shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Davis Cup Tennis

Those steam plays I've been using from Sports Options have made me some decent cash so I'm thinking I should change my bets up a bit to not get the boot from every book I use.

Normally don't touch the Davis Cup but I actually really like both of these plays and might add some more later. Lines are from 365 so I'm sure you can find better elsewhere.

I'm backing both Aussies but I promise there's no bias here

Tomic -150: Tomic got blasted by Davis Cup coach Pat Rafter after his pathetic non performance at the US Open who called him "disgraceful". He was also accused of tanking by many in the sport including John McEnroe. But Rafter came out today and said he's happy with Tomic's "improved attitude" and preparation for the DC so I'm willing to lay the chalk that Bernie knows it's do or die. Another piss poor showing and he's going to be shown the door and I'm pretty sure Croatia wouldn't want him either at that point.

Hewitt +110: Anyone who has backed Hewitt in a regular match knows he gives it his all. One of the best guys to bet on even if he ends up losing as you never feel robbed. However when it comes to the DC Hewitt always amps it up another level. He's playing Florian Mayer who hasn't been in the best form. He's coming off a retirement against Mr Sock and lost 3 in a row as a favourite before beating Fognini in Cincinnati. I actually expected to see Hewitt as the favourite so I'm quite happy with the + odds here but haven't gone as big as I have with Bernie.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9181

Tailing on Hewitt. Can't bring myself to back Tomic as a fave anymore.

shari91

Big chalk but this one looks a bit silly:

Marius Copil -350

His opponent is 4-14 lifetime on clay, 1-6 in the past year. His last clay match was a loss to Henri Laaksonen??? back in July in straights. And the people he beat you've 99% guaranteed never to have heard of. Marius has a lifetime record of 35-48 but many of those losses were to loyal dirt munchers. He transitioned to clay after the US Open losing to Aguilar in the Round of 16 at Brasov and if you look at his clay record within the past year he's had some decent wins. Not sure why the line is only -350 but I'm going to take a chance.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

good luck shari

shari91

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Tailing on Hewitt. Can't bring myself to back Tomic as a fave anymore.
    I don't blame you. -150 was about as far as I'd be willing to go with this guy. If he loses, fine but I at least know this time he'll be trying 100% or he'll be slaughtered by Rafter and Rusty.

shari91

For those considering DelPo in a parlay or whatever, I found this on TI so you might want to keep it in mind:

"I'll try to give as much as I can despite the fact the doctor has told me not to play."
    "This is a chance to play in front of family and friends and people close to me who can never see me play.

"If this were not a semifinal, perhaps I would have thought more about it."

shari91

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    good luck shari
    thanks goatie

brandoc
    brandoc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 940

Good luck Shari, I struggle with Tomic - and he has a shit record on clay but i'll buy into the team environment and pride that rafter and hewitt will install in him so i'm going in with a medium size bet.

Got it on 365 as well, no better lines out there for a change on this one for a change: )

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Yep playing Stepanek +7.5 ...Step beat Del Potro in straight sets last time and is in good form. That combined with Del Potro's wrist injuries is enough

shari91

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Yep playing Stepanek +7.5 ...Step beat Del Potro in straight sets last time and is in good form. That combined with Del Potro's wrist injuries is enough
    haha I was just coming to add that one too.

Have also added Monaco +115: He beat Almagro on the way to winning the Hamburg title in July and took Djokovic and DelPo to 3 sets back in May. Berdych hasn't played on clay since May and with Monaco saying "Berdych is a player who comes here with lots of confidence. But he's not Andy (Murray), he's not (Roger) Federer,'' I'm going to bank on the home crowd pulling him through this one.

Keep in mind I'm not running any numbers on these bets. Purely looking at matchups and relying on some aspects I normally don't so I wouldn't be surprised to do quite poorly today.

Goat Milk

Lol I wouldn't be too sure. Berdych might be pumped after those comments. Line seems short for Monaco.

shari91

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Lol I wouldn't be too sure. Berdych might be pumped after those comments. Line seems short for Monaco.
    That's the extent of the capping I'm willing to do at this point tonight

Didn't think so many of those steam plays would hit... have never chased steam before. Now I'm a bit worried I'm going to get in trouble so I need something to bet. Not much else going on right now other than an Aussie Rules match I have no read on.

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Who is this guy Tomic is playing Shari?

He should roll him?

I have been following those steam plays on SO as well. Not playing too many of them. Hit the WNBA total with it today though.

Optional

Did you look at the Canada/Sotuh Africa tie matches at all Shari?

van der Merwe +210 any chance against Pospisil at home? Not sure why he's such a big dog here.

van der Merwe looked good at Newport against Muller, and won both his DC matches against Kavic and Zemjla earlier this year. Both whom I would rate well above Pospisol, on any surface.

shari91

Quote Originally Posted by hawley View Post
    Who is this guy Tomic is playing Shari?

He should roll him?

