coop
    coop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

people have been citing their awful run differential for legitimately like 3 months now

so yeah

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32291

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysDrawing View Post
    Yeah, but their run differential after the all star break tells a different story.
    Tale of two halves indeed.
    Since the break, Reynolds has hit most of his homers this season.
    Orioles seem to have a different hero every night, they pass the baton.
    Lew Ford hasn't hit a homer since Jimmy Carter was in office, blasted a clutch long ball the other night.
    If it's not Ford, it's Adam Jones, etc. etc. etc.

I said it in April, I'll say it again, this team can rake.

Markakis is a big league hitter, power numbers are down some, only 14 big flies, but batting average is rock solid at .304, OBA is excellent at .369
    Adam Jones 26/68/.285 is impressive and like Markakis is a big time hitter.
    Wieters can take you deep anytime. And despite his low average and K rate, JJ Hardy can also take you deep anytime.
    Manny Machado looks like he's going to be a stud, that line up is not easy to negotiate.

I also said in April the O's can be dangerous, but will go as far as their pitching.
    Their rotation isn't really that good.
    Chen and Miggy Gonzalez are having fine seasons, their across the board numbers are sound, but after that, their starters are bad.
    Tommy Hunter - bad
    Brian Matuz - bad
    Jake Arieta - bad
    Brian - Tilman - bad

Now the bright side. Their bullpen.

Jim Johnson, depending of who you talk to is the best closer in the league this season. You want to argue Rodney, you can make a case for him too, but Johnson is 41 for 44 in save opps, and I read he is blowing the league away in 1 run saves.
    That's what I look for in a closer, protect that 1 run lead in the ninth, any jabroni can come in up 5-2 in the ninth and get the 6-7-8 hitters for a cheap save. All this from Johnson and he's not even a strikeout artist

Pedro Strop is a fine set up man.
    Ayala is dependable.
    O' Day has a 0.99 WH/IP 2 and change ERA
    Patton 0.98 WH/IP also 2 and change ERA
    Very underrated 'pen

@LT Profits.
    O's have been very kind to me this season money wise.
    I have cooled down the past 5 weeks, but when I was killing it earlier this season, and some of you were tailing me, O's were making us all bank in May at +165, +180 etc. etc. you guys remember.

They are 14-6 the past month, O's have been a mother freaking ATM for those tailing them.
    Here's proof

Game log for the 2012 Season -- Last 20 Games View all YTD
    Results
    Date Surf Opponent Pitcher Line OU Score Res OU
    09/04 Art at TORONTO BRITTON ZACH +100 8 12 Win Over
    09/03 Art at TORONTO SAUNDERS JOE +100 9 4 Win Under
    09/02 Nat at NY YANKEES TILLMAN CHRIS +140 9 5 Win Over
    09/01 Nat at NY YANKEES CHEN WEI-YIN +125 9 -1 Loss Under
    08/31 Nat at NY YANKEES GONZALEZ MIGUEL +175 9 5 Win Under
    08/30 Nat vs CHI WHITE SOX BRITTON ZACH -110 9 2 Win Under
    08/29 Nat vs CHI WHITE SOX SAUNDERS JOE -115 8.5 -7 Loss Over
    08/28 Nat vs CHI WHITE SOX TILLMAN CHRIS +125 7.5 6 Win Under
    08/27 Nat vs CHI WHITE SOX CHEN WEI-YIN -115 8.5 1 Win Under
    08/25 Nat vs TORONTO JOHNSON STEVE -105 8.5 6 Win Over
    08/24 Nat vs TORONTO BRITTON ZACH +100 8.5 2 Win Over
    08/22 Nat at TEXAS HUNTER TOMMY +185 9.5 -9 Loss Over
    08/21 Nat at TEXAS TILLMAN CHRIS +170 9.5 2 Win Under
    08/20 Nat at TEXAS GONZALEZ MIGUEL +160 9.5 -4 Loss Under
    08/19 Nat at DETROIT CHEN WEI-YIN +160 7.5 2 Win Over
    08/18 Nat at DETROIT BRITTON ZACH +170 9 1 Win Under
    08/17 Nat at DETROIT HUNTER TOMMY +240 7.5 -2 Loss Over
    08/16 Nat vs BOSTON TILLMAN CHRIS +125 8.5 -3 Loss Over
    08/15 Nat vs BOSTON GONZALEZ MIGUEL -125 9 2 Win Under
    08/14 Nat vs BOSTON CHEN WEI-YIN -105 8.5 6 Win Under

@ everybody who scoffs at run differential.
    How'd that work out for the NYY in 1960

Game 1 at Forbes Field: Pirates 6, Yankees 4
    Roger Maris sent Cy Young Award-winner Vernon Law's pitch to deep right field, giving the Yankees the first lead of the series. But the Pirates would answer right back in the bottom of the inning with Dick Groat's RBI double and Bob Skinner's and Roberto Clemente's RBI singles. Pittsburgh would tack on three more runs, and Law would pitch seven quality innings to give the Pirates a 1-0 lead in the best of seven.

Game 2 at Forbes Field: Yankees 16, Pirates 3
    The Yankees connected on 19 hits and scored 16 runs to even the series at one game apiece. Pirates starter Bob Friend suffered his first of two losses. New York shortstop Tony Kubek had three hits, and Mickey Mantle redeemed himself after Game 1's 0-for-3 effort with two homers, three runs scored and five RBIs.

Game 3 at Yankee Stadium: Yankees 10, Pirates 0
    The third game of the series was much like the second. The Yankees took a 6-0 lead in the first, courtesy of second baseman Bobby Richardson's gram slam to left field. In front of 70,001 fans, New York ace Whitey Ford, pitched a complete-game, four-hit shutout.

Game 4 at Yankee Stadium: Pirates 3, Yankees 2
    Law shut down the Yankees for the second time, allowing only two runs on eights hits in 6 1/3 innings of work. Elroy Face picked up his second save of the series, and center fielder Bill Virdon's RBI single in the fifth proved to be the game-winner.

Game 5 at Yankee Stadium: Pirates 5, New York 2
    The Pirates took a 4-2 lead after three innings and added one more in the top of the ninth to stun the Yankees for the second game in a row at New York. Harvey Haddix limited the Yankees to two runs on five hits, and Face saved his series-leading third game to put the Pirates one win away from a world championship.

Game 6 at Forbes Field: Yankees 12, Pirates 0
    Ford threw nine more goose eggs at the Bucs, and the New York offense -- led by Yogi Berra's 3-for-4, two-RBI effort -- banged out 17 hits in 41 at-bats to stretch the series to a seventh game.

Game 7 at Forbes Field: Pirates 10, Yankees 9
    The Yankees took a 7-4 lead into the bottom of eighth. With none out and a runner on first, Virdon drilled a perfect double-play ball to short, but it bounced and struck Kubek in the throat. The play would allow the Pirates to score five runs and take a 9-7 lead. The Yankees pounded right back, scoring two to tie the game in the top of the ninth, setting the stage for Bill Mazeroski's at-bat in the bottom of the inning. The Pirates second baseman sent Ralph Terry's second pitch over the left-field fence to give the Pirates their third World Series title and first since 1925.

Boner_18
    Update your status
    Boner_18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1031

Quote Originally Posted by Boner_18 View Post
    Ive got an OS future at +25000 btw.... Gambollllllll
    Quote Originally Posted by VegasInsider View Post

Might as well start thinking about your hedge now...
    5 to win 1250!!! Worth ~$60 now!!! I made it booooyzzzz!!!

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

people really under estimate, how much difference a great manager makes.

First 12