frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito
    frogsrangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5421

Why do people like Vanderbilt so much against Northwestern this Saturday?

Not sure if I understand the angle here, laying 3 points on the road for Vanderbilt.

They are good defensively, but offensively still have issues. Meanwhile Northwestern is at home, well coached, and can move the ball.

I have no play on this game, but I am not understanding why an overwhelming majority are on Vanderbilt -3.

marcojuiceman
    marcojuiceman's Avatar Become A Pro!

I will take Defense over Offense anyday

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

Vanderbilt should NEVER be a road fave

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    As usual Brock gets it

Northwestern won in a hostile environment last Saturday

They are confident going home

Meanwhile Vandy lost at home

If anything this game should be a PK

Oddsmakers giving us a trap line, I think its because of the Joe Q. Public "SEC > All" mindset, so the oddsmakers know that the public will gobble up anything SEC

firedawg
    firedawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1066

Vandy left it on the field against Carolina ..... It's north western for me.

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13581

Quote Originally Posted by firedawg View Post
    Vandy left it on the field against Carolina ..... It's north western for me.
    This is a valid consideration.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Just because they cant throw on USC consistently does not mean they will not throw it all over the field vs. Northwestern

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

Quote Originally Posted by marcojuiceman View Post
    I will take Defense over Offense anyday
    I also think Vandy is the more physical team which is all I know where to put my money.

dmtrader
    dmtrader's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2107

Nthwestrn + points is the play

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Vandy is SEC battle tested.......Both similar teams though....tough, well-coached squads

I like Rodgers as well.....South Carolina defense is a different animal

Northwestern doesn't have any Jadeveon Clowney's or Devin Taylor's, or even anything close

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito

Yeah but you could say Northwestern has a better offense than South Carolina

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by frogsrangers View Post
    Yeah but you could say Northwestern has a better offense than South Carolina
    Doubtful.....Connor Shaw hurt his throwing shoulder in the 2nd quarter and the backups were awful....So maybe for this one game they will be better

Nothing close to Marcus Lattimore on Northwestern, nothing close to the WR speed on Northwestern either

accuscoresucks
    accuscoresucks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

prolly cause vandy is 26 ranks better

MeatWad
    MeatWad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 221

Vandy will think they are playing an opponent moving in slow motion vs Northwestern after the Carolina game. Their offense, "which still has issues" will look like a well oiled machine vs a defense that can't hold a lead and gave up 596 yds to a Syracuse team who is clearly inferior to Vandy. Their defense has shown no ability to slow or stop even a mediocre team's O.

Expect Zac Stacy to emerge as a running threat this week with 100+yds rushing easily, as he won't be running against a lightning quick D with future NFL talent. Mathews already racked up 147 yds receiving against one of the better D's in the country, expect more of the same.

This is an experienced intelligent Vandy squad, they bounce back this week and win. There is a wide discrepancy in strength and speed between these teams.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: MoneyLineDawg

Matador
    Matador's Avatar Become A Pro!

Not sure if I understand the angle here, laying 3 points on the road for Vanderbilt.

They are good defensively, but offensively still have issues. Meanwhile Northwestern is at home, well coached, and can move the ball.

I have no play on this game, but I am not understanding why an overwhelming majority are on Vanderbilt -3.
    Actually, Vanderbilt is better on offense this year than they are on defense.

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have this as a toss up game. Homedogs are usually a solid angle in toss up games and +3.5 is a solid number.

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

There's ur answer. Nw will be a rubberband play

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Because Vandy wins by at least 7? Pretty simple answer really, Northwestern won't have its usual offensive success vs the Vandy defense and Rodgers will be able to pass on a Northwestern defense that made Syracuse look like the Patriots last week.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

People are forgetting that this is a legitimate SEC defense vs. a mid-level Big Ten team.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

SEC Vs. B1G is why.

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito

I like Northwestern at home here, but am not making a play

PickWinnerAllDay
    I'd never gamble again for Taylor Swift
    PickWinnerAllDay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

I will be at game frogs, and I advice you... if you like money, don't bet it on Northwestern.

You've been warned man.

MeatWad
    MeatWad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 221

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    SEC Vs. B1G is why.
    Always a good angle. In this situation you are taking an extremely well balanced, very experienced bowl winning SEC team against probably the 8th best team in a weaker conference. NW allowing almost 600 yds vs. a much less experienced syracuse O that was ranked around 90th in the nation last year is icing on the cake.

NW's style and gameplan will resemble a glorified high school team, while Vandy has already favorably faced a Def and Off with several future pro's on each side of the ball. Obviously anything can happen, NW will try to formulate a high variance strategy to ensure some chance at victory. The Vandy defense is legitimate and would be top 3 unit in the Big Ten.

hubie69
    I am JJs bookie
    hubie69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 617

Quote Originally Posted by MeatWad View Post
    Vandy will think they are playing an opponent moving in slow motion vs Northwestern after the Carolina game. Their offense, "which still has issues" will look like a well oiled machine vs a defense that can't hold a lead and gave up 596 yds to a Syracuse team who is clearly inferior to Vandy. Their defense has shown no ability to slow or stop even a mediocre team's O.

Expect Zac Stacy to emerge as a running threat this week with 100+yds rushing easily, as he won't be running against a lightning quick D with future NFL talent. Mathews already racked up 147 yds receiving against one of the better D's in the country, expect more of the same.

This is an experienced intelligent Vandy squad, they bounce back this week and win. There is a wide discrepancy in strength and speed between these teams.

Bump. This is correct. Northwestern is not a good team, and people seem to think they are because the hung a lot of points vs Syracuse last week. Vandy I imagine will be able to score at will again Northwestern

hubie69
    I am JJs bookie
    hubie69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 617

Although this isnt a game I'll have a personal stake in, so your mileage may vary.