I have been following those steam plays on SO as well. Not playing too many of them. Hit the WNBA total with it today though.
    Stebe's not a complete dud by any means but I'm hoping Tomic gets it done. Doesn't help him that it's in Germany and on clay but then again Stebe will struggle to deal with Tomic's variety of shots. I definitely wouldn't have laid more than -150.

It's on 7Two for any Aussies out there with the Hewitt match to follow.

Goat Milk

van der Merwe +210 any chance against Pospisil at home? Not sure why he's such a big dog here.

van der Merwe looked good at Newport against Muller, and won both his DC matches against Kavic and Zemjla earlier this year. Both whom I would rate well above Pospisol, on any surface.
    Is Pospisol that clown that Blake smacked around a few years ago at the Open?

I remember Shari rooting for him because she hates Blake with a passion and that guy was Canadian

MoYaL
    How bad do you want success
    MoYaL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Tomic is fade material so far this year .
    Im with Stebe that doing fine results on clay

shari91

omg the graphics on the screen for the stats "Singles Looses". Nice.

Tough to say. Pospisil is a gun at home and doesn't often lose as a favourite. He beat Seppi on hard in Toronto and then lost close ones to Monaco and Fognini. His loss to Rhyne Williams at the US Open was bad but Williams took him to 3 somehow the year before so it's not too shocking. Still a surprise though. Maybe the handicap if it's decent and less on the ML?
    Points Awarded:

Optional gave shari91 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

QuangX
    QuangX's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6668

SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPASM SPASM SPAM SPAM SPAM SHARI SHARI SHARI
    SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPASM SPASM SPAM SPAM SPAM SHARI SHARI SHARI
    SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM Orgasm SPASM SPASM SPAM SPAM SPAM SHARI SHARI SHARI

Shari is pretty sharp in Tennis....

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    Stebe's not a complete dud by any means but I'm hoping Tomic gets it done. Doesn't help him that it's in Germany and on clay but then again Stebe will struggle to deal with Tomic's variety of shots. I definitely wouldn't have laid more than -150.

It's on 7Two for any Aussies out there with the Hewitt match to follow.
    GL Shari. Dont trust tomic to be able to generate his own power off the clay so laying off...

On a off (but somewhat related topic in sports) do u know y the wallabies are 11.5 favs against argentinians tomorrow?? Tempted to pound the argentinians here...

shari91

Stebe's serve hit the bottom of the net

QuangX
    QuangX's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6668

Shari what about Wta tennis picks???

shari91

Quote Originally Posted by ACoochy View Post
    GL Shari. Dont trust tomic to be able to generate his own power off the clay so laying off...

On a off (but somewhat related topic in sports) do u know y the wallabies are 11.5 favs against argentinians tomorrow?? Tempted to pounded the argentinians here...
    Tomic broken already. I hope you're paying attention Bet365!!

No clue why that line is -11.5 but no way in hell would I take it. Argentina or nothing. They have that former Kiwi coach helping them out and have been really strong considering this is their first championship. Way too many points for me.

ACoochy

Quote Originally Posted by ACoochy View Post
    Guy looks fukkin lost when he has to take the initiative.

Optional

Stebe running the big guy around a lot.

MoYaL
    How bad do you want success
    MoYaL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Shari , lets do it !

Selection 1: Davis Cup SF, Tennis
    S. Querrey 14-September-2012 3:05 AM PST
    Player 1 Games Over 11.5 for Match 1.901
    Risking 121.20 to Win 109.19 USD

LETS GO SAM !!

shari91

GL Moyal!

ACoochy

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    Tomic broken already. I hope you're paying attention bet365!!

No clue why that line is -11.5 but no way in hell would I take it. Argentina or nothing. They have that former Kiwi coach helping them out and have been really strong considering this is their first championship. Way too many points for me.
    Share similar thoughts. This has home town bias written all over it imo..

What a veritable feast of sports we have tonight on the box. Feel spolied..

hawley

Great weekend of sport all round,

shari91

Coochy that line is +12 at Sportingbet. I just put some on it.

ACoochy

Nice. May put a little sprinkling on the ML as well. Wallabies have something like 27 potential squad members out through injury atm.

Talk about being hamstrung for options...

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Hun there is really no such thing as steam plays in tennis let alone Davis cup unless your looking deep into Betfair markets or other Euro/Assuie books that are not on Sports Options

Hun I am still teaching you

shari91

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Hun there is really no such thing as steam plays in tennis let alone Davis cup unless your looking deep into Betfair markets or other Euro/Assuie books that are not on Sports Options

lol I posted the bets yesterday... not one of them was tennis and neither were the ones today but thanks for the advice pal

hawley

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post

Read again son

Talk of the steam plays is not related to the tennis picks.

shari91

Just put in a parlay of Mathieu/Zopp -110.

That should be enough now until those steam plays start coming through.

Any of you who haven't signed up for Sports Options' one week trial yet should give it a go. I'm having fun with it. Have only ever used Don Best before this but it's pretty cool

1234 ... Last