billysink
    billysink's Avatar Become A Pro!

Here you go you fukkin pricks. I will post one a week until I get pissed off.

Posted elsewhere last week.

1-0

Fukkin jinx myself posting plays here.

Having watched both of these teams’ openers several times now on tape, I have come to the conclusion that running the ball to set up the passing game is going to be very tough to do for either of these teams. There is no way the Lions run up the middle on Ike Sapoaga and absolutely no way they run outside on anyone with the personnel available, Kevin Smith is a cripple and just not capable.

The Niners beat the Lions last year in Detroit on the back of Frank Gore who ran between the tackles for two huge runs against a Lion defense hell bent on sacking Alex Smith and without Nick Fairley. That was a common theme last year for the Lion’s front 4, over pursuit and no Fairley, who was hobbled most of the year. Fairley was such a beast last week against the Ram’s front line that they simply stopped trying to run into it. Steven Jackson got nothing at all. The Lion’s line did a much better, even an excellent job of gap control and still managed to pressure the QB. The Rams O-Line was pretty beat up for much of the game and I don’t think Bradford is very mobile as a result of chronic ankle issues but the sacks were there without sacrificing gap control.

Gore’s game last week was more of an indication to me how easy it is to run to the outside on Green Bay. Prior to that contest Gore had not gained more than 65 yards in a game on the outside since 2008. He is a patented between the tackles guy. It will be tough going to beat Stephen Tulloch, Jason Durant and company on the corner. You need a real burner and the confidence of leading with one of your lineman to do so. Taking an offensive lineman off the line against that Detroit front 4 might not be the thing to do.

The game is going to come down to the passing game strengths of each team. Who can operate their sets without much of a run game? That opinion clearly favors Detroit. They are not a run first operation. They do possess the personnel to beat a classic 3-4 but must be wary of the many different sets that the Niners will use. San Fran completely shocked the Pack last week with a 6 defensive back package that took Patrick Willis right off the field and had only two true linebackers as Aldon Smith lined up as a rush end. I can’t see that being successful against a two tight end (actually one tight end and an H Back in Tony Scheffler or Will Heller) set. Last meeting saw Patrick Willis and Navarro Bowman more than capable of limiting the tight end/back position. I think we see a lot of shifting tomorrow to send Pettigrew wide forcing those linebackers into coverage, a double team on Calvin Johnson and some room underneath. Stephan Logan may see some action out of the backfield underneath coverage. He is an electrifying runner after catch.

Alex Smith to me is still a guy who manages a game better than wins it on his own. The addition of Moss certainly opened thing up against Green Bay but again Frank Gore won that game. The Lion secondary is still suspect Delmas and Houston doubtful again but an extra week now to get new acquisitions Drayton Florence and Kevin Barnes up to speed. They still have that front four to help soften that weakness.

The secondary of the Rams last week gave the Lions headaches by disguising their coverages and baiting Stafford into some very poor reads. Courtland Finnegan and Jeff Fisher are masters of that tactic. The Lions coaching staff figured them out and ran roughshod over the Rams in the 4th quarter. Unless I am missing something, the Niners coverage personnel will not be able to duplicate that effort. Not to say Stafford can’t find another way to get the ball to the wrong side and if he does my money will go with it. He did not throw a pick in last year’s matchup but did and will again face a very good pass rush. I look for Will Heller to be used more as a blocker than he was last meeting.

Although it is a stretch for me to say the Lions win outright, the new approach of that D-line and the availability of Fairley have me thinking this is a 3 or 4 point game at the most. 7 points is a bit much for me to digest at this point.

Good Luck this week as always gents!!!
    Points Awarded:

Mikeyanks23 gave billysink 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

tatommack gave billysink 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

paco gave billysink 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

acl123 gave billysink 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

heywally gave billysink 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: heywally

billysink

Thanks Mikey!!!

Mikeyanks23
    Welcome to Darkhat Nation
    Mikeyanks23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2046

NP was leaning Lions and that sealed it for me.

billysink

Seeing some movement here that suggests this line does not hold 7 until game time. Seeing a lot of 6.5 now.

House
    House's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5492

49ers roll

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3277

Good write up. But think SF is too good for Det, especially at home. Laying off, but would lay the points if I was playing it.

