ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

bankroll management... back to some gambling talk

Enough bs stories.. let's get some gambling chatter... who here follows bankroll management? What percent will you put on daily plays, and how much are you willing to have in action at one time?

tevari
    purveyor of fuzzy green balls
    tevari's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

I allow my roll to fluctuate anywhere from 2.2 to 1.7k at any given time. I make few plays, but the ones I do make I have supreme confidence in. They key to proper bankroll management, as I'm sure you've been told a thousand times over is...not to chase.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Brock Landers

Chimneyfish
    Chimneyfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1283

For me 1 unit = 1%

RyanLeafOfBets
    Team Dexter
    RyanLeafOfBets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

I try not to wager more than 10% on a game... but I usually go on tilt and do.

If my account is around $600, most bets are $60 (football), baseball is $20-30.

I don't hit consistently enough that I can flat bet and be profitable. I find a play I really like and bet way too much of my bankroll, but because I deposit small, I can always re-deposit and try to build it back up.

ebbearsfb1

Agreed.. I do run a labby line though so its a conservative chase for me... but only play 1 or 2 plays at a time.. with labby you don't need to hit as good a percentage so it defintely helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by tevari View Post
    I allow my roll to fluctuate anywhere from 2.2 to 1.7k at any given time. I make few plays, but the ones I do make I have supreme confidence in. They key to proper bankroll management, as I'm sure you've been told a thousand times over is...not to chase.

ebbearsfb1

Leafer, you should consider a labby line also... I try to do it for all sports except football and college hoops

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Don't make bad bets, the real key to BR management.

If you spend more than what you have decided to be a max bet, that is a bad bet - regardless of outcome.

You see where that logic goes. BR management is all about setting about rules when you are thinking straight, and following through with that when you think you have found a 50 star, 100 unit, Game of the Year (of the week) play.

It really is pretty simple - look around this forum and notice the ones who have BR management vs the ones that don't - and realize where success lies.

RyanLeafOfBets
    Team Dexter
    RyanLeafOfBets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

Quote Originally Posted by ebbearsfb1 View Post
    Agreed.. I do run a labby line though so its a conservative chase for me... but only play 1 or 2 plays at a time.. with labby you don't need to hit as good a percentage so it defintely helps.
    I definitely do this when I build up a little bit of a roll. Kinda what i'm doing now.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Pound

POUND

or POUND POUND POUND

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

this is a vid about handling losses and bankroll management. though it's not about sports betting, it possesses the same concepts. if you are serious about sports betting, you need to set a certain bankroll just for sports betting and treat it as an investment.

for those that are serious, thank me later...

tb1984
    tb1984's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1083

For me, chase is in gamblers' gene, we can't get away from it... Books win big money when people chase.

ebbearsfb1

Good post genghis

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

Quote Originally Posted by ebbearsfb1 View Post
    Good post genghis
    sad thing is threads like this will only get couple hundred views while garbage threads like that one created by opie about griz and pwad will get 20,000 views. that is why books will always win...

rfr3sh
    Blind Knucklehead
    rfr3sh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 604

2% of my roll on each play never have over 10% in play at once

shaunovery
    shaunovery's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    sad thing is threads like this will only get couple hundred views while garbage threads like that one created by opie about griz and pwad will get 20,000 views. that is why books will always win...
    No one ever knows if the story is true or not

Chimneyfish
    Chimneyfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1283

Quote Originally Posted by rfr3sh View Post
    2% of my roll on each play never have over 10% in play at once

Most guys' bet sizes are too large of a percentage of their bankroll to sustain inevitable losing streaks without being wiped out.

I guess it depends on if you're gambling for the thrill or for the realistic goal of steadily making a modest amount of extra cash.

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Chimneyfish View Post

Most guys' bet sizes are too large of a percentage of their bankroll to sustain inevitable losing streaks without being wiped out.

I guess it depends on if you're gambling for the thrill or for the realistic goal of steadily making a modest amount of extra cash.
    Yeah, that really is it. Two different approaches.

The vegas, all in mentality, is the majority of sports bettors - and up until 2 years ago, was me. Would make a bet on a whim, and that whim determined how much I would play. The idea of a bankroll was foreign to me - it was just a "deposit to gamble with".

I mean, now I am taking it 100% more seriously, and it is nothing by a mere hobby to me, but it would be impossible for me to go back to that mindset. I can't remember the last time I had to reup due to a losing streak. Whereas before, it was constant.

ebbearsfb1

Good post, and ghenis 100% right... that was part of the reason I made this thread... was curious if it would get any posts at all... you can tell from actually gambling threads who is actually here to gamble and who is a ghost or just here to bs... guys are right about the bankroll I see everyone betting 100 to 500 dollars and saying how big shot they are doubt any of them have bankroll management..1000 dollar roll should be betting between 10 to 50 dollars max a game...sure its not a lot but not many of us are gonna get rich off gambling anyway