QuangX
    QuangX's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6668

Fantasy League Trade,Opinions needed!

(I) Trading MJ-Drew and Kevin Smith for Mike Wallace and Chris Johnson.

What do you guys think?

I desperately need a good wr,

My Rb right now is

Mcfadden
    Gore

Our league start 2 rb and a flex player, with two wr also.

QuangX
    QuangX's Avatar SBR PRO

Anyone?

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Probably getting the better end of the deal.

QuangX
    QuangX's Avatar SBR PRO

Thanks chalky, for your opinion. I feel like, I am getting the better end of the deal too.

freeagent
    freeagent's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6355

Would not do this trade at all, especially in a flex league where u can start 3 RB's. You can never have enough RB's, be happy you have some depth there. When byes start happening your team may even be stronger cause can still start 3 RB's possibly, you will need them it's only week 1. It's much harder to find a RB on waiver wire than it is WR's, and even more WR's will emerge as the season goes on. I would pick up Hawkins WR-Cincinnati if still available, there are others. Also, MJD is just going to get stronger as the year goes on, week 1 may be his worst week of the year going forward. And I don't even like Mike Wallace much anyway, may be a down year for both him and Chris Johnson, who may be a bust this year. I would keep who you have or look for a much better deal.

ChalkyDog

Chris Johnson was a bum last week for me. But him for MJD right now is solid. You are stealing Mike Wallace - who looks to be fine and ready to burn by defenses.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

lol... who are your wrs? and why would you want to do this dumb trade?

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by freeagent View Post
    Would not do this trade at all, especially in a flex league where u can start 3 RB's. You can never have enough RB's, be happy you have some depth there. When byes start happening your team may even be stronger cause can still start 3 RB's possibly, you will need them it's only week 1. It's much harder to find a RB on waiver wire than it is WR's, and even more WR's will emerge as the season goes on. I would pick up Hawkins WR-Cincinnati if still available, there are others. Also, MJD is just going to get stronger as the year goes on, week 1 may be his worst week of the year going forward. And I don't even like Mike Wallace much anyway, may be a down year for both him and Chris Johnson, who may be a bust this year. I would keep who you have or look for a much better deal.
    His starters are McFadden, Chris Johnson and Gore at the flex - that is a solid group of RB's. He is essentially trading a low RB1 high RB2 for a better RB1 or higher RB2, and stealing Mike Wallace to shore up his WR needs, as Kevin Smith wont be a viable option much longer.

I do agree that it is very easy to find WR help on the waiver wire though. LeFell is available in a lot of leagues, and he is going to be taking up some of the slack for Steve Smith here very soon.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    Chris Johnson was a bum last week for me. But him for MJD right now is solid. You are stealing Mike Wallace - who looks to be fine and ready to burn by defenses.
    c'mon chalky mjd for chris johnson is solid? you fukkin kidding me? chris johnson is garbage.

he is no longer cj2k. he's now cj2yardspercarry...

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    c'mon chalky mjd for chris johnson is solid? you fukkin kidding me? chris johnson is garbage.

he is no longer cj2k. he's now cj2yardspercarry...
    I literally hate Chris Johnson, have been avoiding him like the plague this year. Same can be said about MJD.

2 weeks ago, during the draft, nobody would bat an eye at some guy taking CJ over MJD - and actually, most would have done it as CJ was around the 4th or 5th back taken in most drafts.

Simple, would you draft CJ or MJD first? In a draft, who would you pick first between Mike Wallace and Kevin Smith?

The guy is basically getting an even trade with CJ for MJD, and is still getting the better end of the deal with Mike Wallace.

Bottom line, MJD has a lot more questions with his knee and his capable backup in Jennings. I think Chris Johnson isn't very good and hated getting him in an auto-pick league. Still, his core of RB's will be McFadden, CJ and Gore - that is an insanely solid group. Especially when you consider getting the extra value at WR, a position he is admittedly weak at for a bench player in Kevin Smith (soon to be riding pine in Detroit no less).

