their opponents 793-194 ave score 47-11.

Virginia shoulda lost to Penn State miracle win,they ran into a team without a kicker for the day.
    They got Pumelled last week and will probably get rocked here.
    Virginia has not covered in their last 5 games.

Early game for TCU rarely do they play at this hour,will it bother them..maybe,, maybe not.

TCU can win this one by 40 IMO.
    Last edited by Al Masters; 09-22-12 at 01:29 AM.

texhooper

right, i didn't touch on virginia's struggles this year, which also lead me to believe they lose big.

M.W.
    M.W.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6270

Quote Originally Posted by texhooper View Post
    i personally feel like the frogs have too much firepower on offense and too much defense for virginia to come into ft. worth and make much of a game out of it. was wondering why there is no discussion about this game.
    There's no discussion because TCU looked like they were on the take last Saturday. People who bet on TCU last weekend don't want to get burned again, and people who didn't aren't going to like this line since UVA is 10-12 points better than Kansas but is being treated by the oddsmakers like they're only 9 points better.