frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Kansas +20.5 Points at home against TCU

I know TCU is good, but Kansas is a somewhat decent football program playing at home, and are probably even more motivated to beat a rank team on their on back yard. Seems like an easy play for the home dog here

ferndog
    ferndog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1731

I was looking at this play too. I like the home dog. Gimme all those pts.

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito
    frogsrangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5421

TCU -21 is actually the play and its not even close

TCU is a team that has been told not just since they were invited to the Big 12, but ever since the Southwest Conference disintegrated that they can not compete in the Big 12. This is TCU's first Big 12 game as a member of the Big 12 to shut those critics up. All offseason "Can TCU compete in the Big 12?" and this is their chance to make a statement.

Kansas is garbage, just lost to Rice, they will have no answer for the high powered TCU offense and the aggresive and fast TCU defense. It's going to be a bloodbath. Casey Pachall TCU QB is a top level talent, might be the best all around Big 12 QB. And TCU might have the deepest stable of running backs in the Big 12 too. Offensive line is also a plus. TCU has no offensive weaknesses. TCU's weaknesses is the fact that the defense is young and inexperienced, but Gary Patterson is a defensive mastermind, TCU defense is about the system and prepartion not the players, and Kansas does not have the aerial attack and pocket passing prescence needed to pick apart the TCU defense. Can't run the ball on TCU, have to throw, and Kansas is not there in the passing game yet.

Another part of TCU game not talked about is special teams, year in and year out TCU special teams are rock solid. Great return games and kick coverage.

This will be an absolute slaughter, TCU is looking to make a statement, and will roll in this one, backups should be in by the 4th quarter

TCU 45
    Kansas 10

You could have got this line at +26, but its down to 21. But please do not make this play on Kansas, you will regret it

I also dont see how you can say Kansas is a decent program, they went 2-10 last year and almost lost to South Dakota State to open the year before losing to Rice.

gamble
    gamble's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3984

pretty much agree with everything frog said, as I am on TCU already

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1920

I like you sig that says the Broncos to win the AFC west. I placed a bet on them during preseason.

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito

Teams that have put up 25+ points on TCU since 2008:

2011 Boise State - Had Kellen Moore and were playing at home
    2011 SMU - Pocket Passing oriented aerial attack
    2011 Baylor - RGIII and the Baylor passing attack
    2010 San Diego State - SDSU completed 2 hail mary jump balls in the end zone and a double reverse pass for TDs
    2009 Utah - Put up a bunch of points when the game was out of hand, TCU was up 41-14 at halftime
    2008 Oklahoma - Sam Bradford was money that year

Only 6 teams in the past 4+ seasons have put up 25 or more points on TCU. Kansas does not have the weapons or system that those 6 teams had. All of those teams except SMU and Utah had QBs who are currently in the NFL. And Utah only scored 25 because the game was out of hand, and SMU put up 40 because it was just their day.

frostno98

Quote Originally Posted by frogsrangers View Post
    Teams that have put up 25+ points on TCU since 2008:

2011 Boise State - Had Kellen Moore and were playing at home
    2011 SMU - Pocket Passing oriented aerial attack
    2011 Baylor - RGIII and the Baylor passing attack
    2010 San Diego State - SDSU completed 2 hail mary jump balls in the end zone and a double reverse pass for TDs
    2009 Utah - Put up a bunch of points when the game was out of hand, TCU was up 41-14 at halftime
    2008 Oklahoma - Sam Bradford was money that year

Only 6 teams in the past 4+ seasons have put up 25 or more points on TCU. Kansas does not have the weapons or system that those 6 teams had. All of those teams except SMU and Utah had QBs who are currently in the NFL. And Utah only scored 25 because the game was out of hand, and SMU put up 40 because it was just their day.
    Yeah, and UL Monroe beat ArkansasStat don't mean much until conference play. Home team dogs with a large spread is usually right the play. Whether it's the NFL or College.

govolz
    govolz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dude u obv have no clue... Kansas is a decent team?

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

Since when is kansas a decent program???

dice
    dice's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by frostno98 View Post
    I know TCU is good, but Kansas is a somewhat decent football program playing at home, and are probably even more motivated to beat a rank team on their on back yard. Seems like an easy play for the home dog here
    The Kansas QB is decent.

MoreCredible
    MoreCredible's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 266

Frog, I remember when you posted this the other day. I played it (and hard too) immediately.

