PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star
    PhillyFlyers's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by muldoon View Post
    That would explain why the right was OUTRAGED when Obama said if he got word OBL was in Pakistan, he'd strike and then apologize later.

Tora Bora dude - that was the Bush plan.

Really? That's funny because I don't remember anyone on the right coming out against that position.

muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyFlyers View Post
    Really? That's funny because I don't remember anyone on the right coming out against that position.
    Here's a few

On February 19, 2008, McCain spoke at a victory party for his win in the Wisconsin primary, and wondered: “Will we risk the confused leadership of an inexperienced candidate who once suggested bombing our ally, Pakistan?”
    Hannity claimed Obama said he would "maybe invade an ally like Pakistan and potentially create a theocracy with nuclear weapons," and described Obama's position as "frightening." Hannity's assessment was met with agreement by former Bush aide Karl Rove, who said: "[T]his goes back to the inexperience that he has. Remember, he -- you're right about Pakistan. We've talked briefly about what he said with regard to the rogue state." 5/12/2008]
    John Gibson - Fox News
    GIBSON: Barack Obama suggested we invade Pakistan, this week, he's a loser.
    LONG: Yes, he is, not quite yet, but I think he'll definitely be a loser in November, in about a year. Yeah I think that's going to be a definite loser. [Fox News, The Big Story, 8/3/2007, via Nexis]

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Here's a few
    I see nothing here that suggests that anyone on the right was outraged that OBL was killed in Pakistan.

From the quotes posted, it seems the outrage was at the possibility of invading an ally and creating a theocracy.

A completely different issue from taking out OBL in a small, one-time strike.

muldoon

I see nothing here that suggests that anyone on the right was outraged that OBL was killed in Pakistan.

From the quotes posted, it seems the outrage was at the possibility of invading an ally and creating a theocracy.

A completely different issue from taking out OBL in a small, one-time strike.
    The above quotes were in response to Obama saying this in 2008

I understand that President Musharraf has his own challenges. But let me make this clear: There are terrorists holed up in those mountains who murdered 3,000 Americans. They are plotting to strike again. It was a terrible mistake to fail to act when we had a chance to take out an al Qaeda leadership meeting in 2005. If we have actionable intelligence about high-value terrorist targets and President Musharraf will not act, we will.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

The above quotes were in response to Obama saying this in 2008
    But is he talking about a full scale invasion and occupation of an ally or small one-time strikes?

muldoon

But is he talking about a full scale invasion and occupation of an ally or small one-time strikes?
    He was referring to strikes, the right wing (in typical hyperbolic fashion) responded as though we'd be sending in 50,000 troops to occupy Islamabad

To sum up. He said he'd strike even if the ally said no. The right wing freaked out and tried to use it against him.

In the end, he did what he said he'd do. OBL = DOA

Hotdiggity11
    Hotdiggity11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 135

Quote Originally Posted by GUMMO77 View Post

Gotta love Mittens.

Might have another G.W. on our hands here.

Nah, GW actually won. Romney reminds me of John Kerry, hell they even live in the same state and look like Lurch.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22119

He was referring to strikes, the right wing (in typical hyperbolic fashion) responded as though we'd be sending in 50,000 troops to occupy Islamabad

To sum up. He said he'd strike even if the ally said no. The right wing freaked out and tried to use it against him.

In the end, he did what he said he'd do. OBL = DOA
    This is what the country is up against Muldoon. A guy this dense and unreachable. Good try tho. When Clinton create 20 million jobs the credit was all for the republican house with these shitbags. Now it is all Obamas fault. When Republicans had total control for six years and started this horrible ditch we are in now, it was some how all the democrats fault in 07 and 08 even tho filibustered followed every bill they tried to pass or a Bush veto. If it wasn't so sad with these asshats it would be pretty funny.
    Last edited by Thor4140; 09-10-12 at 07:11 PM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ChalkyDog, and wikkidinsane

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdiggity11 View Post
    Nah, GW actually won. Romney reminds me of John Kerry, hell they even live in the same state and look like Lurch.
    Knew he acted like Kerry, but the lurch was hilarious.

First 12