milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    Bikes? Really?

Two wheels, handle bars and the seat. I understand Shari, she is female, but Mike? C'Mon man.
    Those are not the only pieces to assemble on the one i did.

I had to assemble gears, chain, and a bunch of other stuff - not as bad as the 100 pieces of the grill (or crib) but still pretty awful.

All depends on what youre buying, if it's cheap plastic crap then its probably easy and less pieces

chilidog
    chilidog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 956

Assembling a bicycle can be a pain in the ass, but that's why you support your local bike shop instead of the crap that Walmart sells.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Quote Originally Posted by chilidog View Post
    Assembling a bicycle can be a pain in the ass, but that's why you support your local bike shop instead of the crap that Walmart sells.
    I did! And they delivered it to me in a friggin box.

If I'd bought it from a chain store I could've paid a pimply teenager $15 to assemble the thing on the spot. It's ok though... I went out and bought a manly tool kit so I should be able to sort it out. If I can push a kid out of my body and figure out the snaps on a babysuit this should be easy!

milwaukee mike

One of my friends actually makes bikes if you guys are interested in high quality stuff, he also sells specialty bikes (like for large people)

http://schlickcycles.com/

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4579

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    Those are not the only pieces to assemble on the one i did.

I had to assemble gears, chain, and a bunch of other stuff - not as bad as the 100 pieces of the grill (or crib) but still pretty awful.

All depends on what youre buying, if it's cheap plastic crap then its probably easy and less pieces
    Yes I had to put the chain on, but not that hard. Oh yeah, I had to screw on the pedals and hook up the brakes too.

It was your normal 20 inch BMX for my son, not some plastic fisher price toy.

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    Yes I had to put the chain on, but not that hard. Oh yeah, I had to screw on the pedals and hook up the brakes too.

It was your normal 20 inch BMX for my son, not some plastic fisher price toy.
    For some of us 20 minutes of manual labor is too much

About 15 years ago i bought a bike and had it assembled, rode it back to my apartment 10-15 miles which is a lot for me.
    Less than a week later it got stolen from the underground garage and my biggest regret was having to ride it that far for nothing

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4579

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    For some of us 20 minutes of manual labor is too much

About 15 years ago i bought a bike and had it assembled, rode it back to my apartment 10-15 miles which is a lot for me.
    Less than a week later it got stolen from the underground garage and my biggest regret was having to ride it that far for nothing

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    Mods step away from the buffet for a god damn second...

in2thethickofit
    in2thethickofit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

More people are killed each year by idiotic Target/Walmart assemblers than die of cigarette smoking. They are high school kids that hate their jobs and do not care enough to tighten the bolts, brake pads, sprockets, chain drives etc...hire someone who loves you and they will do it right.

First 12