I think you're right. TCU will want to come out and prove something being the "new guy" in the conference.

nvrlose37
    nvrlose37's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie Paz View Post
    Since when is kansas a decent program???
    Thank you for someone explicitly asking this question. The worst D in FBS last year they were absolutely horrible against good teams ATS.

alabasterf
    alabasterf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 635

45-10 sounds about right, Frogs. TCU in a landslide. Don't overthink this one.

madworld
    madworld's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

I think I am going to wait for the 1st halfs to come out. I think TCU will be up at half by atleast 2 TD's. I like the -21 but worry about a last second TD that means nothing, except to screw the TCU backers.

emat
    emat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 654

Not sure how the words decent and Kansas football can ever be used in the same sentence or paragraph for that matter. They are flat out awful. Only question in this game is how good is TCU. I tend to think TCU is overrated for being in the Big 12. Even Kansas might complete in TCU's old league. Patterson is really good though and comes from the Bill Snyder lay a beat down on Kansas every chance you get school, TCU wins by 40 in this game.

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito

Quote Originally Posted by emat View Post
    Not sure how the words decent and Kansas football can ever be used in the same sentence or paragraph for that matter. They are flat out awful. Only question in this game is how good is TCU. I tend to think TCU is overrated for being in the Big 12. Even Kansas might complete in TCU's old league. Patterson is really good though and comes from the Bill Snyder lay a beat down on Kansas every chance you get school, TCU wins by 40 in this game.
    The "Can't compete in the Big 12" line I have been warning about

Kansas might not have even qualified for a bowl game in the MWC last year. Boise State, Wyoming, San Diego State, and Air Force were all better teams.

ShogunRua
    Update Status
    ShogunRua's Avatar Become A Pro!

Kansas will get smoked in this one.

ConferenceChalk
    2013 YTD: 42-35-1
    ConferenceChalk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 164

Quote Originally Posted by frostno98 View Post
    Kansas is a somewhat decent football program playing at home
    they are?

IMO TCU is an expensive play here. I was hoping this one would be 14-17 but that high I'm priced out
    Last edited by ConferenceChalk; 09-13-12 at 03:27 PM. Reason: premature submission

emat

The "Can't compete in the Big 12" line I have been warning about

Kansas might not have even qualified for a bowl game in the MWC last year. Boise State, Wyoming, San Diego State, and Air Force were all better teams.
    Other than Boise State none of those other teams could beat Iowa State this year. Again, minus Boise, the problem with your statement is that you are comparing Wyoming to Texas, San Diego State to West Virginia, Air Force to Texas. Never mind Kansas State, Oklahoma State and oh by the way Oklahoma. Boise is the only team in the MWC that would have been competitive in the Big 12 day in and day out. Your big rivalry in the Big 12 was Baylor for god sake. Baylor I think has only finished in the top half of the league once and spent most of their time at the bottom with Kansas. The Big 12 is on a whole different level the MWC and TCU is about to find out. Don't use Kansas as your measuring stick, however.

skjjb4
    skjjb4's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1070

As a KU fan I went big on TCU.KU is not a decent program. They might be in the next year or two but we are betting on a game 3 days away. This game will be ugly!

M.W.
    M.W.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6270

Thanks for the perspective, Frogsrangers. I have a couple really strong angles pointing to Kansas, but I'm probably going to play TCU in this one.

branch0095
    branch0095's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

I think the people that say KU is a decent program may be recalling the Mangeno (sp?) squads from 3 or 4 years ago. Now adays....GARBAGE! That being said, I don't really like giving 3tds on the road in a conference game. Granted it is TCU's first year and theyre out to make a statement. If I had to make a play Id probably lean TCU, but I think Ill probably pass on this one. GL ALL!

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito

Quote Originally Posted by alkazzi View Post
    I work as an oddsmaker and analyst in one of the largest bookmakers in the market. I specialize in selecting football leaguese specially the German and French. Also I have excellent results in selecting American sports, especially MLB.

Persons interested in my carefully selected tips should transfer money in my account in PayPal, WesternUnion, Neteller, Skrill (Moneybokers)

Signup includes 3-5 tips of carefully selected each day. I give sports betting a few hours before the start of matches.

My website:

http://e-typer.bloog.pl
    You are a \*\*\*\*\*\*

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Home dog playing against a mid-major team that is playing its first game in a big boy conference.

Saw the powerhouse Utah program jump into the PAC and do nothing. Similar back story.

That is a lot of points. Can't see laying 21 on the road in this spot. Also, I fear Rangers is biased as hell on TCU and Baylor. No idea why I think that though.

