JerseyLove
    JerseyLove's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

Mike lay of the pot dude grow up gr

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 392

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    This thread is surreal. Thank god I don't have children.

Is gambling really that evil?

True story: My family lived in Vegas when I was 2. I didn't know till much later that we moved because my dad was a compulsive gambler, the stoopid kind, that would gamble away his paycheck at slots.
    He never gambled in front of me, and besides the occasional dime or so lost on family vacations, never knew he had a problem.

But I did know he was an alcoholic and compulsive spender, and general all-around idiot. It was the center of many a fight in my childhood home.

So fast forward 30 years, I picked up on his gambling habit (but not from him). But I'm not an alcoholic or compulsive spender. And I'm decent at gambling, never lose more than a few pennies here and there, and I never play slots.

Point of story: you can point your kids in the direction you want to go... but at the end of the day, their personalities, genetics, and life situations will factor in too.
    Actually, I don't have a point. so I'll shut up now.

No, this is a good point. And I agree you can't protect your kids from everything but you should not introduce them EARLY to a life style that you would not be happy with. A 6 year old has to be protected and sheltered from ugly things and vices. They are so impressionable and it is your duty as a parent to keep them innocent until they are ready for this stuff.

Listen most of us know gambling is not a winning proposition in the long run. If you deny that well then you haven't been gambling long enough yet or you are one of the .05%. Why introduce this to your flesh and blood at such a young age. You can be contributing to a life of misery for your child, you think that is a good idea. It is a stupid idea and if you do it you are a stupid parent.
    Last edited by dante1; 09-20-12 at 06:28 PM.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

if you teach her to become a pro, then maybe, yeah.

many pros have undesirable personalities

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

Quote Originally Posted by dante1 View Post
    No, this is a good point. And I agree you can't protect your kids from everything but you should not introduce them EARLY to a life style that you would not be happy with. A 6 year old has to be protected and sheltered from ugly things and vices. They are so impressionable and it is your duty as a parent to keep them innocent until they are ready for this stuff.

Listen most of us know gambling is not a winning proposition in the long run. If you deny that well then you haven't been gambling long enough yet or you are one of the .05%. Why introduce this to your flesh and blood at such a young age. You can be contributing to a life of misery for your child, you think that is a good idea. It is a stupid idea and if you do it you are a stupid parent.
    tough to call someone a "stupid parent" without being in their shoes. i have a beer in front of my kids, is that being stupid by introducing them to alcohol?
    if my kids watch me rooting for the panthers tonight, or a lot of points, etc does that make me a bad parent? they don't grasp it and don't care, and i stand by my assertion that it is a natural part of life (buying insurance or making a career choice is a gamble)

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

she will be a hooker at the age of 16
    nice parenting

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
    she will be a hooker at the age of 16
    nice parenting
    Maybe so, but at least she'll be mathematically inclined to get the proper cut from her pimp.

milwaukee mike

so now you guys are anti-hooker?
    i'm so confused

JerseyLove

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    so now you guys are anti-hooker?
    i'm so confused
    Mike lay of the pot its time to grow up brother

milwaukee mike

It's never time to grow up

Life is so much more fun for you and your loved ones if you act childish at times

As long as you're responsible enough to put food on the table, roof over their head, etc

no gnu taxes
    no gnu taxes's Avatar Become A Pro!

able to speak a bunch of foreign languages
    Well, she's already well versed in more foreign languagus than i'll be able to speak. But if you want to to teach her how to be a carpet muncher, please give me a reference

JerseyLove

Life is so much more fun for you and your loved ones if you act childish at timesO
    As long as you're responsible enough to put food on the table, roof over their head, etc
    no way to go threw life S a 40 year old pothead

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

Life is so much more fun for you and your loved ones if you act childish at times

Mike, now these statements I am with you 100%. Life is boring if you're an old stiff. Have fun, do what you want, don't hurt anybody, take care of your responsibilities and your family.

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by dante1 View Post
    Mike, now these statements I am with you 100%. Life is boring if you're an old stiff. Have fun, do what you want, don't hurt anybody, take care of your responsibilities and your family.
    this might be the sharpest post i've read in 5 years

if you figure out a good road map for people to do all those things, write a book and i'll buy the first 20 copies

Dux90
    Dux90's Avatar Become A Pro!

if you figure out a good road map for people to do all those things, write a book and i'll buy the first 20 copies
    agree live life to the fullest it is 2012. You have all seen the movie. duh

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

I believe in doing all those things. I taught most of my life and one day I said to myself, you know what I am not going to do anything anymore that I don't want to do. Friends often ask you to go somewhere and you don't really want to but you go anyway. No more I said, if I want to go I will if not I will not. I will not be forced or intimidated into doing things I don't want to and that is the way I lived my life for the past 20 years or so. True story, do what you want and don't hurt anybody.

Tully Mars 63
    Tully Mars 63's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 44

I don't know about the rest of this thread, too wore out to go read it. But this "live life to the fullest" is damn straight. I lost a good friend last night to cancer. Every year I've lived in Mexico he and his wife would come spend a week with me at one of the resorts near Playa del Carmen. This year his wife called, I presumed to set up the date, but it turned out he'd been dealt the big "C" card. Started in his lungs and somehow moved into lesions on his brain. Anyway he passed in Florida last night at home with his wife.

Live it up fellas'. It ain't gonna last forever. Enjoy your friends, love your family and get laid often.

Sawyer
    Sawyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6650

Teach your kid betting money management.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Quote Originally Posted by Tully Mars 63 View Post
    I don't know about the rest of this thread, too wore out to go read it. But this "live life to the fullest" is damn straight. I lost a good friend last night to cancer. Every year I've lived in Mexico he and his wife would come spend a week with me at one of the resorts near Playa del Carmen. This year his wife called, I presumed to set up the date, but it turned out he'd been dealt the big "C" card. Started in his lungs and somehow moved into lesions on his brain. Anyway he passed in Florida last night at home with his wife.