Nick Papageorgio
    Nick Papageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Fariley is a non factor, hate the write up

heywally
    heywally's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 765

Thanks for the detailed analysis - some good points. S.F. seems too hard nosed to me and it's the home opener, which should offset any letdown from last week. My guess is that Stafford has a rough enough day where S.F. won't need to do much on offense except not screw up. I bought .5 and have S.F. -6.

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

solid post...

but it doesnt help that you have a det avatar

falconticket
    falconticket's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1762

There's your pick. Stafford sucking again

billysink

Quote Originally Posted by dlunc3 View Post
    solid post...

but it doesnt help that you have a det avatar
    Tigers??

And I am going to cash a rather large futures on them shortly.

I have not been a fan for about a million years D. Gaming took that away longer ago than I can remember.

Absolutely not a Lion's fan. The last team I really rooted for was the Skins when Riggins was playing.

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

what tigers futures bet are you about to cash?

billysink

Quote Originally Posted by dlunc3 View Post
    what tigers futures bet are you about to cash?
    Under 91 wins

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Bullshit running into kicker flag.

Then gamclock goes to 0 and they still let them run a play and get a pi in endzone

pulledclear
    pulledclear's Avatar Become A Pro!

PPPPHHHHHTTTTTT! Fart sound.

billysink

Quote Originally Posted by pulledclear View Post
    PPPPHHHHHTTTTTT! Fart sound.
    I realize that is probably the most intelligent thing you have ever contributed to this forum but the newbie forum is where you need to post that.

You are way over your fukkin pin head posting in any thread I start and probably not yet ready for PT.

pulledclear

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

stafford, wise up and fukkin score.

billysink

I suggest Covers.com for you. They have a coloring book forum for your pretty pictures. This is a football handicapping thread. Two things you know nothing about.

Run along with your blankie kid and head for bed. If you really feel the need to be a childish little asshole, feel free to carry on. It is early in your posting career. You might as well show the forum community right here that this is all you have to offer.

Carry on.

For the rest of you handicappers good luck the rest of the way. Someone hang around and read pulled clear a bedtime story and change his diapers. I gotta run.

pulledclear

Posted winners ALL DAY Miami,St Louis and Seattle ALL on the Money line. Dont you wish you could say the same. You start a thread calling everyone "fukkin pricks" and then whine like a cnt . Nice try little fella your projecting hard. Stick to the play station sweety because Im better at capping sports then anything you have ever done IN YOUR LIFE. Sweet dreams princess im done with you.

pulledclear

Billy STINK nice call on Detroit. Get that FADE up early for next week thanks.

falconticket
    falconticket's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1762

Bad pick. Pretty obvious one here.

billysink

Not the least bit concerned with the neysayers here, been handicapping sports probably longer than they have been alive. Two bit pieces of shit who had nothing to say about the game before it started and childish enough to have a lot to say after it is over. Par for the course. Every good party leaves a shitstain when it is over.

That being said, I am not unhappy with the way I approached this one. Could have covered with the exception of a missed field goal but the real truth is that the Niners were a good 10-12 points better here. We can take some observations from this one and keep them in mind for future use.

It will be very hard to stretch the field on San Fran if you cannot make them play defense outside the hash marks. The only teams that will have any success against this team are going to have to beat those linebackers to the edge out of the backfield. I can't think of any running attack that will have success up the middle if today's game personnel stay healthy. That sideline to sideline coverage allows the rush ends to stay on the quarterback. The coverage guys are still the weak link in this D but you simply cannot wait for a route to develop.

The San Fran offense can and will be contained this year by anyone who can limit Gore. The Lions did a good job on the line but the depleted secondary cost them. Gore got some but not enough to have to bring anyone in to help. Keep an eye on some of the divisional matchups with Arizona and Seattle. Both of those teams are turning into pretty good defensive teams and more than capable of stunting the inside rush. I have been especially impressed with Arizona's 3-4 set. We may see the Niners start to be overvalued and those other NFC West teams still discounted on the open.

The Lions will be very good against the rush this year, certainly much improved there. On offense their lack of run game is starting to expose Stafford. They are no threat at all to run so far, either between the tackles and certainly not outside the numbers. Stafford and co. will win their share this year as there are so many teams that struggle with a spread but San Fran certainly is not one of them. I was also shocked to see the lack of leg strength that Jason Hanson displayed. He has been dropping off for years but I see a liability there. Not only is a 40 yarder a chip shot in today's kicking game but the kickoffs were more than returnable. That is really giving up a lot compared to most teams approach. We have guys kicking the ball into the next fukkin county now, anything is a liability in play.

