iifold
    Update your status
    iifold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1774

NFL Power Rankings... (Week 2)

Week 2 in the NFL was a nice reminder that most of these teams are pretty equal talent wise; and that the winners each week are usually the guys that can shut down the other teams strength. Match ups are everything in the NFL, along with home field advantage and a well timed flag from an unqualified referee...

With that said, these rankings will fluctuate from week to week, it's just the nature of the beast... but for now, this is how I see things...

1. 49ers: (2-0) Nothing changes here, they are the clear-cut best team in the NFL with no weaknesses. They can pass, run the ball, rush the passer, stop the run, punt and make field goals...

2. Packers: (1-1) Their offensive line is still a concern, but it was nice to see Cedric Benson establish himself as a serviceable, every down back. He should be enough to keep defenses honest enough to let Rodgers get back to all-world status...

3. Texans: (2-0) A Texans vs. 49ers Super Bowl wouldn't be too sexy, but it is looking like more and more of a possibility. Foster and Tate are the best rushing duo in the league, and they still have that other receiver named Johnson, who isn't that bad. Great defense and a smart QB too...

4. Patriots: (1-1) I said last week the Cardinals are a QB away from being a contender, so when they shut down the Pats offense it wasn't too much of a surprise. What got lost in this game was how well their defense played. Love them as underdogs vs. the Ravens this week...

5. Steelers: (1-1) Say what you want... "old" "injured" "slow running backs"... One thing will never change... Big Ben will break tackles, extend plays, step up in the pocket, and break your heart... The most under-rated QB in the game...

6. Eagles: (2-0) These guys aren't even playing well and they're winning... Kinda scary when you think about it... They will cruise past the Cardinals this week...

7. Falcons: (2-0) Their defensive schemes confused Peyton Manning, not an easy thing to do. This tells me someone on the defensive side of the ball has a clue... The best receivers in the game, but Turner's lack of explosiveness will cost them eventually...

8. Bears: (1-1) The Packers can make you look pretty silly if they go up 10-0 at Lambeau... Bears need to pump Cutler's face with botox and shove a sock in his mouth... other than that, they should be fine...

9. Cowboys: (1-1) Another team that put themselves in an early 10-0 hole. You can't give that Seattle crowd a reason to be even louder, if that is even possible. I would hate to be a fan of this underachieving mess...

10. Ravens: (1-1) Almost every response to last weeks rankings went something like this "Ravens too low!"... After they lose this week, I hope you'll agree they are right where they belong...

11. Lions: (1-1) They can't tackle on defense and will most likely miss the playoffs... So why did I move them up 3 spots this week after a loss Call me crazy, but I saw something promising against the Niners. They ran the ball well, and showed signs of becoming a little bit more of a balanced team...They should beat the Titans this week and move to 2-1...

12. Broncos: (1-1) Steelers, Falcons, and next up... Texans. What a brutal schedule to start the year. Don't be at all surprised if Manning shakes off the rust and finishes the year 8-1...

13. Giants: (1-1) Saved their slim playoff hopes with a comeback win over the Bucs. Take a look at their schedule and try to make a legit argument for them winning 9 games... I dare you.

14. Cardinals: (2-0) One of the best all around teams in football... One problem... Quarterback!!

15. Bengals: (1-1) What happened to the their defense? Total set at (49) for this weeks game vs. the Skins... They are going to have to put up 30 on a weekly basis to compete... Can Dalton win shootouts??

16. Panthers: (1-1) Don't really know what to say. Some teams will contain Cam, some won't... Their defense isn't good enough for them to win when Newton is slowed...

17. Chargers: (2-0) They can rush the passer now...After they beat the Falcons this week I'll move them up to about 12th...

Seahawks: (1-1) I will just copy and paste what I wrote last week until it is no longer true: "Good at home, below average on the road. Russell Wilson is Doug Flutie all over again"

19. Redskins: (1-1) You can't run the read-option or throw a 40-yard bomb on 3rd and 8... Sell you RGIII stock now...(real life, not fantasy) Orakpo is a huge loss...

20. Saints: (0-2) They will beat a couple very good teams this year, but their division is too good to turn things around... What a disgraceful defense...

21. Buccaneers: (1-1) Too young and inexperienced to be in the top half of teams, but you have to be impressed with the 180 this team has made in the last 6 months... They'll be a live dog all year long...

22. Rams: (1-1) This team is clearly on the rise. The main question is, how high is Sam Bradford's ceiling? It was probably raised a little after last week... Let's see where it sits in 7 days...

