SportsPedagogy
    SportsPedagogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 266

One of These Five NFL Teams WILL Win the Super Bowl this Year

** This is the article I wrote for TMRzoo . It's a manly stuff type of website. Alot of sports fan boys over there, so I figured I would post here and see what you guys think. This was wrote last Tuesday but just published now**

The NFL is a big venue for sports betting. People love football, and the sports books love taking bets on it. This is because football is one of the hardest sports to bet on. Teams have a week to strategize and game plan, home field plays perhaps the biggest role in football then it does in any sports, there are 22 men on the field at once… this means match-ups are much more important than big names.

That being said, I am going to throw caution into the win and make a bold statement… one of these 5 teams WILL win this year’s Super bowl.

Before we pick the 5, let’s look at the odds for each team to win it all:
    New England Patriots +575, Green Bay Packers +600, Houston Texans +850, Philadelphia Eagles +1200, San Francisco 49ers +1300, New Orleans Saints +1600, Dallas Cowboys +1750, Baltimore Ravens +1800, Denver Broncos +1900, Pittsburgh Steelers +2000, Atlanta Falcons +2500, New York Giants +2500, Chicago Bears +2600, Detroit Lions +3000, San Diego Chargers +3300, New York Jets +5000, Seattle Seahawks +5500, Carolina Panthers +6000, Cincinnati Bengals +6000, Kansas City Chiefs +6000, Buffalo Bills +7000, Oakland Raiders +9000, Washington Redskins +9000, Tennessee Titans +10500, Tampa Bay Buccaneers +13500, Arizona Cardinals +15000, Miami Dolphins +15000, Indianapolis Colts +20000, St Louis Rams +20000, Minnesota Vikings +25000, Jacksonville Jaguars +30000, Cleveland Browns +35000

In case you are new to American gambling odds, The Cleveland Browns at +35000 basically means they are 350:1, which means your $100 bet would profit $35,000. Save your money though, cause the Browns are in the first group we are going to eliminate. We will call this group the “No chance in hell” group. The Browns will be joined by the Vikings, Bucs, Panthers, Seahawks, Jags, Rams, Colts, Dolphins, Cards, Redskins, and Bills. These teams will be lucky to be in playoff contention in the last 3 weeks of the season.

That leaves us 20 teams left. We have fifteen more to eliminate. The next group to exit will be our “Almost relevant group” These teams are the Titans, Raiders, Bengals and Chiefs. All of these teams will be fighting hard for their division, but they will fall just short.

Now we are down to the final 16 and we have to start eliminating potential playoff teams. The next group will be called the “The shortstops” cause even if they make the playoffs, it will only be for a short stop.

The offense will only get the Jets so far this season, and their defense looked a little shaky last year, the Falcons do good during the regular season, but they just cannot seem to contend with top tier teams, the Saints were everybody’s pick entering the playoffs last year. They hit a wall in the solid 49ers defense. Even if they made the Super bowl, they will be facing a tough AFC defense, but they will not even make it that far. They are getting some players back from the suspensions, but Head Coach Sean Payton has yet to be pardoned, the team will suffer. The Giants will not repeat. They get hot when it matters, but I think with a healthy Eagles team, they will be fighting for their playoff lives and probably come up just short. The Chargers will be fighting for their relevancy lives, but the offense was ate up by the Broncos last year, add manning to the mix and I just do not see them getting past Denver. I enjoy watching the Lions play, but they still have some gelling to do before they can hang with the top teams in the NFC. Perhaps next year Detroit.

Ten teams left, but only 5 can make the guarantee. The next group will be the “Contenders” cause these guys will have great seasons and make it to the playoffs…

The Steelers have about as much firepower as France. The defense is good, but I like the Ravens defense more, and offense twice as much as I like the Steelers. The Cowboys have a much improved defense, Romo was very good last year, but the offensive line is not good enough to win against great defenses. The Boys were lucky the Giants have a horrible secondary. Don’t worry, everybody will blame Romo. The Eagles are going to be a good team, but can Vick stay healthy? Can that offense go down and beat a great defense ? Can the defense hang with a high powered offense? Not after the first round of the playoffs. The 49ers have tried alot to boost their offense, the defense looks solid, but I think they fall short once again. It is hard to imagine the Broncos team with a veteran HOFer running the offense and them not being good. I think they win a bunch of games and make some noise in the playoffs, they MAY even make it to the AFC championship game, but they will probably take a divisional round exit once again.
    This leaves us with our 5 teams and one is GUARANTEED to win the Super bowl!