The Lions have the look of a 10-6, 9-7 team at this point, with a much improved defense when healthy. Their lack of a running and kicking game is going to leave them susceptible to the back door even when playing well. I think the value here may lie in the totals as books are slow to react to the defensive improvement and offensive shortcomings.

Even when we lose we win. We get a chance to take what we learned and apply it to the next one. Congrats to all Niners backers and thanks to all who stopped by here to talk the game.

See you fukkin pricks next week.
    Points Awarded:

Dan Kelly gave billysink 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

heywally
    heywally's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 765

Really not a bad pick Mr. sink and thanks for taking the time to post those analysis. This one could have gone either way and I consider myself fortunate to have won with the Niners though they played a very good game - but probably not the best bet on my part. In hindsight, it was probably a mistake on Detroit's part to play it so close to the vest on offense but ..... they wanted to minimize mistakes I think. It was a good game.
    Last edited by heywally; 09-17-12 at 07:44 AM.

billysink

Thanks Wally for participating and the points. See you next week hopefully!

Dan Kelly
    Update your status
    Dan Kelly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 101

Billy,
    Excellent write-ups, not a bad idea, BUT - If you've been cappin as long as you say you have then you should know by now not to spend your time cappin a game that involves a team you are emotionally connected to. Personally, if I see a guy with a Tigs badge for an avatar sayin take the Lions, then I am fadin.
    Thanks for the winner and make the next write up about the Browns (I'm from Cleveland).

agendaman
    agendaman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13998

billysinkhole all that writing for nothing these are the 49RS bozo i will book all your bets myself sink

pulledclear

Billy SANK another one!

Gamble32jn
    Keep Faith!!!!!!!!
    Gamble32jn's Avatar Become A Pro!

billysink

Quote Originally Posted by agendaman View Post
    billysinkhole all that writing for nothing these are the 49RS bozo i will book all your bets myself sink
    Here is your own assessment of the game and line. You were to scared to bet the fukkin thing at -6.5 saying the Lions had too many weapons. You took +7.5??????? and the ML. Now after the fact you wanna talk shit about a game I lost by a point. I will gladly take you up on your offer. Be sure to be here next week.

"im a diehard 49r fan all the way back to john brodie /cashed today w/ plus 7.5 and ml /rite now dont make that bet -6.5 too much lions have many weapons at least wait for line change prob. go down"

billysink

Billy STINK nice call on Detroit. Get that FADE up early for next week thanks.
    Enjoy your career as the forum troll and know it all. I looked at your posting history. You have duplicated all of these exact posts in probably 10 other threads. Duplicated to a tee including the play station comment. That is your posting legacy. Run around and shit in everyone's thread who lost a play.' No contribution to the forum what so ever. Just a two bit troll. Nothing to offer other than your big fukkin mouth.

Eat a lot of fibre kid. Enjoy the rest of your posting career getting your teeth kicked in.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Mikeyanks23

Philmill
    Philmill's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28643

Billy..Thanks for your writeup..I really enjoyed it...Was on San Fran befrore reading your comments. After I found myself laying big lumber on the 49er with a big smile....I am new here and looking foreword to your writeup coming soon.....THANKS

pulledclear

Quote Originally Posted by billysink View Post
    Enjoy your career as the forum troll and know it all. I looked at your posting history. You have duplicated all of these exact posts in probably 10 other threads. Duplicated to a tee including the play station comment. That is your posting legacy. Run around and shit in everyone's thread who lost a play.' No contribution to the forum what so ever. Just a two bit troll. Nothing to offer other than your big fukkin mouth.

Eat a lot of fibre kid. Enjoy the rest of your posting career getting your teeth kicked in.

Wrong again Stink. ALL of my posts ARE NOT condescending and making that assertion is a blatant LIE. I call them like I see them. YOU are the one that starts a thread CALLING people FUKKIN PRICKS and the cry like a cnt when you get verbally ass raped. If you have the TIME to review someones posting history because you feel insulted, your problem is YOU. Toughen up Jr your stepping out of your weight class.

Oh yeah almost forgot, please get that fade up early.

billysink

<label>This message is hidden because pulledclear is on your ignore list.</label>

View Post

12 Last