ABEHONEST
    Say what? I'll bite your head plum off!
    ABEHONEST's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4175

Book talk, and some personal ratings. Betgrande, Heritage and Bovada.

Lou, your rating system has Betgrande accepting USA players. They do not.

Heritage--excluding that lousy software--is proving to be better than I thought.
    They have BALLS, so I'll move them up to an A.
    Can this poor software be upgraded to where you can see, both, the NFL and college football at the same time?

Bovada, is, so far, pitiful. I believe I saw them rated an A on here? Maybe they pay, but that's all I am seeing that is attractive about them. I'll know more later when I get my "disappointed" refund? Right now, with what I do know, they have to be an C or C-. Maybe worse than that? Their software is lousy'er than H's, plus no point buying to amount to anything, and another nut kicker, you'll pay a fee to dep. with them, and add any other fees it takes to deposit on your end, too. How about a 40 dollar lick for a 474 dep. 40 down the drain, 100%.
    Supposedly, you'll get a 50% fee-bonus with most deposits?

I guess the raring system on Books might depend on what a gambler is looking for, personally?

Gosh, all this fun in sports gaming is suddenly getting very expensive.

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

Its rough for you uhhmmeriKKKans

Cost nothing to deposit up here& like $15 for a withdrawal. Must suck

Besides the fees how is bovada??

HedgeHog
    HedgeHog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17021

LOL. A week ago the OP had Heritage a C+ and argued with anyone saying otherwise. Now he has them at an A where they belong. Thanks for the newsflash, Abe.

rfr3sh
    Blind Knucklehead
    rfr3sh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 604

You can see nfl and cfb at the same time just press multiple plays and select both

ABEHONEST

Quote Originally Posted by HedgeHog View Post
    LOL. A week ago the OP had Heritage a C+ and argued with anyone saying otherwise. Now he has them at an A where they belong. Thanks for the newsflash, Abe.
    You're very perceptive!
    Now, do you recall why that early opinion?

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

C+ was too low, but they arent an A either... B is a good rating for them... they cant compete with the options or limits as the best books and, unfortunately, they are very quick to cut your action to pieces... just my experience and opinion...

in other developments, anyone else notice that abe is inching closer to the posting level of beantownjimbo?

HedgeHog
    HedgeHog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17021

Quote Originally Posted by ABEHONEST View Post
    You're very perceptive!
    Now, do you recall why that early opinion?
    Because you're fickle?

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

Heritage is definitely in the A group. Bovada is great for a certain group of small and recreational players. I like the software and their poker is cleverly laid out and fun to play small stakes on. They deal two lines and the square line set are fabulous but only for small potatoes. If you bet under $200 they will let you play that line set forever. If you get greedy and bang them they switch you to the sharp line set which is mirror of pinnacle less the low juice. I still get one free payout a month but maybe I'm grandfathered in(or a super square).

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

Interesting john!

Chimneyfish
    Chimneyfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1283

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post
    If you get greedy and bang them they switch you to the sharp line set which is mirror of pinnacle less the low juice.
    I get reduced juice on the sharp line set sometimes, which made it less of concern of mine. The flip-side is that they also raise prices on me when they don't change the lines. I just took a screen shot of some of the NFL games while I was logged out of my account, and then compared it to the board when logged in. None of the lines I checked were different in this case, but the juice was. For example, logged out I see Minnesota +7.5 -115 and logged in I see +7.5 -120. Almost all the dogs look this same way. Kansas City is listed as +9 -110, but +9 -115 for me, etc.

Chimneyfish

Here's the screenshot I took last year when people were discussing this in another thread:

edawg
    edawg's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5030

Heritage,Betislands,DSI,and 5 dimes are the only books I personally rate above a C that I have played at!

ABEHONEST

Quote Originally Posted by rfr3sh View Post
    You can see nfl and cfb at the same time just press multiple plays and select both
    Thank you for the tip! I did get some wrong advice from a chat person. Do u believe that?

ABEHONEST

I could not even buy a 1/2 point at Bovada, on a line of 9! I see myself being finished there before I get started. Also, who likes the way u have to process a wager? The first time I tried to post one this past weekend, I won 100. Well, I won, but it didn't process I found out a day later. Really bad software that fooled me.

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

Quote Originally Posted by Chimneyfish View Post
    Here's the screenshot I took last year when people were discussing this in another thread:
    LOL. You think that is a custom line set? There is not much difference between that line at 14. At least you have the ability to take the Saints at the painted line -105. Just play the 105s.

Chimneyfish

All I think is that the line is different when I'm logged in than it is when I am logged out. It was in reference to my earlier post regarding reduced juice on the changed lines.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Does betgrande even take euro's

CoachJB
    CoachJB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2556

Heritage is definitely in the A group. Bovada is great for a certain group of small and recreational players. I like the software and their poker is cleverly laid out and fun to play small stakes on. They deal two lines and the square line set are fabulous but only for small potatoes. If you bet under $200 they will let you play that line set forever. If you get greedy and bang them they switch you to the sharp line set which is mirror of pinnacle less the low juice. I still get one free payout a month but maybe I'm grandfathered in(or a super square).
    "bovada is great" lmaoooooooo

ABEHONEST

Ok, I confess, I did get a little hot-wired when I heard this answer from Heritage on the tele, "We don't pay fees."
    So, all is forgiven, and even though, their software could use an upgrade and bonuses are not as good as they once were.... they have some fine positives.
    So... back to an A+ on my behalf.

Bovada will probably be ok, but they are small timers...so a B or B- for what they're worth to me.[ I did forget though, a double whammy on card deposits! Wow!] In fact, tomorrow, I may again be a small-timer?
    Last edited by ABEHONEST; 09-21-12 at 04:15 PM.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

LOL. You think that is a custom line set? There is not much difference between that line at 14. At least you have the ability to take the Saints at the painted line -105. Just play the 105s.
    Bait and switch. It's not that hard to have lines that are the same before and after one logs in.

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

Quote Originally Posted by ABEHONEST View Post
    I could not even buy a 1/2 point at Bovada, on a line of 9! I see myself being finished there before I get started. Also, who likes the way u have to process a wager? The first time I tried to post one this past weekend, I won 100. Well, I won, but it didn't process I found out a day later. Really bad software that fooled me.
    Exactly, I got a freeplay from them thought I bet it, it won, then saw that my freeplay was gone and I had no cash. Apparently the freeplay expired, and my bet was not processed, if I could think I made a bet but didn't, there is no way I am depositing there.

sitzlejd
    sitzlejd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 552

Bovada is slow as hell to put up lines too.

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

bovada by far has the best software out of all the US accepting books. agree that they are lacking alot of options and they should never be more than secondary or 3rd option though.

Emily_Haines
    Emily_Haines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15307

I still have them at F-