Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Quote Originally Posted by Stompin_Tom View Post
    thing is its not a must win situation....
    There's no such thing as a must win week 3 of the NFL season

Stompin_Tom
    Stompin_Tom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4140

Quote Originally Posted by eatdarich View Post
    It is because next game is Eagles, Giants have to be 2-1 heading into that game for confidence stand point plus record standpoint. They already lost one to Dallas division rival, can't lose another. This is why its must win. They need to get that confidence swag back
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonata View Post
    Lots of Saints players saying it is. They keep talking about how thard to comeback behind 1-2. Want this win bad to be 2-1. They said they circled this on there calender and want to be 2-1 bad.
    they may be saying that but every giant player knows that they could lose this game and still make it to the superbowl. giants are notoriously average in the regular season. im leaning with carolina. this could easily be one of the giants 7-9 wins or it could easily be one of heir 7-9 losses...

CBOYNATION
    CBOYNATION's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 405

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    I'm on Carolina and here's why:

1) Home team playing on short rest has big avantage over the traveling team.

2) Even more so in this case as the G men come off a huge emotional comeback.

3) Cam Newton loves the spotlight and The Panthers havent had too many prime time games at home under the lights.

4) Panthers are building confidence after beating the saints and a young hungry team like that is very dangerous playing their next game at home.

5) Giants defense has been wrecked both games and I look for that to continue.

6) look for Carolina to run more this week with D Will which will open up the play action passing attack for Cam.

7) By using the run game more it will slow down the giants pass rushers while keeping Eli off the field.

8) Giants banged up on short rest.

9) no prep time for option

10) line moved 3.5 pts against the panthers when majority of plays on giants

Good luck boys
    I agree. except for point #1. In this case I don't think having to travel to Carolina from NY holds much water. It's an hour plane ride. So, I don't think the advantage is as big as say the Lions having to travel to SF last Sunday. But point #1 in general is usually true, just not tonight.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Quote Originally Posted by CBOYNATION View Post
    I agree. except for point #1. In this case I don't think having to travel to Carolina from NY holds much water. It's an hour plane ride. So, I don't think the advantage is as big as say the Lions having to travel to SF last Sunday. But point #1 in general is usually true, just not tonight.
    It's not just the travel time, its more about being comfortable @ home during the short week... Much more hectic for the visiting team, but I see what your saying...

Stompin_Tom
    Stompin_Tom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4140

seems like these replacement refs are one the side of the home team this year as well. I heard a story about a die hard saints fan who reffed half of the saints game then got pulled at half. just something to think about. who knows if goodell said something after monday though.

DSSCA
    DSSCA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1844

Quote Originally Posted by StephenSmitty View Post
    I took a small parlay, Giants +1, Under 50.5, BYU -7, Over 49.5
    BYU -7? Did you mean +7 or Boise -7?

tad0matic
    tad0matic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2027

I'm leaning UNDER on this one, too much guess work with the NY offense and public is hard as hell on the over.
    NY will have to lean on their run game and Carolina will probably try to grind the road team down also. I'm pullng the trigger, not taking a shot but a small on the under.

RyanLeafOfBets
    Team Dexter
    RyanLeafOfBets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

I had a dream last night about this game... very vague, but I remember Newton threw a pick 6. Just threw chump change on a DEF/Special teams TD +150

Allure
    Allure's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15121

Too many on Car, Giants it is.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3353

Quote Originally Posted by RyanLeafOfBets View Post
    I had a dream last night about this game... very vague, but I remember Newton threw a pick 6. Just threw chump change on a DEF/Special teams TD +150
    Newton more likely to carve up that NYG secondary than throw a pick 6. We'll see what happens.

First 123