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

if i knew the things that i know now two weeks ago, i'd be the richest person on the planet.

mjd is rb1. people didn't fear jennings taking over as a starter, they just feared his holdout situation. it was an over-reaction by people such as ttwarrior...

cj2yardspercarry bamboozled a lot of people this year. i'd rather have benjarvus green-ellis over cj at this moment and you know how late green-ellis went in the drafts...

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    if i knew the things that i know now two weeks ago, i'd be the richest person on the planet.

mjd is rb1. people didn't fear jennings taking over as a starter, they just feared his holdout situation. it was an over-reaction by people such as ttwarrior...

cj2yardspercarry bamboozled a lot of people this year. i'd rather have benjarvus green-ellis over cj at this moment and you know how late green-ellis went in the drafts...
    Agree on Green-Ellis, I was high on him and drafted him in any league that mattered.

It does all depend on the person in this instance. I don't like either MJD or CJ, but a trade for one another isn't terrible, IMO. You just can't forget the added value of Mike Wallace in this situation - no contract issue currently.

Either way you slice it, you will have 2 low RB1/high RB2 in McFadden and CJ/MJD and a very good flex option in gore. Add Mike Wallace to a WR spot for a currently bench option in K.Smith - think he comes out ahead. All depends on how little you project their value. I find them both to be equal value at this point.

Just don't overreact to one week of play at this point. Also, if you can find people to overreact - take them to the cleaners. People are panicking about Forte and Stafford right now. You might be able to swipe those guys for cheap if you wanted. Easily sell Matty Ice and Peyton high.

Only week 1.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

how can you not like mjd? he missed all preseason, didn't even start, and look at the numbers he put up last week...

just because you have cj, don't over-value him. his trade value is very low at this point. maybe things will change but so far he hasn't really shown anything...

you are forgetting in fantasy football it's all about "what have you done for me lately?"...

QuangX
    QuangX's Avatar SBR PRO

The way i see it right now, Just fyi my wr are; Greg Jennings(injured) Mike Williams (TB), Pretty weak. MJD will get a lot of carries and touches in Jacksonsiville, But will that wear out on him? Chris johnson is a comparable to Mcfadden in the aspect, that they can catch or run. Johnson can bust any week for a long run. Mjd is consistent though. But he should be banged up, in my opinion.

QuangX
    QuangX's Avatar SBR PRO

Thank you all for your input, I have decided to go through with this trade.

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Quote Originally Posted by QuangX View Post
    (I) Trading MJ-Drew and Kevin Smith for Mike Wallace and Chris Johnson.

What do you guys think?

I desperately need a good wr,

My Rb right now is

Mcfadden
    Gore

Our league start 2 rb and a flex player, with two wr also.

Dude you are getting hosed on this deal. Chris Johnson is finished. You are giving up two studs for basically mediocre garbage that were awesome two years ago.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9764

k smith is no studd and id veto it, c johnson side wins because of mike wallace

ChalkyDog

Unreal, a player that was a consensus first rd pick in all drafts a week ago, for a player that fell into the second rd and still has health questions.

Jennings being hurt does solidify MJD's elite value though.

All depends if you feel CJ is washed up or not. I personally never liked him, but he is going to get a ton of touches. Good luck!

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    k smith is no studd and id veto it, c johnson side wins because of mike wallace
    This is why I would smoke you in a league.

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 311

I wouldn't make this trade, not sold on Johnson. Smith plays hard every week he is solid MJD is solid too. Pittsburg doesn't always score that many points.

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

absolutely 100% do this trade

Monitor-Tan
    Tony Romo of Daily Fantasy
    Monitor-Tan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 428

Take the trade, only matter of time until Mikel Leshore takes over the RB spot.

Monitor-Tan
    Tony Romo of Daily Fantasy
    Monitor-Tan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 428

Usually guys who sit out pregames and mini camp who come into the season never get into the full swing that season more times then not.. CJ and MJD shuold have similar #'s by the endof the season..

you're getting a good WR for a RB who will lose his job pretty soon. Mike Wallace is core in the Pitt offense, since they throw more now.. Kevin is not the core of the detroit offense..

BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2158

I love MJD over Wallace/CJ. Kevin Smith is about to be a split time back. I wouldn't do this. MJD already back to taking over full snaps this week. CJ2k is not what he used to be. Wallace will have a first 6 weeks of slow production, also