23. Bills: (1-1) You haven't heard the last of these guys... Seven winnable games to end the year...

24. Colts: (1-1) Defense played pretty good Better put $10 on a Super Bowl future while it's still a joke... 9-11 Wins a possibility if the offensive line improves...

25. Jets: (1-1) If the Jets are soooo good, why are they always underdogs or barely favored?? Sanchez

26. Browns: (0-2) Richardson is a Beast, Weeden is savvy... Still a ways to go but they can bite you now if you aren't careful...

27. Chiefs: (0-2) So much promise to end last year... What happened

28. Dolphins: (1-1) Team is two years and two wideouts from being a playoff team...

29. Vikings: (1-1) Got lucky to beat the Jags, had 6 points against the Colts in the 4th quarter... Something not being done right in Minnesota...

30. Titans: (0-2) What's worse? Playing the Patriots and Chargers the first two weeks? or playing the Lions and Texans the next two weeks? At least you have a shot to win in week 5 vs. the Vikings.

31. Jaguars: (0-2) Bad news: Gabbert expected to start week 3... Why didn't they trade for Tebow? Then they could have at least sold some tickets while losing...

32. Raiders: (0-2) I think we can all agree the Carson Palmer Project is just about over...
    Last edited by sbr.rodrigo; 02-16-15 at 10:27 AM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 3 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: High3rEl3m3nt, slacker00, and stevek173

TxAaron
    TxAaron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 133

Pretty good list, I would move a few teams around though.

1. 49ers
    2. Texans
    3. Packers
    4. Falcons
    5. Patriots
    6. Eagles
    7. Baltimore
    8. Steelers
    9. Giants
    10.Broncos

That's my top 10

p19101
    Giants!
    p19101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Quote Originally Posted by iifold View Post
    Week 2 in the NFL was a nice reminder that most of these teams are pretty equal talent wise; and that the winners each week are usually the guys that can shut down the other teams strength. Match ups are everything in the NFL, along with home field advantage and a well timed flag from an unqualified referee...

With that said, these rankings will fluctuate from week to week, it's just the nature of the beast... but for now, this is how I see things...

1. 49ers: (2-0) Nothing changes here, they are the clear-cut best team in the NFL with no weaknesses. They can pass, run the ball, rush the passer, stop the run, punt and make field goals...

2. Packers: (1-1) Their offensive line is still a concern, but it was nice to see Cedric Benson establish himself as a serviceable, every down back. He should be enough to keep defenses honest enough to let Rodgers get back to all-world status...

3. Texans: (2-0) A Texans vs. 49ers Super Bowl wouldn't be too sexy, but it is looking like more and more of a possibility. Foster and Tate are the best rushing duo in the league, and they still have that other receiver named Johnson, who isn't that bad. Great defense and a smart QB too...

4. Patriots: (1-1) I said last week the Cardinals are a QB away from being a contender, so when they shut down the Pats offense it wasn't too much of a surprise. What got lost in this game was how well their defense played. Love them as underdogs vs. the Ravens this week...

5. Steelers: (1-1) Say what you want... "old" "injured" "slow running backs"... One thing will never change... Big Ben will break tackles, extend plays, step up in the pocket, and break your heart... The most under-rated QB in the game...

6. Eagles: (2-0) These guys aren't even playing well and they're winning... Kinda scary when you think about it... They will cruise past the Cardinals this week...

7. Falcons: (2-0) Their defensive schemes confused Peyton Manning, not an easy thing to do. This tells me someone on the defensive side of the ball has a clue... The best receivers in the game, but Turner's lack of explosiveness will cost them eventually...

8. Bears: (1-1) The Packers can make you look pretty silly if they go up 10-0 at Lambeau... Bears need to pump Cutler's face with botox and shove a sock in his mouth... other than that, they should be fine...

9. Cowboys: (1-1) Another team that put themselves in an early 10-0 hole. You can't give that Seattle crowd a reason to be even louder, if that is even possible. I would hate to be a fan of this underachieving mess...

10. Ravens: (1-1) Almost every response to last weeks rankings went something like this "Ravens too low!"... After they lose this week, I hope you'll agree they are right where they belong...

11. Lions: (1-1) They can't tackle on defense and will most likely miss the playoffs... So why did I move them up 3 spots this week after a loss Call me crazy, but I saw something promising against the Niners. They ran the ball well, and showed signs of becoming a little bit more of a balanced team...They should beat the Titans this week and move to 2-1...

