Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Biggest Bet Since NBA Finals: Lions -4 -110 @ TENN: Risking 1100

Not a huge bet, but it's football and I don't normally make 1k+ bets on anything but basketball unless I'm confident. The Lions are going to destroy the Titans. 4 is a bad number but my guy said he would only let me book it this early if I took 4 (it's at 3.5 now) and I agreed. I figure by Sunday all the guys back home will be taking the Lions anyway and it'll be 5 before kickoff.

Stafford is going to erupt in this game I have a feeling. Lions were in a similar situation last year going into Denver and they stomped all over them. Lions actually hung tough with SF in their home stadium playing mediocre football.

I think the best way to beat the Lions is with a great passing attack and/or a great offensive line. You are not going to stop the Lions from scoring points no matter what. Best D in the league gave them 17 points and what could have been a lot more had they converted a few third downs on wide open targets.

The Lions will score a MINIMUM of 24 points on the Titans. But I'm thinking more like 34 points here. Titans defense is simply a joke, especially their secondary. WIth finnegan out of the pic, Calvin Johnson is going to eat these guys alive. I expect a 150 yard performance and 2 tds. Pettigrew should play well and expect Burleson to make an imprint on this game as well.

Kevin Smith is underrated. He's agile, quick and can catch the ball great.

Chris Johnson can't do shit with TEN horrible offensive line. Getting eaten up once again this year and the Lions have the best or 2nd best D line in all of football. No chance CJ is breaking one up the middle. No chance. He's gonna have to bounce outside and find something there, which he is certainly capable of doing.

If Locker plays it's gonna be a miserable game for him, the same way the Lions destroyed Tebow in Tebowland last year. It was a bloodbath. Washington, Cook, Britt. Decent receiving core with no star. Even the Lions poor secondary should be able to handle these guys easily.

I think this has all the makings of a blowout.

Titans are a bad team and will win 4-5 games this year MAX.

1100 to win a G.

Lost about 3 bills on Dallas last week and 2 bills on the Pats in the second half and 2 bills on a parlay with the pats ML in it so I had a bad week but a great week 1 and here's to bouncing back this week.

GL guys

dj_destroyer
    I'm +EV
    dj_destroyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 383

GL but I think you're in deep.

broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

laying points on the road is tough... good luck

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by dj_destroyer View Post
    GL but I think you're in deep.
    Quote Originally Posted by broadway6 View Post
    laying points on the road is tough... good luck
    you guys don't like the play?

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1824

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Most popular pick on SBR.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7684

Don't like it but wish y luck.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Curry anyone?

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3329

If I was to make this type of play prefer to get the points at home. Last thing you need is Det up by 10 with Tenn driving for a late TD. Tenn does look bad, but they have played 1 good team and 1 decent team. Think they are better than they have looked. Have not seen the injury report or given the game much thought. Probably will pass. GL.

Holtgetsback
    Holtgetsback's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1402

bad boy

cj2k is gonna run all over lions

if you wanted to lay points on the road there are much better bets

dj_destroyer
    I'm +EV
    dj_destroyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 383

Quote Originally Posted by Easy-Rider 66 View Post
    If I was to make this type of play prefer to get the points at home. Last thing you need is Det up by 10 with Tenn driving for a late TD. Tenn does look bad, but they have played 1 good team and 1 decent team. Think they are better than they have looked. Have not seen the injury report or given the game much thought. Probably will pass. GL.
    Sums my thoughts up pretty nicely. I haven't looked into this game much because it's a definite pass for me but I could definitely see the "Det up by 10 late in the 4th and Tenn gets a 'meaningless' TD with little to no time on the clock" scenario.

sneakerhead
    I NEED MONEY
    sneakerhead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1417

Much better bets than this bro but BOL

Holtgetsback
    Holtgetsback's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1402

homer bet

titans get one of best weapons in NFL back too

Kenny Britt

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Tennessee a really tough place to play and Titans trying to avoid an 0-3 start. Not a great spot here for Detroit but they are capable of a big win here.

Goat Milk

wow no one likes the play

holt it's not a homer bet. i'm not a die hard football fan.

this is not nba

sneakerhead
    I NEED MONEY
    sneakerhead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1417

wow no one likes the play

holt it's not a homer bet. i'm not a die hard football fan.

this is not nba
    Usually, thats a good sign on SBR Goat lol
    Points Awarded:

Goat Milk gave sneakerhead 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

I don't know what you'd expect to like. The line is comparatively bad for one. Laying 3.5/4 points on the road vs a desperate Titans with the season basically on the line and their perception in the gutter. This is NFL 101 for a home win or a FG game to the wire.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6892

Lions handed first half 2 field goals by a turnover and a bs pass interference call

Lions scored last second garbage TD

besides that? what did they do? next to nothing. Stafford was off all night

i would like Calvin to have a big game, i need that for my fantasy team

not saying i would lay anything on Titans -4 or ML... don't like the game is all

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26848

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Quote Originally Posted by sneakerhead View Post
    Usually, thats a good sign on SBR Goat lol
    I was just about to write this.

Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

Ly vs Denver is only similar if Locker plays like last week, like Tebow. Week 1 is ignored where he went 23/32 229 1 TD 1 INT 89 rating vs a Pats D that is #2 right now.

