Justin3587
    Justin3587's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 450

Nationals Today

I'm on it. Seems pretty good to me, Lannan on the mound against Mike Harvey. Thoughts?

Mantle7
    Death Stare
    Mantle7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 73

Really tough call. Lannan is the Triple A pitcher that the Nats have tucked away for the Strasburg shutdown. He's been called up twice this year and he's gone 2-0 and looked good. He just tossed a 3 hit shutout his last game in Triple A. Mets clearly have the advantage on the mound though. The kid Harvey is GOOD. With the week bats of the Mets and their bullpen as bad as it is I think the Nats are the play. Really hard call.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Justin3587, and EmpireMaker

shift_knob
    shift_knob's Avatar Become A Pro!

Washington bats>mets bat right mow

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

GL bro, i'll be pulling for ya....

This thread title is posted daily here @ SBR...

IT's great...

Mantle7
    Death Stare

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    GL bro, i'll be pulling for ya....

This thread title is posted daily here @ SBR...

IT's great...
    Great, thanks Bud. I like talking out Nats games. Sometimes it's a no brainer and then there's games like today.

firedawg
    firedawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1066

Last edited by Rod_M; 09-12-12 at 04:08 PM.

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5350

Unreal Lk1 where are they?

Only1Oklahoma
    Semi-pro
    Only1Oklahoma's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 116

Quote Originally Posted by Mantle7 View Post
    Really tough call. Lannan is the Triple A pitcher that the Nats have tucked away for the Strasburg shutdown. He's been called up twice this year and he's gone 2-0 and looked good. He just tossed a 3 hit shutout his last game in Triple A. Mets clearly have the advantage on the mound though. The kid Harvey is GOOD. With the week bats of the Mets and their bullpen as bad as it is I think the Nats are the play. Really hard call.
    Harvey isn't bad, but I don't know if I would say GOOD necessarily. The mets haven't won a game with him starting at home yet. 0-1 with a 5.4 ERA and 1.8 WHIP for september, and facing some of the best bats in the MLB. With the way the mets have been playing at home, especially at the plate, Citi Field is about to be spotless tonight.

Mantle7
    Death Stare

dominate.
    dominate.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10418

This doesn't mean much, but I have a weird feeling the mets will pull it off tonight.

Mantle7
    Death Stare

Only, I agree he's not gonna win the CY Young award but for a rookie he's been pretty good and if he played on a team that gave him a little run support his numbers would look a lot better.

Only1Oklahoma
    Semi-pro
    Only1Oklahoma's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 116

Quote Originally Posted by Mantle7 View Post
    Only, I agree he's not gonna win the CY Young award but for a rookie he's been pretty good and if he played on a team that gave him a little run support his numbers would look a lot better.
    I definitely agree. But looking at the game as a whole, even if he does put up good numbers he is still on a team that gives him no run support, and the rest of the bullpen has struggled. Even on an off day I feel like the Nationals are just a far superior team. Not bashing Harvey, just the match up in these particular circumstances. Especially getting the nats at -102!