12. Broncos: (1-1) Steelers, Falcons, and next up... Texans. What a brutal schedule to start the year. Don't be at all surprised if Manning shakes off the rust and finishes the year 8-1...

13. Giants: (1-1) Saved their slim playoff hopes with a comeback win over the Bucs. Take a look at their schedule and try to make a legit argument for them winning 9 games... I dare you.

14. Cardinals: (2-0) One of the best all around teams in football... One problem... Quarterback!!

15. Bengals: (1-1) What happened to the their defense? Total set at (49) for this weeks game vs. the Skins... They are going to have to put up 30 on a weekly basis to compete... Can Dalton win shootouts??

16. Panthers: (1-1) Don't really know what to say. Some teams will contain Cam, some won't... Their defense isn't good enough for them to win when Newton is slowed...

17. Chargers: (2-0) They can rush the passer now...After they beat the Falcons this week I'll move them up to about 12th...

Seahawks: (1-1) I will just copy and paste what I wrote last week until it is no longer true: "Good at home, below average on the road. Russell Wilson is Doug Flutie all over again"

19. Redskins: (1-1) You can't run the read-option or throw a 40-yard bomb on 3rd and 8... Sell you RGIII stock now...(real life, not fantasy) Orakpo is a huge loss...

20. Saints: (0-2) They will beat a couple very good teams this year, but their division is too good to turn things around... What a disgraceful defense...

21. Buccaneers: (1-1) Too young and inexperienced to be in the top half of teams, but you have to be impressed with the 180 this team has made in the last 6 months... They'll be a live dog all year long...

22. Rams: (1-1) This team is clearly on the rise. The main question is, how high is Sam Bradford's ceiling? It was probably raised a little after last week... Let's see where it sits in 7 days...

23. Bills: (1-1) You haven't heard the last of these guys... Seven winnable games to end the year...

24. Colts: (1-1) Defense played pretty good Better put $10 on a Super Bowl future while it's still a joke... 9-11 Wins a possibility if the offensive line improves...

25. Jets: (1-1) If the Jets are soooo good, why are they always underdogs or barely favored?? Sanchez

26. Browns: (0-2) Richardson is a Beast, Weeden is savvy... Still a ways to go but they can bite you now if you aren't careful...

27. Chiefs: (0-2) So much promise to end last year... What happened

28. Dolphins: (1-1) Team is two years and two wideouts from being a playoff team...

29. Vikings: (1-1) Got lucky to beat the Jags, had 6 points against the Colts in the 4th quarter... Something not being done right in Minnesota...

30. Titans: (0-2) What's worse? Playing the Patriots and Chargers the first two weeks? or playing the Lions and Texans the next two weeks? At least you have a shot to win in week 5 vs. the Vikings.

31. Jaguars: (0-2) Bad news: Gabbert expected to start week 3... Why didn't they trade for Tebow? Then they could have at least sold some tickets while losing...

32. Raiders: (0-2) I think we can all agree the Carson Palmer Project is just about over...
    Ravens are too low on the list.
    Last edited by sbr.rodrigo; 02-16-15 at 10:28 AM.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

all in all, a pretty good list

well done

i would move the jets and chargers each up a few spots though

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Bud, the attempt is nice, but start assigning point values to these teams and turn these into power ratings instead - and this might be something useful.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1824

Lot of nice buy low candidates already showing up.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Great job having Bills ahead of Jets.......

k13

Houston is not that good, wait till they actually play a game before you put them in the Super Bowl.

Probably lose to that schmuck Peyton next week.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3341

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Houston is not that good, wait till they actually play a game before you put them in the Super Bowl.

Probably lose to that schmuck Peyton next week.
    Where would you rank Houston? Their first major test is this weekend, but I would say they are one of better team in the AFC.

k13

Quote Originally Posted by Easy-Rider 66 View Post
    Where would you rank Houston? Their first major test is this weekend, but I would say they are one of better team in the AFC.
    Top 5 in AFC obv but that's not really saying much.

We'll see what happens when they play Denver, Green Bay, Baltimore, New England, Chicago.

p19101
    Giants!

Top 5 in AFC obv but that's not really saying much.

