Shonner's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 85

Quote Originally Posted by Bostongambler View Post
    What???? It's like printing money eye shiner

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

If you are making money on baseball, finding value in football is childs play.

The amount of handicapping it takes, is so significantly less.

leetreaper
    leetreaper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2140

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post

100% true

dice
    dice's Avatar Become A Pro!

Stick to Money Lines.

dmtrader
    dmtrader's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2107

just enjoy watching the games

it's cheaper

agendaman
    agendaman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14044

jj is rite small bets spot plays teasers ml some cfb

Linesensei
    Linesensei's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Nfl has been sharp so far. The refs suck across the board, not influencing either side more than another.

Joe Dogs
    Joe Dogs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 593

When the players hear the officials taking about there fantasy league players on the field,not a good thing.

qsilver335
    qsilver335's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 91

Baseball is by far the best play. At least the most consistent over the long season.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post

chalker youre a consistent winner in nfl?

ncaafb is miles easier just from the sheer volume of games every week

im with op

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

No such thing as which sports is harder

All the same

Most liose period

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post

All the same

Most liose period
    wrong

it is possible to know some college teams better than the handicappers...not possible in the nfl

not sure why thats so hard to understand

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Lines are tight in the nfl. If you beat the books in the nfl you can beat them in anything.

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    chalker youre a consistent winner in nfl?

ncaafb is miles easier just from the sheer volume of games every week

im with op
    Not to be a dick, but I can't say with any specificity. I was mealy a dart chucker in the NFL up until two years ago, now I convinced myself I know how to crunch certain numbers and look for certain edges in NFL to be profitable. I guarantee I am down lifetime, but over the last two years I have been + units, but no idea the winning percentage - and those units wont pay any bills - actually not even worth the time invested into making a powerful excel sheet.

It is also why I changed the word to football instead of NFL. I have been loads better in NCAAFB since working the numbers, numbers not even remotely as sharp (although, the lack of talent disparity and low schedule difference make the NFL lines even sharper due to lack of what I would call variance).

My game has always been NCAABK, but last year I didn't do very well - but cleaned up in NBA. Think at one point I was up 30 units in the playoffs alone.

I am better off playing soccer in a country I never heard of before picking an MLB winner. I am not at this level of dedication.

This is all recreational for me. If I counted on income from betting, I wouldn't have enough money to live in a hut in the 9th ward.

The only time I make decent sized bets are at the ass end of seasons. Bowl games and playoffs.

ChalkyDog

All the same

Most liose period
    JJ, if you only chuck darts - this is true. I can attest as a certified dart chucker from my childhood. Look at a name, say "eh - that team is better because I think this pitcher is better than this pitcher" and make a play on it - easy right? You can't win capping like that - but whats the point then?

I am a guy who knows how to mess with words, all I get paid to do. Can't tell you how to find the area of a triangle, yet with about a good year and a ton of reading, I was able to create my own spreadsheet in football.

I couldn't do that in MLB, it would take this brain a lifetime to understand the metrics that are involved in the MLB.

Cicima6709
    Cicima6709's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1565

You are right, it is unpredictable.

However unpredictability can be predictable. What I mean by that is, sometimeswhen something is so unpredictable and either side can hit you can get some + odds, take it. Focus on the plays that give you a bit of edge. A coin flip is unpredictable too, but if I can get + odds on it, that unpredictability will lead to profit. Same with nfl. It's beatable.

Ernie Mccracken
    Ernie Mccracken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4304

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    Lines are tight in the nfl. If you beat the books in the nfl you can beat them in anything.

Impossible for any of us to beat the books. Why try?

Possible to beat Landers, Lakairboy, and the rest of the irrational public. Books have been super sharp already this year and are capitalizing on all the dipshits who overreact after watching 30 hours of espn talking heads circlejerk over whoever had a good game over the weekend. There's a dozen channels and an infinite number of websites who do nothing but create noise. This creates inefficient lines for at least 2-3 games every week.

Cicima6709
    Cicima6709's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1565

Quote Originally Posted by qsilver335 View Post
    Baseball is by far the best play. At least the most consistent over the long season.
    Agreed. Sad that it's coming to an end. It's the only sport where you can get a very nice sample size and rely on simple math. Just a batter vs a pitcher. Nfl has waaaay more variables and is the toughest sport to beat, but you can still find edges.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

The syndicate is winning at NFL

You're a square

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by Cicima6709 View Post
    You are right, it is unpredictable.