KKoz9
    KKoz9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

TCU much too much firepower here. Lay the wood.

KU is horrific this year and will be lucky to put up 10 points on TCU.

41-10

Ch Br
    Ch Br's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 349

TCU -21 is actually the play and its not even close

Another part of TCU game not talked about is special teams, year in and year out TCU special teams are rock solid. Great return games and kick coverage.

This will be an absolute slaughter, TCU is looking to make a statement, and will roll in this one, backups should be in by the 4th 3rd quarter

You could have got this line at +26, but its down to 21. But please do not make this play on Kansas, you will regret it

I also dont see how you can say Kansas is a decent program, they went 2-10 last year and almost lost to South Dakota State to open the year before losing to Rice.
    check
    check
    check

But will people listen????????

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    Home dog playing against a mid-major team that is playing its first game in a big boy conference.

Saw the powerhouse Utah program jump into the PAC and do nothing. Similar back story.

That is a lot of points. Can't see laying 21 on the road in this spot. Also, I fear Rangers is biased as hell on TCU and Baylor. No idea why I think that though.
    You do realize that Utah's first Pac 12 game was against USC at the coliseum and Utah missed what would have been the game winning field goal as time expired, right? That seems like a pretty solid Pac 12 debut to me. Then they lost their starting QB for the year and that is when their season went south, even then they were a missed field goal against Colorado away from playing in the Pac 12 title game.

TCU is far better than Utah, we beat them 55-28 and 47-7 back to back years before Utah bolted for the Pac 12. Not a good comparison

If you want to keep calling TCU a "mid major team" despite the fact that we usually beat so called "Big boy" schools before coming to the Big 12, you shouldn't be placing bets on college football

Everyone said that Wisconsin's running game would run all over us and destroy us at the line of scrimmage and we couldn't compete with that. How did that end up working out?

M.W.

Except that TCU was light years ahead of Utah, which is why TCU beat Utah 55-28 and 47-7 in Utah's last 2 years in the MWC.

M.W.

Everyone said that Wisconsin's running game would run all over us and destroy us at the line of scrimmage and we couldn't compete with that. How did that end up working out?
    It worked out really poorly; TCU didn't cover, and I lost a lot of money.

TexansFan
    TexansFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 211

Mangino ate all the good players before he left.

emat

You do realize that Utah's first Pac 12 game was against USC at the coliseum and Utah missed what would have been the game winning field goal as time expired, right? That seems like a pretty solid Pac 12 debut to me. Then they lost their starting QB for the year and that is when their season went south, even then they were a missed field goal against Colorado away from playing in the Pac 12 title game.

TCU is far better than Utah, we beat them 55-28 and 47-7 back to back years before Utah bolted for the Pac 12. Not a good comparison

If you want to keep calling TCU a "mid major team" despite the fact that we usually beat so called "Big boy" schools before coming to the Big 12, you shouldn't be placing bets on college football

Issue being now you are playing the big boys every week. Reference what is about to happen to Missouri. Half their offense is injured after one game in the SEC and still has games against Alabama so the other half of their team can get injured. Won't even make bowl game. TCU will be in a similar scenario.

frostno98

Also, I fear Rangers is biased as hell on TCU and Baylor. No idea why I think that though.
    We'll his name is frogsRanger. TCU Horn Frogs/Texas RangersHe got that DFW bias written all over TCU.

M.W.

Quote Originally Posted by emat View Post
    Issue being now you are playing the big boys every week. Reference what is about to happen to Missouri. Half their offense is injured after one game in the SEC and still has games against Alabama so the other half of their team can get injured. Won't even make bowl game. TCU will be in a similar scenario.
    Are you kidding? The game is tomorrow, not six weeks from now.

baskets
    Poster of the Month Twice a Month
    baskets's Avatar Become A Pro!

A program spiralling into destruction..... KU.

And who is at the helm to take care of the job? None other than Mr. Weis.

That is the final slam dunk on this game.

Obliteration city here, folks.

Pray for miracles if you're on KU. 3 TD's on the road in a conference game.... steal of the century, right? Lol, when they're down by 38 points you'll be thinking the opposite.

I don't know how KU is going to put points up. They can't throw the ball and TCU will smash them on the run. When they're down big it will be even more of a joke.

Even with just 5 TD's TCU covers the spread here.

LionsFTW
    LionsFTW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

I can see TCU up 27-28 late in the fourth and step off the gas while Weis keeps fire just so he has something good to say at the press conference. He did it at ND all the time. Got TCU -12.5 at the half.

12 Last