tshafer117
    tshafer117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 288

Really bad sunday for me!

And my cat died this morning....it was an omen!!!!!!

High3rEl3m3nt
    SBR's 7 figure Contractor
    High3rEl3m3nt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4134

you never should bet when emotional. I am sorry for your loss. I am not a cat person, but if you love your cat as much as I love my dogs, I would be near suicidal. Do you live in New York??

Bigbill365
    Big Money Bettors
    Bigbill365's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1016

its ok just double up on the 4pm games youll make some back

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

Everybody getting killed
    U are not alone

tshafer117

No I live in Las Vegas....but yeah it's killing me. Had to take her to the vet this morning cause she was on her side not getting up, she was seventeen years old. They said she had tumors and she was to old for surgery, so put her down. My bets were put in last night, so my bets just sucked not my emotions. Feel really bad, thinking about going and getting another cat tomorrow from the shelter

High3rEl3m3nt
    SBR's 7 figure Contractor
    High3rEl3m3nt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4134

T, you are a very good guy. Rescuing animals from the shelter makes you a top poster in my book!!! You gave that cat a good life.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Sorry for your loss. Probably should wait a bit before getting a new pet.

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Not to be a dick, but who are you playing later today?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Mr KLC

broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

don't bet any more today. pour yourself a your favorite beverage and just enjoy football being on tv. all the best

mr. leisure
    mr. leisure's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 33110

Sorry for your loss , good luck on your remaining plays

tshafer117

Well if you wan't to fade my later play it's Arizona....and thanks for the joke!! You weren't being a dick...I wish I could fade myself. Yeah I still have another cat who is 5 years old, I always keep 2 cats in my house. I'm gonna go to the shelter tomorrow, I like to adopt older cats because I know that nobody else will adopt them. Hopefully tomorrow they have a nice ugly old cat for me to keep, I like to save the ones that have no chance! Good luck on everyone else's late plays!! And have a great Sunday!
    Points Awarded:

Emily_Haines gave tshafer117 25 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: High3rEl3m3nt, and shari91

mynameismud
    mynameismud's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8427

sorry to hear about your cat. never been a huge cat person but me and an old ex-girlfriend got one 16 years ago and he is still with me today. i love him as much as i have loved any of my dogs. i will be devastated when he dies.

tshafer117

Yeah it's really a bad feeling when they die...I mean I was crushed. Especially when you have to put it down...it was such a hard choice. I broke down when I had to hold her as they put her down....the worst feeling you can have. They told me that she was in pain though...that's why she wasn't walking. I just wish surgery was an option...but they said she wouldn't heal well because of her age. Really sad way to pass away....I would of preferred a natural death

mynameismud

thats cool you adopt your animals instead of getting them from puppy/kitty mills. i do the same thing. either a rescue dog or one from a healthy bloodline breeder.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

You're a good man tshafer. Giving a pet a good life and then going out to rescue another one that most people will pass over says a lot about who you are. I don't really believe in karma but if I did I know AZ would kick some butt for you tonight. I'll be cheering for you. If you're in the mood share a pic of the new addition to your family when he/she gets settled in.

tshafer117

Yeah I never would pay for an animal when there are animals dying everyday in shelters. I like to do my best, if I was more wealthy I would have more cats but I'm pretty limited in my living space, and I always make sure I have enough money in case something goes wrong with any of my animals. Maybe when I land a better job and get out of college I will adopt more cats and dogs, it's just the right thing to do. It's amazing how much they love you for just taking care of them.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: mynameismud

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 408

Just lost my 18 year old cat a few months ago. I know what you're going through. The toughest part was trying to console my kids about it. Patches had been in our house since all of them were born, so it was devastating for them.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

tshafer is good people

tshafer117

Okay I will share a pic!!! Tomorrow I'm going after school to the shelter, so I will upload tomorrow!

tshafer117

Yeah I'm only 20 years old, and got that cat when my little brother was born from my parents. Since than I have lost my parents, that cat was a very special part of me!! At least she is no longer in pain

mynameismud

Quote Originally Posted by tshafer117 View Post
    Yeah I'm only 20 years old, and got that cat when my little brother was born from my parents. Since than I have lost my parents, that cat was a very special part of me!! At least she is no longer in pain
    youre very young. i will be 37 soon and have been through 5 pet deaths, and they dont get any easier. its the only downside to making animals a part of your family.

tshafer117

Thank you all for the support. There are great people on this forum, and I appreciate the kind support. God bless you all, and good luck this football season. Will post pics of my new addition tomorrow

Balco10
    Balco10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Sorry to hear about your lose. I have a 9 year old Chocolate Lab and hope I get at least another 6 years out of him. I feed him the best stuff, get him plenty of exercise, and lots of attention. Can't inmagine his last days! I would be crushed and near suicidal. I wish I had a lock for you today to make your day better. I personally like animals better than people. You sound like a nice person and wish you the best. I always thought about getting another dog before mine goes to ease the lose.

tshafer117

Yeah it still will be hard, but I think by saving another one it will help me out. I decided to take Under in the 49ers Packers game, Carolina ML, and Denver -2, all small wagers just to have action. Other than that...I've had a bad day. But we will bounce back! Any suggestions for names for my new cat tomorrow? I'm thinking a sports name haha

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Yeah, last comment was simply "tongue-in-cheek".

I have no opinion on that game.

However, my cat is my family at this point - so I have nothing but respect for people who go out of their way to get a distressed animal. Have always done the same thing, as far as adopting rather than buying.

Good luck!

tshafer117

Well Chalky Dog good luck on your later plays, hopefully your having a good week one!

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9788

arizona??? ouch,

pound seatle

tshafer117

Yeah took Arizona nearly a week ago, just because I live in Vegas and they were favorites by 4.5 so when I saw them as underdogs on dsi, I jumped on it. Figured it was free points, a good wager even if I lose