Live it up fellas'. It ain't gonna last forever. Enjoy your friends, love your family and get laid often.
    Sorry to hear this Tully.

Duff85
    Getting ready for Japball
    Duff85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4007

This is fukked bro. Got the diagnosis myself in the lungs about 3 months ago. Treatment going well so far, but def eye opening on living life.

showtiime
    Update your status
    showtiime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5853

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyLove View Post
    no way to go threw life
    being so stupid that you can't differentiate between through & threw

i completely agree with you!

shari91

Quote Originally Posted by Duff85 View Post
    This is fukked bro. Got the diagnosis myself in the lungs about 3 months ago. Treatment going well so far, but def eye opening on living life.
    WHAT??? I didn't know this.

If you ever need anything let me know. For real. xo

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

I was in Playa last summer. Nice. Do you operate/own part of one of the resorts there?

Tully Mars 63

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    Sorry to hear this Tully.
    Thanks, was a long night. Been a long few weeks. Couple weeks ago another friend in the upper mid-west was killed in a car accident. He left a wife and two young sons.

Sure makes you think about your own life and how you're living it. Myself I'm fast tracking some of my bucket list. Have a two week trip, mainly diving, to places I've always wanted to check out. Think now's as good a time as any.

milwaukee mike

hang in there duff

good words of wisdom tully

sooner or later all of us and every one of our friends and loved ones is going to die

a lot of people don't stop and think of the ramifications of that

Tully Mars 63

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    I was in Playa last summer. Nice. Do you operate/own part of one of the resorts there?
    No, don't own jack here. And seriously a resort? Dude I took an early out retirement. Early out=less money per month and jack shit benefits. I sold a small construction business I ran on the side or I'd be eating rice and beans everyday. Owning property near the beach or God forbid the border is restricted to foreigners. You can do it but the bank really owns it and you pay them a fee (about 500 bucks give or take) every year to let you live there. Just doesn't sound like a good safe investment to me. I know many who do it. Myself I own property up north and my main house is rented to the US Coast Guard. They deposit the rent like clock work every 1st of the month and it's about 7-8 times what I pay to rent a decent house with a pool here. Plus they inspect the house ever four months to make sure the family is keeping it clean and maintained. It's been a great deal for me and I just signed another 5 year lease with them.

I still have friends here who are constantly asking "when you going to buy? You've been here five years! You're wasting your money on rent." Maybe. To me a few hundred a month for a decent place doesn't seem like much and even though I really like it here Mexico just is not a stable country. What happens if they elect some Hugo Chavez type dikk wad as an "El Presidente?" The guy could decide all the shit you gringos own you no longer own, the people of Mexico own it. You're welcome to stay and spend your money but now the government and people of Mexico own the land you paid for, would you like to rent it?

I'll keep renting out my house up north and paying rent down here, thank-you very much. I also maintain a bug out plan for me, my dogs and my truck. Shit hits the fan here like what's happening up north and I'm outta here within 24-48hrs.

Tully Mars 63

Not sure I've exchanged posts with you before but I seriously hope you kick cancer's a$$. Sounds like Tx is working for you as my friend never managed to get anything to help.

Seriously best wishes for you and yours.

And FUKK cancer.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3353

[QUOTE=Tully Mars 63;16097918]Not sure I've exchanged posts with you before but I seriously hope you kick cancer's a$$. Sounds like Tx is working for you as my friend never managed to get anything to help.

And FUKK cancer.[/QUOTE]

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

I'll probably teach my kid hold em and stud poker which includes bankroll management. I'm sure I'll be playing it in front of them. No need for them being the mark at the table when they play. One things sure as shit, if I ever catch them playing Pai Gow Poker they're grounded.

shari91

Thanks, was a long night. Been a long few weeks. Couple weeks ago another friend in the upper mid-west was killed in a car accident. He left a wife and two young sons.

Sure makes you think about your own life and how you're living it. Myself I'm fast tracking some of my bucket list. Have a two week trip, mainly diving, to places I've always wanted to check out. Think now's as good a time as any.
    It's pretty scary. In the past year I've had a couple of friends pass away due to various illnesses and none of them were even 40 yet. It's definitely been a huge wake up call that life is absolutely too short. Great to hear you're taking that trip too. It'll be a lovely way to remember your friends while crossing some things off of your list. Have to try to take a bit of good from the really awful. Only way to stay sane I think.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Man all you people are fukked up

All you do is over analyze everything

Go do a line of coke

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Just had a bump of yayo.

Under analyzing shit now.

Br0nxer
    July 2012 Poster of the Month
    Br0nxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Man all you people are fukked up

All you do is over analyze everything

Go do a line of coke

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I was at track at 10 years old

I am not fukker up at all

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    I was at track at 10 years old

I am not fukker up at all
    yeah it seems entirely sane and reasonable to have a career that involves nothing more than typing inane nonsense to build traffic at a sports gambling forum

Duff85
    Getting ready for Japball
    Duff85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4007

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post

WHAT??? I didn't know this.

If you ever need anything let me know. For real. xo

hang in there duff

sooner or later all of us and every one of our friends and loved ones is going to die

a lot of people don't stop and think of the ramifications of that

Not sure I've exchanged posts with you before but I seriously hope you kick cancer's a$$. Sounds like Tx is working for you as my friend never managed to get anything to help.

And FUKK cancer.
    Thanks for the good wishes guys. Spot on too Mike - some of the people i'm doing treatment with have lived their lives as vegens and eaten organic and wholefoods and shit... still got cancer. As you said eventually everyone dies, so try and not put shit off.

First 12