PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star
    PhillyFlyers's Avatar Become A Pro!

NBA Talk: Andrew Bynum-What Impact Will He Have On The Eastern Conference?

Everybody in Philly seems to be buzzed about big Bynum coming here.

What is the real impact you think he will have or is he going to be a huge bust?

shady610
    shady610's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8603

It depends on his mentality. If he wants to be the best center, i think he can.

I believe he makes them the 3rd best team in the east behind miami and indiana

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by shady610 View Post
    It depends on his mentality. If he wants to be the best center, i think he can.

I believe he makes them the 3rd best team in the east behind miami and indiana
    Interesting. So you don't think he will be a bust?

Does he make them the best team in their division?

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

I don't think he'll be a bust at all, he's much too talented for that. However, most teams in the East are used to playing against Dwight Howard so I don't think he'll impact the entire conference much, if any. He should be a big boost to the 76ers however and if he sticks around long enough for them to build a team around him, I think they'll be competing against the Heat in the conference finals. Bynum can take a game over but has a bad attitude. Hopefully the coaching staff out there can keep him in check.

MC PICKS
    Update your status
    MC PICKS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 265

Sixers win 50 games this year.

greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

I wanted him down here in Houston real bad, Bynum as a #1 option will be a 25/15 guy this year, he has great skill.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

He's a stats guy and nothing else. Not a winner. Not a leader.

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Who in the east can stop him?

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by hawley View Post
    Who in the east can stop him?
    bro Bynum will stop himself. The guy is a loser. He won 2 rings dick riding Kobe. Contributing nothing.

He won't make it past the first round of the playoffs.

Miami
    Knicks
    Boston
    Bulls
    Pacers

all better than the 6ers.

hawley

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    bro Bynum will stop himself. The guy is a loser. He won 2 rings dick riding Kobe. Contributing nothing.

Miami
    Knicks
    Boston
    Bulls
    Pacers

Didn't say he will take Philly anywhere but I can't think of too many in the East that will stop him putting up big numbers. Especially if he gets a ton of touches

The Kraken

Not a winner? The guy has two fukking rings. Save your speal Goater, I know who he played with and his role. You have nothing backing your claim that he isn't a winner. In fact, he has done nothing but win since being in the league. Unreal.

Next you gonna tell me Lebron's not a winner and not a leader?

hawley

Kraken if Bynum turns up motivated and encouraged by being a number 1/2 option who stops him in the Eastern Conference?

The Kraken

Hawley, nobody stops him. Nobody stopped Howard either. I think you just try to limit the damage, know he's gonna get his #'s and don't let other guys beat you.

Tree Rollins
    Tree Rollins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1029

As someone who's watched hundreds of Laker games since Bynum got to LA, i can tell you that another major knee injury is inevitable.
    Bynum has had knee issues since he was 13 years old, his injuries are not a case of bad luck.

chingo
    On Da Grind
    chingo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 134

**** the nfl, cant wait till nba season is back!!

Goat Milk

Kraken,

Bynum didn't even play the 1st ring and in the 2nd ring he played 2 good games and then 5 bad ones. Bynum was a bum for those rings.

Hawley,

Yes. He will get a lot of touches and average 18 and 12. But Philly will be lucky to get a 6 seed. Chandler, Noah, Hibbert, Monroe, Horford/Josh Smith all guys that can guard Bynum. He will get numbers but he isn't the player and closer on both ends of the floor Iguadala is. Philly is regressing.

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

bynum will dominate the east.. philly is a hot ticket this season

tunaguitar76
    tunaguitar76's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 895

Doug Collins will have a heart attack or commit suicide by next years AS break.

If he didn't buy into the Lakers organization or a teammate/leader like Kobe, it's hard to think he is going to work his ass off in a city that is already treating him like the man. I'll guess he lives it up in Philly this year, misses around 30 games with various ailments, signs a max deal and becomes Derrick Coleman.

I'd like to think he will buy into what they are trying to do but it seems very unlikely. I'll probably be begging for a guy who's main issue is he doesn't like to go to practice.

Sportsbetting123
    Sportsbetting123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

Miami
    Knicks
    Boston
    Bulls
    Pacers

How are the Knicks and Celtics better than the Sixers at this point? I would rate them as behind Miami and the Bulls but I dont see the others.

biggie12
    biggie12's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 983

nonsense NBA talk is back!

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Kraken,

Bynum didn't even play the 1st ring and in the 2nd ring he played 2 good games and then 5 bad ones. Bynum was a bum for those rings.

Hawley,

Yes. He will get a lot of touches and average 18 and 12. But Philly will be lucky to get a 6 seed. Chandler, Noah, Hibbert, Monroe, Horford/Josh Smith all guys that can guard Bynum. He will get numbers but he isn't the player and closer on both ends of the floor Iguadala is. Philly is regressing.
    This is crazy brah.

How is Philly regressing? By obtaining potentially the most dominant big man in the NBA for an under-achieving Andre Iguodala?

You honestly think the Sixers were better with Iguodala than with Bynum?

Bynum gives the Sixers what they have always needed but almost always have lacked. A dominant big man.

Historically, when the Sixers have had a dominant big man, Wilt and Moses, they win the championship eventually.

It is the one organizational weakness they have always had.

Bynum is still relatively young but has tons of playoff experience already.

This was a win all the way for Philly brah.

mbo4422
    mbo4422's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

Bynum gives the Sixers a much better offensively balanced team. I'm excited about them this year if Bynum stays healthy, which remains to be seen as Bynum's minutes increase tremendously. But the pick up of Richardson is the biggest thing I'm excited about. With Bynum drawing double teams, defenses have to worry about Richardson's 3-point capabilities which opens things up for Turner to score easy buckets. With Doug Collins as the coach, I doubt they will drop off defensively. While Iggy was a good player and an all around likeable player, this trade was the best move I've seen from the Sixers in my lifetime.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by Sportsbetting123 View Post
    How are the Knicks and Celtics better than the Sixers at this point? I would rate them as behind Miami and the Bulls but I dont see the others.
    I'm going to make a large wager that Knicks take the 2 seed in the East next year.

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyFlyers View Post

This is crazy brah.

How is Philly regressing? By obtaining potentially the most dominant big man in the NBA for an under-achieving Andre Iguodala?

You honestly think the Sixers were better with Iguodala than with Bynum?

Bynum gives the Sixers what they have always needed but almost always have lacked. A dominant big man.

Historically, when the Sixers have had a dominant big man, Wilt and Moses, they win the championship eventually.

It is the one organizational weakness they have always had.

Bynum is still relatively young but has tons of playoff experience already.

This was a win all the way for Philly brah.
    1. Andre plays the most crucial position imo in basketball today and that's the sf position. The reason why is because all the best players in the world are sf's mostly or big sg's and andre can guard these positions at the end of games.

Who is going to guard any closer out of the east Joe Johnson Wade Bron Mello. Evan turner? Andre did the little things that need to be done and all the players on that team (who are very young) fed off his selflessness. Now Brand is another leader that's gone and didn't they lose their closer in Lou Will? Nick Young is no Lou.

2. You can't win a championship today with just a dominant big man. THe league is different today.

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

No way do the Knicks take the #2 seed in the East next season. However I do agree Philly took a big gamble on this guy considering he hasn't re-signed, he's immature and his knees inevitably will give out on him.