Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 283

Just Joined My First Poker Subscription Site

I have never been a big time gambler, and stopped gambling money about a year ago. I found Texas Hold'em about 8 months ago, and felt it was time to take the next step. I have been playing on PurePlay for the last month, and really like their setup. Went ahead and joined their "Player Club" today (about $17 a month). Thought this was an even medium to not have major risk, but still enjoy trying to make a little money on the side. Already qualified for a $200 tournament final on Saturday, by coming in 2nd out of about 173 players in a qualifier this morning. Wish me luck!

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Why did you choose this one over the WPT site?

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Why did you choose this one over the WPT site?
    I'm just comfortable with their layout. Didn't have to download any poker software, and already have a relationship with a few players there, like I do here. Might do WPT down the line, if I do OK with this one.

High3rEl3m3nt
    SBR's 7 figure Contractor
    High3rEl3m3nt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4134

good job! Seems like a lot of grinding. I just want to sit down at a 6 player cash game and gamble away. This site offer me what I want?

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    I'm just comfortable with their layout. Didn't have to download any poker software, and already have a relationship with a few players there, like I do here. Might do WPT down the line, if I do OK with this one.
    Cool man.

On a similar site like this, is where I cut my teeth with poker.

It's a good site to learn, understand the basics of the game, and not have to worry about getting hurt financially.

Good luck.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9617

8 months ago, another 18 year old poster?

play on merge and cake sites for free

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    8 months ago, another 18 year old poster?

play on merge and cake sites for free
    Actually I'll be 44 next month. Married 21 years with 3 kids, one in college.

mrmarket
    Update your status
    mrmarket's Avatar Become A Pro!

Save the $17 bucks a month KLC. These sites are considered sweepstakes. You can join them free. This one is taken from clubWPT.com

5) You do not need to become a VIP member to participate in tournaments. Alternative means of tournament entry. OFFLINE, NO-PURCHASE-NECESSARY, METHOD OF ENTRY: As an alternate means of entry into Club tournaments, a player must:
    1. Register as a free player and download and install the Software; and

1. For each period that you want to participate in Club tournaments, each player must send a 3 inch x 5 inch card on which the player has legibly handwritten their Username, First and Last Name, Complete Mailing Address (e.g. Street, City, State, ZIP code), Email Address, and Date of Birth. Each card must be placed in a single separate envelope, and mailed to 1920 Main St., Suite 1150, Irvine, CA 92614. Multiple cards in a single envelope are not acceptable. If multiple cards are sent in a single envelope only one card chosen in our sole discretion, will be processed. Kentucky residents may request postage reimbursement by writing "Please reimburse postage" on the 3 inch x 5 inch card. Reimbursement will be in the form of one first-class U.S. Postal Service postage stamp. No photocopies, reproductions or facsimiles of the 3 inch x 5 inch card are allowed. The usage of a service to provide the production of the 3 inch x 5 inch card will not be allowed.

1. For each individual registration, the Player will be given a 30-day period of VIP Membership to the Club. The period will begin on the Monday following the day the mail-in entry is processed.

1. Approved mail-in entries will receive Tournament Points and Play Chips in accordance with Section 1.4 above or will have access to any Tournament Points they have accumulated in the past if greater than 500 Tournament Points and any Play Chips they have accumulated in the past if greater than 20,000 Play Chips. Tournament Points and Play Chips accumulated during previous periods will remain with the player's account.

1. We will post a listing of all upcoming tournaments in the game lobby. The game lobby is viewed by accessing the Software and clicking on the tournament game links.

1. We shall not be responsible for late, lost, illegible, incomplete, stolen, misdirected, mutilated or postage-due mail. We will advise you of your eligibility dates by email. The odds of winning any prize will be the same by mail in entry as by online VIP membership in the Club. The odds of qualifying through a qualifying tournament will be the same by mail in entry as by online VIP membership in the Club, and all participants entering through this means will be accorded equal opportunities to participate and win in events held at the Club, and will depend on the number of entrants.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9617

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    Actually I'll be 44 next month. Married 21 years with 3 kids, one in college.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Played in a $1000 tourney tonight where the first prize was $300. Came in 4th place out of 1400 players. Ended up landing $100 tonight! It might not be a lot to some of the higher rollers here, but it still felt damn good to come out with some money on only my 3rd day after joining. I came out at #146 out of over 1300 players in the same tournament last night. I don't know if I'm getting better, lucky, or if all these guys on that site suck, but I'm going to bed happy tonight, nonetheless.