baskets
    Poster of the Month Twice a Month
    baskets's Avatar Become A Pro!

TWO excellent posters (Paco, Opie) got hit today b/c they violated a key rule......

These guys were betting with their hearts.

Take the Cowboys and Lions....

Both are solid teams, but these were bets from the heart. I've done this so many times in the past 2 years betting on Federer.... where I could not distinguish between fandom and a winning bet.

Axiom: Bet with your heart, then all will turn to shit.... and smell like a fart.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Kid your cries for attention are worrisome.

Is there not an age limit here anymore?

daimoshokage
    daimoshokage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

Paco is a fukking mush.. He's always on the losing side.. The kid can't catch a break.. He's a born-loser..

baskets

Kraken, I can be nice to two of the top SBR authorities... b/c that's good policy.

Now, you on the other hand.... ... you're a fukking dumb liberal. I suggest you roam the streets of a shanty town and ask to be necklaced all the while wearing your Mother Teresa outfit and taking some Elton John action in the backside!

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

On the other side.....49ers and Seahawks fans won betting with their hearts

baskets

True, you could say that.

Problem is that the wagers weren't based on objective analysis... these guys are proud, diehard fans for their teams.

This would always screw me over when betting on Fed matches b/c I'm a big Fed fan....

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Quote Originally Posted by baskets View Post
    True, you could say that.

Problem is that the wagers weren't based on objective analysis... these guys are proud, diehard fans for their teams.

This would always screw me over when betting on Fed matches b/c I'm a big Fed fan....
    I have bet against Detroit teams many times. I have faded the tigers here with Verlander on the mound and cashed. This was a bet I thougt lions could stay within the number. I got +7, they lost by 8. Hanson makes that chip fg, I cover. He missed, I lost.

baskets

Lions are a damn good team. They were held to FG's on basically all possessions b/c of how solid SF is....

I will hit them up on 2half overs when they underperform in the 1st half..... they can explode

they do that time and time again

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by paco View Post
    I have bet against Detroit teams many times. I have faded the tigers here with Verlander on the mound and cashed. This was a bet I thougt lions could stay within the number. I got +7, they lost by 8. Hanson makes that chip fg, I cover. He missed, I lost.
    Hanson was 3-for-4 on FG's, which is pretty good giving the swirling winds in SF.

Lions scored a fluke TD on a fluke possession at the end. This game was never really close paco. I'm a Lions fan and I almost made the same bet you did, but it was the wrong play. This team is mediocre. SF is elite. Game wasn't close, and neither was the +7 really.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

the reason the bet lost is because the penalty prone lions ran into the kicker in the first half, and instead of licking a field goal they went on to score a td. but you have to factor in tons of stupid penalties w/ the lions anyway; anyway lions can't tackle and stafford is just not intense enough

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6892

These guys were betting with their hearts.

Take the Cowboys and Lions....

Both are solid teams, but these were bets from the heart. I've done this so many times in the past 2 years betting on Federer.... where I could not distinguish between fandom and a winning bet.

Axiom: Bet with your heart, then all will turn to shit.... and smell like a fart.
    I bet on my Colts but it was a spot bet, team is weak in areas but Minny being 1-0 and Indy being 0-1... plus it being Luck's first ever regular season home game knew the team would go hard to help him out to win the game. I figured my bet had jinx them when they gave up 2 4th q td's but wow Luck and Vinitieri saved the day! whew

you gotta find key games to either bet on or against your favorite team

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

Haha, we all bet with our heart everyday. You get a good feeling about a team and go with it. You win and it's like winning two games. No better feeling. Stop with the sayings.

ZetaPsi808
    July 2011 Poster of the Month
    ZetaPsi808's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1982

no coin always explains the correct bet after the game lol
    Points Awarded:

paco gave ZetaPsi808 3 SBR Point(s) for this post.

NYSportsGuy210 gave ZetaPsi808 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

baskets

honored to have legends like TwoWays and Zeta post back-to-back in this thread.

I will sleep well tonite.

ZetaPsi808
    July 2011 Poster of the Month
    ZetaPsi808's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1982

honored to have legends like TwoWays and Zeta post back-to-back in this thread.

I will sleep well tonite.

ApricotSinner32
    ApricotSinner32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Nocoin is a breakeven handicapper the fuking guy should stop posting if only his ego were as big as his knowledge he'd be a billionaire.

agendaman
    agendaman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14010

some people should just pick their nose not try and pk. winners the agony of it all

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by ZetaPsi808 View Post
    no coin always explains the correct bet after the game lol
    Well isn't it obvious now? I'm a Lions fan and they weren't the right play in retrospect. Only reason I posted that is because paco acted like it was a bad beat or something.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by ApricotSinner32 View Post
    Nocoin is a breakeven handicapper the fuking guy should stop posting if only his ego were as big as his knowledge he'd be a billionaire.
    I aspire to be a broke degenerate and a huge stiff with horrific bankroll management like you. Not to mention your post makes no sense. Read it out loud. Slowly this time. "If only his ego were as big as his knowledge"? Are you dyslexic on top of everything else? Do I need to help you out trolling now too?

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

I only have one thing to say about all this......

Detroit

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

kfranz31
    kfranz31's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1914

when you bet bet with your own knowledge and handicapping info...paca can bet as he likes...may not always be my best opinion nbut i bet with my money not his