MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Blame the fukkin coach for punting in the first place with no fukkin long snapper

4th and 6 from midfield, 4th and inches, and now this last one where there was no chance of a successful punt happening

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4579

Damn. Where was the long snapper at, not covering Malcom Floyd.

hockey216
    hockey216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

dont blame the center. blame yourself for betting on carson palmer.

DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    are you serious? football is all about field position. that long snapper just gave the game away. and no i don't have money on either team.
    The raiders have had how many possessions? And they've put up 6 points. Doesn't seem to matter where they have the ball.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

adidas needs to sponsor that long snapper. subway needs to put him in ads. guy was a star, realize that now

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Anyone suggesting that the LS injury wasn't critical to this outcome is fooling themselves. SD drives starting on the OAK 28 & 39 off punt issues. The Chargers haven't had a significant drive in the entire second half, but are picking away at OAK with FGs. The Oakland defense has performed quite well at the line, but are soft in the secondary, gifting some huge completions to Rivers.

CapperGuy
    CapperGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 698

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    You guys that believe in norv turner n p rivers are complete squares
    I took Chargers purely because their WR's were injured and because Raiders have a brand new coaching staff. First game of the season, I had to fade that! The long snapper getting injured was a disaster for Raiders backers, it was a fun game until that.

uxley.2
    Update your status
    uxley.2's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    are you serious? football is all about field position. that long snapper just gave the game away. and no i don't have money on either team.
    Are you serious? Football is all about SCORING.

How many points have resulted from the two grounders?

How many points have the Raiders scored tonight?

The Seer
    The Seer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

It's killed them in field position.. They could have pinned SD a few times and instead gave them a short field. It also affects the Raiders play calling from where they are on the field not to mention demoralizing, etc. I'm surprised the Raiders have held up as well as they have.

DrStale

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post
    Anyone suggesting that the LS injury wasn't critical to this outcome is fooling themselves. SD drives starting on the OAK 28 & 39 off punt issues. The Chargers haven't had a significant drive in the entire second half, but are picking away at OAK with FGs. The Oakland defense has performed quite well at the line, but are soft in the secondary, gifting some huge completions to Rivers.
    Raiders were losing before any of the botched snaps. Have shown no offense since.

DrStale

I don't disagree that it has hurt them, but to say they would have won without those bad snaps simply isn't true.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

Quote Originally Posted by DrStale View Post
    The raiders have had how many possessions? And they've put up 6 points. Doesn't seem to matter where they have the ball.
    it was 10 - 6 at half time and 3 missed punt attempts gave sd 3 fgs. who knows what woulda happened if the raiders had their starting long snapper. but if you are saying that didn't affect the outcome of the game, keep fooling yourself and keep patting yourself on the back for backing the chargers...

suicidekings
    Update your status

An excellent analysis on the value of field position.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/sta...turnover-worth
    Points Awarded:

sneakerhead gave suicidekings 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

mngambler
    mngambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3057

weeee lovin it...same old bumbling Raadas...ez $

sneakerhead
    I NEED MONEY
    sneakerhead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1417

Quote Originally Posted by The Seer View Post
    It's killed them in field position.. They could have pinned SD a few times and instead gave them a short field. It also affects the Raiders play calling from where they are on the field not to mention demoralizing, etc. I'm surprised the Raiders have held up as well as they have.
    This.

/ thread.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

had oakland in the one contest

bad pick.

live and learn

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

You guys that believe in norv turner n p rivers are complete squares
    I fukkin hate both guys. Norv and Rivers two of my most hated in the NFL. Palmer is my most or 2nd most hated athlete after cutler. Anyone that bets on Palmer deserves to lose

uxley.2
    Update your status
    uxley.2's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't disagree that it has hurt them, but to say they would have won without those bad snaps simply isn't true.
    It hurts, but you're correct. Some people are making it seem like OAK was on scoring drives in the redzone and turned it over twice leaving 14 points off the board. Simple fact is they couldn't get anything done on offense tonight. That is the reason they lost.

The Seer
    The Seer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

Raiders were losing before any of the botched snaps. Have shown no offense since.
    I'm not saying they would have won either but if you pin SD and make them punt then you have much better field position. You have better play call options because you are not deep on your end of the field. After pinning SD deep and if Oak can get a few yards then they are in Janikowski fg range. Switch a few fgs around & this very easily could have been a different game. Either way, it's hard to believe the Raiders don't have anyone else that can snap it back there. That's embarrassing to say the least.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

lol not over yet. i'll laugh at all the sd backers thinking field position isn't important in football...
    Points Awarded:

Louisvillekid1 gave Ghenghis Kahn 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Louisvillekid1

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

You guys have to factor in 9 free pts Sd got, and the field position change..

Fukkin idiots, chargers are worst team in that division

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

You guys have to factor in 9 free pts Sd got, and the field position change..

Fukkin idiots, chargers are worst team in that division
    Palmer?

suicidekings
    Update your status

Losing 10-6. A one possession game. If Lechler is pinning the ball deep on those punts instead of giving up good field position to SD, the entire game plays out differently. Maybe the SD score doesn't creep up on the strength of FGs. Just a situation where you have to ignore the boxscore. I definitely learned a fair bit about both of these teams tonight.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

who hurt the long snapper? oh yeah, another raider

hanco21
    The Lord of No Rings..AJ Smith Egomaniac
    hanco21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2107

It helped but cost them the game. Chargers played steller D something they did not have last year. Cant take this great win away from them.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

You wanna know the worst thing about this? After kickoff I was at the bar and was talking to my boy Abd asked him how do you become a pro bowl long snapper? I said how often do you see bad snaps in the NFL?

I put the hex on us boys,

briedward
    briedward's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3395

Raiders lost also lost because Denaryius Moore didn't play - I got burned thinking he would play since he was reported as having practiced in a limited manner. Had Moore played, it could have been a blow-out.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21629

Quote Originally Posted by tatommack View Post
    My God everyone on the forum could long snap its not hard
    Unless you've actually tried to perform the job during an NFL game, I'm pretty sure you don't know that.

First 12