We'll see what happens when they play Denver, Green Bay, Baltimore, New England, Chicago.
    Didn't you say Bears were a shitty team or something along those lines? I know you like to piss people off so I guess that was just another try to belittle someone. Anyways Texans are a better team than the Bears, I think we all know that.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

Quote Originally Posted by p19101 View Post
    Didn't you say Bears were a shitty team or something along those lines? I know you like to piss people off so I guess that was just another try to belittle someone. Anyways Texans are a better team than the Bears, I think we all know that.
    the bears ARE a pretty shitty team but at home they still should be favored over houston

k13 is the sharpest guy here when it comes to nfl/hockey. i think 10 posts of his have been right on the money for every 1 that is off

k13

Quote Originally Posted by p19101 View Post
    Premature super bowl talk and being better than the Packers is what that was directed at. Lot of Bears homers here.

How do you know if they are better? They still have to play the game which will be another coin flip spread wise.

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Eagles and Falcons should be above Steelers.

KingJD31
    KingJD31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7042

Ban op
    Points Awarded:

iifold gave KingJD31 10 SBR Point(s) for this post.

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

1) 49ers
    2) Texans
    3) Packers
    4) Eagles
    5) Ravens
    6) Patriots
    7) Falcons
    8) NYG
    9) Lions
    10) Steelers
    11) Chargers ---- waaaay overrated. Cupcake schedule.
    12) Broncos
    13) Cowboys
    14) Bears
    15) Panthers ---- underrated
    16) Cardinals ---- overrated
    17) Redskins
    18) Bengals
    19) Bucs
    20) Seahawks --- overrated
    21) Rams
    22) Saints --- shit coaching on decline
    23) NY Jets
    24) Bills
    25) Colts
    26) Dolphins
    27) Vikings
    28) Raiders
    29) Jaguars
    30) Browns
    31) Titans
    32) Chiefs

KingJD31

You would think sport degenerates would know a little more about sports then the avg sport fan, jets 25th lolll stop they are top 10 easy I realize your hatred for Rex Ryan and Sanchez gets in the way

BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2158

To have Oakland at #32 is asinine. They aren't that bad. San Fran won't win sh*t behind Alex smith. NFC Is still Packers' to lose.

CanuckG

Quote Originally Posted by KingJD31 View Post
    You would think sport degenerates would know a little more about sports then the avg sport fan, jets 25th lolll stop they are top 10 easy I realize your hatred for Rex Ryan and Sanchez gets in the way
    Jets top 10? Says guy with the Jets avatar.

KingJD31

Jets are better then patriots, watch when they play jets will get to Brady pats won't get to Sanchez, I know you can't understand this because you look through the I hate Rex Ryan point of view but jets fixed right tackle pats Matt light retires how is that o line working out?
    Quote Originally Posted by CanuckG View Post
    Jets top 10? Says guy with the Jets avatar.

CanuckG

I like Rex Ryan. Just know the Jets aren't going anywhere...

p19101
    Giants!

Premature super bowl talk and being better than the Packers is what that was directed at. Lot of Bears homers here.

How do you know if they are better? They still have to play the game which will be another coin flip spread wise.
    I have Texans as a 3p favorite against the Bears on neutral field. So Bears at home would be roughly PK.

greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

Quote Originally Posted by KingJD31 View Post
    Jets are better then patriots, watch when they play jets will get to Brady pats won't get to Sanchez, I know you can't understand this because you look through the I hate Rex Ryan point of view but jets fixed right tackle pats Matt light retires how is that o line working out?
    Seriously, who gives a flying fukk about Ryan? No one outside of New York and the occasional ESPN mention talks about or discusses the guy, he wouldn't get a second look walking around in 90% of NFL cities.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Excellent writeup, iifold. I love to nitpick, but I can't change any of your ranks more than a couple spots. Well done!

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Good passing teams will beat the niners

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Eagles

Patriots

not sure if 49ers play them. I say they would lose to both.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3341

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Eagles

Patriots

not sure if 49ers play them. I say they would lose to both.
    Guess you could make the case that NE=SF. But imo SF clearly>PHIL. Why all the love for a team that went 8-8 last year and barely won first 2 games this year. And an injury prone overrated QB as well.

k13

Good passing teams like the Packers, Saints and Lions?

Any team can beat any team in the NFL.

stevek173
    stevek173's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5964

These are really well thought out write ups ii

Good stuff

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

I'll take Houston seriously when Schaub is upright after Halloween...which he never is.

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER
    CollegeOverUnder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 217

I thought the packers and Lions were good passing teams?

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by CollegeOverUnder View Post
    I thought the packers and Lions were good passing teams?
    I think goat milk has been drinking some funky goat milk.

The only team that can beat SF this year is SF. That defense is nuts. Even the offense seems to be making progress.