frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito
    frogsrangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5421

Bad coaching decisions galore today that hurt me, Bowling Green and Nevada

All I needed was Bowling Green to cover and I won a 3 team parlay and a 6 team parlay, they were up 15 points and were driving and within the Idaho 10, and they had it 3rd and 2 in the middle of the 4th quarter, so what do they do, they decided to get greedy and pass, instead of play it safe and run and get the 1st down or easy FG. The pass of course was forced into coverage and Idaho intercepts it, goes all the way to the 16 and gets the TD for the cover.

Why the fuk would you pass in that situation... up 15 in the middle of the 4th quarter and in the red zone on 3rd and 2 where all you need is a field goal to make it a 3 possession game,. Makes no sense to me at all. Terrible coaching decision that let Idaho within 1 possession and ruined my payday.

Then in the Nevada game.... did these Nevada defensive coaching boneheads not learn from their 2010 game against Boise State, where playing man coverage with no one deep almost cost them the game that night? Well I guess not because that is exactly what they did down the stretch against South Florida, playing single man coverage with no free safety playing deep, so of course their corners get burned for 2 TDs that gave South Florida the win, total bullcrap, and then when they recovered the onside kick they just ran straight up the middle not even trying to get the 1st down to seal the win. They played not to lose, instead of playing to win and it cost them and me.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

sitting on a lead and playing conservatively is just wrong. the other team is actually more revved up because they can tell what you're doing and know they will get the ball back if they put forth the effort. the other team no longer sees you as a threat but just an obstacle. i see this in basketball and football all the time.

keep scoring until you have a 3 possession game