However unpredictability can be predictable. What I mean by that is, sometimeswhen something is so unpredictable and either side can hit you can get some + odds, take it. Focus on the plays that give you a bit of edge. A coin flip is unpredictable too, but if I can get + odds on it, that unpredictability will lead to profit. Same with nfl. It's beatable.
    Despite my name, I can't take a dog in MLB without thinking I am a goddamn moron. Literally, a +112 dog, is a long shot.

Got buried chasing big juice every time.

Only money I made all year was taking the over when Collmenter was pitching for the dbags.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1812

You don't know how to fade the public.

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

NFL is for suckers anyway. But lines being 'sharp'? There have been 32 games thus far less than 10 of them have had the scores within a TD of the spread. 11 of them have been 2 touchdowns away. So I wouldnt call these lines very good.

I cant argue with the reffing comments though.

nic9212
    nic9212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2551

Quote Originally Posted by dmtrader View Post
    just enjoy watching the games

it's cheaper
    after gambling so long, this is hard to do

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    This

Theres a reason limits are way higher
    Most pro guys will all say nfl = toughest grind

Without a proven model dont bother

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

All the same

Most liose period
    NBA if you are a master of the game you will win 60% of bets and make money in the playoffs every year

You can be a master of mlb but how can you cap an mlb game.

NBA is all about matchups. MLB you have to rely on stats and math models. The best team in the league can lose to the worst team in the league on any given day. That doesn't happen in the NBA.

A guy is one ball hop away from hitting 3 singles versus going 0-4 at bat. How can you cap that? The ball fall 2 feet further or shorter and its a hit and runs are scored.

greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
    The syndicate is winning at NFL

You're a square
    No coincidence that on first two sundays of the season i have two trophy badges.

We are winning

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    NBA if you are a master of the game you will win 60% of bets and make money in the playoffs every year

You can be a master of mlb but how can you cap an mlb game.

NBA is all about matchups. MLB you have to rely on stats and math models. The best team in the league can lose to the worst team in the league on any given day. That doesn't happen in the NBA.

A guy is one ball hop away from hitting 3 singles versus going 0-4 at bat. How can you cap that? The ball fall 2 feet further or shorter and its a hit and runs are scored.
    Yeah but i would argue football and basketball are games of inches even moreso. A 7 pt spread in football or 6 pt spread in basketball is huge, but think of how many tds every week come down to a toe drag just in the nick of time or not in the nick of time, or instead of 2 3pters going in they go in and out.

jbart28
    MAGA KAG
    jbart28's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16

Just take your roll and buy gold and silver tomorrow. Seriously. Buy it at a 60/40 split. 40% silver.

Watch the election. If Obama wins, hold it you just became a fuking 1%'er.

If Romney wins, sell sell sell. You still will make money, but you don't want to hold it because the economy is going to get better and precious medals will decrease since Bernake will be shit canned and the fed will stop printing fukin paper

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by jbart28 View Post
    Just take your roll and buy gold and silver tomorrow. Seriously. Buy it at a 60/40 split. 40% silver.

Watch the election. If Obama wins, hold it you just became a fuking 1%'er.

If Romney wins, sell sell sell. You still will make money, but you don't want to hold it because the economy is going to get better and precious medals will decrease since Bernake will be shit canned and the fed will stop printing fukin paper
    Did you really just recommend to gamblers, who put money on a game simply for the action, to invest in precious medals and watch their money grow? I am sure most would rather watch paint dry in some uptight french museum.

greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

I own some physical silver bullion myself, will be buying regularly until it hits $39-40 then sitting on it for a few years or until it hits $50 again. I got real lucky, my first go around was buying it up in Fall of 2008 at about $13.50 an ounce. Shit just sits in my closet right now.

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by greenhippo View Post
    I own some physical silver bullion myself, will be buying regularly until it hits $39-40 then sitting on it for a few years or until it hits $50 again. I got real lucky, my first go around was buying it up in Fall of 2008 at about $13.50 an ounce. Shit just sits in my closet right now.
    Yeah, I cannot get into it - not because it is a terrible thing, but because I had a ton of money, and desperately wanted to invest most or all in gold around 2004/5 and didn't. Just forgot about it for a long time, picked up a paper and saw the price for an ounce now and I about crapped myself where I stood.

Now I can't, feel like I am a sucker.

12 Last