Chicago Bears +2600: Quit hating on Jay Cutler! The hate is unwarranted. The guy makes plays, the Bears were looking awfully tough until he got hurt… then Forte. I have the feeling the Bears are going to make people some money this season. Is it really that hard to imagine the Bears winning it all this season? The Giants did it last season after all.

Baltimore Ravens +1800: What a beautiful price tag. The Ravens were a dropped pass and a shanked FG away from the Super bowl last year. The defense is always ready to go and the offense is slowly grabbing momentum. This play has good value.

Houston Texans +850: I was hoping for a higher number, but I will take this. Houston has the easiest path to the playoffs. They play the Jags, the Colts and the Titans twice each, so they could be in legit contention for a first round bye. This is a talented team, do not overlook them.

Green Bay Packers +600: Aaron Rodgers has one goal, to put up points faster than his defense can give them away. He has a good offense in place and everything clicks. They almost went perfect last season and they will definitely be in the thick of things at the end of this season.

New England Patriots +575: This is a horrible number if you are worried about the Patriots preseason woes, but I am not. This is the same Super Bowl team from last year, they looked good the whole season and they will be dominating once again.

There you have it. If you were to take $500 and bet $100 on each team, you would profit $175 if the Pats won, $200 for Packers, $450 from Texans, $1200 on Ravens and $2200 from the Bears. Remember, you only lose $400 if one of those teams win, the other $100 is returned. This also works for smaller amounts of money for all of you broke gentlemen out there.

Good luck! I look forward to the complaints about how your team did not make the Top 5.
    Last edited by SportsPedagogy; 09-11-12 at 09:15 AM.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3353

Think that SF offers the best value at 13/1 with that D and an improved O. If Smith plays well, I would favor them over the Pack. In additon, they may have home field adv. Chi at 26/1 offers value as well.

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

good article!

i love your angle on houston, very good team playing in a VERY weak division.

chopperocker
    Hang on baby, cuz life's a BITCH!!!
    chopperocker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55608

i'll take these 3 -

Houston Texans +850
    San Francisco 49ers +1300
    Baltimore Ravens +1800

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

ton of value with the Bears

SportsPedagogy

I wrote this before the first games played. Thanks for the feedback guys

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

got any late season baseball articles SportsPedo?

RonPaul2008
    Update your status
    RonPaul2008's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 243569

You left off the best team in the NFL, the San Francisco 49ers.

no gnu taxes
    no gnu taxes's Avatar Become A Pro!

the Saints were everybody’s pick entering the playoffs last year. They hit a wall in the solid 49ers defense.
    Hit a wall? I believe the Saints had over 500 yards offense in that game:

They lost for two reaons:

dumb turnovers and a defensive collapse in the last 2 minutes.

5teamparlay
    WINNING!!!
    5teamparlay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1223

Cowboys

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1920

I would switch Texans with 49ers.

Whenever Greeny from ESPN picks his super bowl winner, it is a bust. Last season it was the Eagles, this season it's the Texans.

I believe in the theory of fading bad gamblers. He's a square.

a4u2fear
    TEASE IT
    a4u2fear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35459

Bizarre story I read, the Buffalo Bills have lost to the NFC Super Bowl team each year for the last 6 years, 2011 NYG, 2010 GB, 2009 NO, 2008 ARZ, 2007 NYG, 2006 CHI.

Pretty much means SF is going to the Super Bowl this year, those are some crazy odds of the Bills doing that last 6 years

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Sleeper- Dallas andDenver. Wait until they lose and then pound theirfutures if you havent already. Guarantee theyre in the SB.

SportsPedagogy

Quote Originally Posted by no gnu taxes View Post
    Hit a wall? I believe the Saints had over 500 yards offense in that game:

They lost for two reaons:

dumb turnovers and a defensive collapse in the last 2 minutes.
    Alot of those yards were in the 4th quarter when the Saints put up 18 points. Brees had to throw the ball 63 times to achive those numbers though. He had two picks and was sacked 3 time. (Admittedly i just looked up the stats to double check, but you are right, i wouldnt call it.. a "Wall" )

icancount2one
    Let's go NickFolian Dynamite!
    icancount2one's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 571

Oh man, I think Eagles, Broncos, and Niners have a very good shot.

