frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito
    frogsrangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5421

Why, Rocky Long, Why?

Why have you gone for two point conversions TWICE? And when you scored a TD to pull within 21-12 in the 4th quarter, why go for 2? Why? Why not kick the extra point and make it a one posession game? Now that you failed its a 2 possession game. Do you trust your defense and offense that much?

Today must be dumbass coaching decision day and I have been burned by all 3 poor decisions I have seen

The others were Colorado coach going for it on 4th & Goal down by 1 point, and the Western Michigan coach kicking a 53 yard field goal on 4th and 2 down by 17 when the offense was moving the ball at will.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

The stupidity of coaches -- especially when it comes to going for 2 -- never ceases to amaze me.

Going for 2 should be a last resort -- only as a necessity. Instead, these fools do it in the third quarter.

How about the BC coach today -- down 11 with about 3 minutes left and they go for it on 4th-and-goal from the 1. Was he planning to go for 5 had they scored? Because if not, last I checked, they needed that field goal as part of the equation.

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito

Funny you mention that BC game, I had BC +8.5 in a teaser... needed that FG and it was the game that ruined my ticket

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    The stupidity of coaches -- especially when it comes to going for 2 -- never ceases to amaze me.

Going for 2 should be a last resort -- only as a necessity. Instead, these fools do it in the third quarter.

How about the BC coach today -- down 11 with about 3 minutes left and they go for it on 4th-and-goal from the 1. Was he planning to go for 5 had they scored? Because if not, last I checked, they needed that field goal as part of the equation.
    I was watching that and I'm pretty sure the play clock had a lot to do with it. They thought they had scored on third down, the refs got together and discussed it meanwhile the clock is ticking. Then they call it down on the 3 inch line, no review, and there isn't time to get the kicking team on.

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito

Please tell me SDSU is not going to go for it here

Do they not have a field goal kicker?

Only explanation for this boneheadedry.

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Washington won't score anyway

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito

why why why why whyyyyyyy

WHY?

WHY?

Do you not have a field goal kicker?

News flash: When you are down by 9 with 6 minutes in the 4th quarter, you kick the fukin field goal on 4th and 7 from the 14 yard line.

turtlejc
    turtlejc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

something is wrong with the kicker, word on twitter

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito

Do they not have a backup? They are 30 minutes from Tijuana, I am sure they could find a soccer mexican who has a leg to at the very least kick extra points and chip shots

Inkwell77
    Inkwell77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2413

this game is unreal

do they really not have a kicker? If wash scores here

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito

I am on SDSU +14.5 these missed extra points and field goals are killer

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Quote Originally Posted by frogsrangers View Post
    I am on SDSU +14.5 these missed extra points and field goals are killer
    Isn't it a 9point game?

jeffdane
    jeffdane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

There is conventional football and then there is the plan thatSan Diego State head coach Rocky Long is considering.

Long, in his second season with the Aztecs, is looking at the mathematics involved in not punting the football once his team crosses over midfield, regardless of distance on fourth downs. With just days until his team starts the season on the road at Washington, it seems that the numbers have given Long something to consider.
    "We had one of our professors in our business school on campus (Monday) come over here and go over a system we are thinking about using," Long said. "We'll have a chart come game time that will determine what we do in different situations."
    The unorthodox plan is following in the path of Little Rock (Ark.) Pulaski Academy and its head coach Kevin Kelley. Kelley looked at the numbers several games into the 2007 football season and has gone all-in, choosing not to punt regardless of field position and rarely kick the ball deep on kickoffs.

part of an article on Long. he must have said fuk kickers too.

turtlejc
    turtlejc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

sucks i lost my bet, wishing sdsu would have beat them chumps