Titans were -1 before week 2 at LVH. -4 and everyone hammering Lions still. The line will drop not rise. Desperate team at home will cover in a big perception game.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by Sunde91 View Post
    Ly vs Denver is only similar if Locker plays like last week, like Tebow. Week 1 is ignored where he went 23/32 229 1 TD 1 INT 89 rating vs a Pats D that is #2 right now.

Titans were -1 before week 2 at LVH. -4 and everyone hammering Lions still. The line will drop not rise. Desperate team at home will cover in a big perception game.
    Titans will win 4 games tops this year. They won't score more than 20 on the lions. Lions will score 24 minimum on this team. Reality is more like 31-38.

lakerboy

Titans were 6 wins on prop goat. I believe the juice was about even. The bottomline is you did not avoid getting an off number. That's the biggest problem with this play bro.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Titans were 6 wins on prop goat. I believe the juice was about even. The bottomline is you did not avoid getting an off number. That's the biggest problem with this play bro.
    I coulda bet 2.5 online for awhile at -120 yesterday but I honestly think it'll be a massacre. We'll see.

lakerboy

So you were getting a point and a hf for 10 cents and left it alone? Wow that's crazy for nfl pal.

Gl again.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3329

I coulda bet 2.5 online for awhile at -120 yesterday but I honestly think it'll be a massacre. We'll see.
    If you really like DET would have jumped on that #. Laying 2.5 rather than 4 especially on the road is much preferred.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

screenshot?

or is this another nike air special?

Hilljacademics
    Hilljacademics's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 18787

No opinion on the game. GL

GamblerSpirit
    TheCentaur, Spankie gone fishing :(
    GamblerSpirit's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like the bet and dont see anything by the Titans to think they will keep up with the Lions. Even if it's a shootout i'll prefer stafford over locker. GL!

heywally
    heywally's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 765

I understand the logic as to why Detroit is not a good bet here but I also saw the Tenn./Chargers game. Jake Locker is not in the type of system that is allowing him to gain confidence (and they should be committed to going with him, unless he totally falls apart Vs. Detroit (betting on Detroit, you don't won't to see Hasselbeck in there)) and the evidence from last year and this is that CJ has lost it though many blame the oline (which is probably a problem too); it looks to me like he has lost quickness; if he doesn't see a hole he can get through immediately (which he hasn't been), he dances around at the line until he is tackled.

Were I Tenn., I would try and unleash Locker in a way that they haven't with some designed roll-outs thrown in, along with some sideline scrambles to bring the DB's in too far - have him throw a lot, erring on the side of throwing it away. Unfortunately for Tenn., they have been too committed to CJ and his contract.

Thinking that though Detroit might be tired out from the S.F. exercise, maybe Tenn's defense will seem like a cakewalk in comparison though I don't think there's been enough game action to say that they are bad yet.

So, if I were taking Detroit here, my main reason would be that Tenn. will have a hard time scoring.

In spite of this being a must game for Tenn., Detroit should beat that spread if Stafford plays mistake free. But ... if you liked some other game for a teaser, you could somewhat (but not really) hedge your original bet by using Tenn +10 as part of that.

Dom177
    Dom177's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1210

Play safe and bet the over. Lions can put up some points and I dont care what team it is...almost anybody can throw on the lions its pretty pathetic.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by heywally View Post
    I understand the logic as to why Detroit is not a good bet here but I also saw the Tenn./Chargers game. Jake Locker is not in the type of system that is allowing him to gain confidence (and they should be committed to going with him, unless he totally falls apart Vs. Detroit (betting on Detroit, you don't won't to see Hasselbeck in there)) and the evidence from last year and this is that CJ has lost it though many blame the oline (which is probably a problem too); it looks to me like he has lost quickness; if he doesn't see a hole he can get through immediately (which he hasn't been), he dances around at the line until he is tackled.

Were I Tenn., I would try and unleash Locker in a way that they haven't with some designed roll-outs thrown in, along with some sideline scrambles to bring the DB's in too far - have him throw a lot, erring on the side of throwing it away. Unfortunately for Tenn., they have been too committed to CJ and his contract.

Thinking that though Detroit might be tired out from the S.F. exercise, maybe Tenn's defense will seem like a cakewalk in comparison though I don't think there's been enough game action to say that they are bad yet.

So, if I were taking Detroit here, my main reason would be that Tenn. will have a hard time scoring.

In spite of this being a must game for Tenn., Detroit should beat that spread if Stafford plays mistake free. But ... if you liked some other game for a teaser, you could somewhat (but not really) hedge your original bet by using Tenn +10 as part of that.
    I see. I'm not hedging. Ten +10 is a losing bet imo. Lions will roll by 3 tds.

broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

i don't feel comfortable betting the Lions on the road right now. Titans are not a good team, but i can not lay points with Detroit when Stafford has been an INT machine and they can not run the ball. Hope you win.

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Laying Chalk on the road is not solid advice in the long run. But we aren't talking about the longrun, we are talking about this one game.

Tenn defense is so damn bad, and I fail to see how CJ is going to get going vs. that D - especially their D.Line.

For detroit, Stafford can't be this bad, and finally they are getting a big piece of their run game back with Mikel.

That said, home teams are a dangerous trend in football so far.

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

titans pull off the upset. lions are overrated line should be a pick. titans ML is the play here.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by easyliving View Post
    titans pull off the upset. lions are overrated line should be a pick. titans ML is the play here.
    lol okay boss good luck

1234 Last