SportsPedagogy

Quote Originally Posted by icancount2one View Post
    Oh man, I think Eagles, Broncos, and Niners have a very good shot.
    They do. We will see if the Eagles fix their "Soup Sandwich" though. Broncos and Niners have a very legit shot, but I had to pick 5 times so I went with my gut. Would have been boring if I picked the top 5 teams with the lowest payout lol.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by SportsPedagogy View Post
    I wrote this before the first games played. Thanks for the feedback guys
    I was gonna say... SF definitely deserves a notch above GB this year, they proved it on Sunday. GB's defense stinks.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Baltimore Ravens +1800

Denver Broncos +1900,

Chicago Bears +2600

blowseq
    Status? What status?
    blowseq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

Good writeup here!

SportsPedagogy

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post
    Baltimore Ravens +1800

Denver Broncos +1900,

Chicago Bears +2600
    Those are good values Pauly! I might throw some on em

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

I got futures on all but the Broncos now

haven't pulled the trigger on them yet

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

10 Teams basically all have the same shot

So actually like picking the lottery

Vesuvius
    Vesuvius's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

Eagles could make a run like last season, 49ers, Steelers once they get healthy ... not worth it, books know what they are doing

borednaz
    Swing Piggy Swing!
    borednaz's Avatar Become A Pro!

If the bet was To make it to the superbowl I think Washington & Denver both have a shot. Actually winning it though we'll realistically see Denver Vs NE/Pitt or 49ers Vs NE/Pitt .. So Denver/49ers seem like the pick.

I'd say though 100 on Washington might just be a worth while value.

accuscoresucks
    accuscoresucks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

are you spankys dad?

SportsPedagogy

Quote Originally Posted by borednaz View Post
    If the bet was To make it to the superbowl I think Washington & Denver both have a shot. Actually winning it though we'll realistically see Denver Vs NE/Pitt or 49ers Vs NE/Pitt .. So Denver/49ers seem like the pick.

I'd say though 100 on Washington might just be a worth while value.
    No way Washington makes it and no way Denver plays Pitt or NE in the Superbowl! Guarenteed

RonPaul2008
    Update your status
    RonPaul2008's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 243569

SF vs New England, Denver, or Baltimore and SF wins the Superbowl.
    2nd best team in the NFC is the Bears.

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

49ers didn't make your top 5?

Unreal.

Statman
    Statman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2733

Seems like a lot of people are on SF now...I know what they did last year and it was an impressive win in GB for week 1, but saying they'll win the SB is long stretch at this point don't you think? A lot can happen between now and week 17. If the Bears win tonight in GB, I'm sure their SB odds will drop big time.

zola
    zola's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1210

Eagles guys? When will this shit with them end? They will NOT win the SuperBowl. Michael Vick will NOT finish the season healthy.

NYSportsGuy210

[QUOTE=Statman;15998122]Seems like a lot of people are on SF now...I know what they did last year and it was an impressive win in GB for week 1, but saying they'll win the SB is long stretch at this point don't you think? A lot can happen between now and week 17. If the Bears win tonight in GB, I'm sure their SB odds will drop big time.[/
    QUOTE]

This explains why you are who you are and no one has ever heard of you pal.

icancount2one
    Let's go NickFolian Dynamite!
    icancount2one's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 571

Quote Originally Posted by zola View Post
    Eagles guys? When will this shit with them end? They will NOT win the SuperBowl. Michael Vick will NOT finish the season healthy.

This may actually be a blessing for the Eagles...

SportsPedagogy

Quote Originally Posted by NYSportsGuy210 View Post
    49ers didn't make your top 5?

Unreal.
    Your basing this off of week 1 right ? They looked good, but as stated, this was made before the season began

NYSportsGuy210

Quote Originally Posted by SportsPedagogy View Post
    Your basing this off of week 1 right ? They looked good, but as stated, this was made before the season began
    I am basing it off them having one of the top defenses the last 3 to 4 seasons and finally a coach who got Alex Smith to achieve and become productive. And last year this team probably should have won the Superbowl.

What sport are you watching exactly?

EvilBettor
    EvilBettor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

I don't think Chicago has a chance either! Cutler really isn't that good. I'd rather take Detroit with Matt Stafford instead.

I concur with NYSportsGuy210. Leaving out SF is a mistake. They are better than they were last season. I think they have a really good chance seeing the super bowl this year.

Good luck with that "guarantee".
    Last edited by EvilBettor; 09-15-12 at 06:30 PM. Reason: Removed quote.

12 Last