zoo youk
    zoo youk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1197

did Lane Kiffin single handed loose that game for USC

with his awful play calling and out coached in every situation imaginable. all those poor kids came back left millions of dollars on the table cause that used car sales man talked them into at a shot a championship and David Shaw shoves it right down their throats

zoo youk

lose*

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

He is a real bad coach

Got fired in NFL for a reason

zoo youk

you would think after losing to Stanford 2 straight years or was it 3? with this team he has he would have prepared for this game like it was the game of his life/super bowl/national championship; whatev. but just looked lost.

Covy
    Covy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1430

Yes he lost the game. USC led 14-7 late 3rd with 4th and 2 around Stanford 10. Instead of making it 2 poss. game, he goes for it and fails. Stanford ends up tying it on next possession and going on to win.

zoo youk

Quote Originally Posted by Covy View Post
    Yes he lost the game. USC led 14-7 late 3rd with 4th and 2 around Stanford 10. Instead of making it 2 poss. game, he goes for it and fails. Stanford ends up tying it on next possession and going on to win.
    they were at the fkn 10 and he passed up 3 points when his defense has held the other team to 7 points the whole game? are u kidding?

did not see that. wow.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Kiffin is a joke....always has been --- always will be. Will never win a Crystal trophy

Ernie Mccracken
    Ernie Mccracken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4304

How quickly you jagoffs forget that Kiffin went for it on 4th and 19 and ended up getting a TD out of it. His playcalling was fine. I'd much rather trust my 3 first round picks with the game on the line than a shaky BACKUP kicker. I don't hate the decision to be aggressive at all. You guys would be killing him if he let some pipsqueek blow a chippie FG.

The plays were fine, but the execution sucked. USC's center was getting trucked every single play. Barkley was not accurate and was under pressure all night. The RB put the ball on the ground twice. None of that is on Kiffin.

zoo youk

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie Mccracken View Post
    How quickly you jagoffs forget that Kiffin went for it on 4th and 19 and ended up getting a TD out of it. His playcalling was fine. I'd much rather trust my 3 first round picks with the game on the line than a shaky BACKUP kicker. I don't hate the decision to be aggressive at all. You guys would be killing him if he let some pipsqueek blow a chippie FG.

The plays were fine, but the execution sucked. USC's center was getting trucked every single play. Barkley was not accurate and was under pressure all night. The RB put the ball on the ground twice. None of that is on Kiffin.
    that was a terrible play call as well. it was 4th and 19 and Barkley threw the ball over the middle 7 yards to Woods. there was about 4 red shirts around him but his speed got him to the corner luckily. that was a horrible call that Woods bailed him out.

zoo youk

i do agree with you that a lot of problems came from the starting center being out but he was dressed and ready to go taking snaps before the game. kiffin was quoted as saying he was good to go. why the fuk doesn't he use him in their biggest game of the year so far? cause he is a blow hard thats why

Ernie Mccracken

Quote Originally Posted by zoo youk View Post
    that was a terrible play call as well. it was 4th and 19 and Barkley threw the ball over the middle 7 yards to Woods. there was about 4 red shirts around him but his speed got him to the corner luckily. that was a horrible call that Woods bailed him out.

What should he have done? Punted 15 yards or tried a FG with a 10% chance of going in (would have been 40+ yards, little chance a backup has that range)? It was a crazy situation, but I believe it was the statistically correct call and it paid off with 7 points. That's why Kiffin is a good coach - he didn't just trot the FG team out there for guaranteed fail.

edawg
    edawg's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4931

Standford straight up whipped them. USC has more talent but no toughness just like Kiffin.

AdamL2424
    The Dynasty Continues......
    AdamL2424's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 136

Offensive line lost that game... LFKs play calling didn't help matters I will say that

zoo youk

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie Mccracken View Post
    What should he have done? Punted 15 yards or tried a FG with a 10% chance of going in (would have been 40+ yards, little chance a backup has that range)? It was a crazy situation, but I believe it was the statistically correct call and it paid off with 7 points. That's why Kiffin is a good coach - he didn't just trot the FG team out there for guaranteed fail.
    ummm at least run a play call where your WR are past the sticks lol. i didnt have a problem with him going for it, was just the play selection (which is my main point here). . come on ern. i know your fed up with this kickers but your wrong on this one.

Ernie Mccracken

Quote Originally Posted by edawg View Post
    Standford straight up whipped them. USC has more talent but no toughness just like Kiffin.
    I guess that's the downside of fielding a team with dozens of 4 and 5 star recruits. Too much ego and attitude.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Whoever was over the center tonight would have made any coach look like an idiot. He was a one man wrecking crew allowing Stanford to play coverage tonight. There would be no running or passing efficiently from under center.

gregm
    gregm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Barkley looked really bad,didnt complete 50% of his passes, 2 interceptions, never seemed comfortable. USC just looked awful all around today, some really dumb penalties. I dont think John Mckay could have led USC to a win today but pretty interesting article on Kiffin and what Al Davis thought of him and how he saw a certain pattern in his actions

http://www.santafenewmexican.com/Opinion/091612Anti-Fan

They should have been penalized on this play and sent back 5 yards. This is one of the most ridiculous touchdowns I have seen in awhile

Ernie Mccracken

Quote Originally Posted by zoo youk View Post
    ummm at least run a play call where your WR are past the sticks lol. i didnt have a problem with him going for it, was just the play selection (which is my main point here). . come on ern. i know your fed up with this kickers but your wrong on this one.

I agree that Kiffin shares in the blame, but it's not for under-utilizing the damn backup kicker. I think his 2nd half adjustments (or lack thereof) were bad, but USC still wins if the offense plays anywhere near their talent level.