tatommack
    cowboys make the playoffs
    tatommack's Avatar Become A Pro!

will the redskins draft this over hyped black qb

In next years draft. This game should show he is not NFL caliber. I'm sure some bone head team will draft him.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4627

Raiders.

Fieldysnuts44
    @poker table near you
    Fieldysnuts44's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Vikings like black QBs too

5teamparlay
    WINNING!!!
    5teamparlay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1223

Looking good!!

http://www.fredericknewspost.com/sec...8#.ULFDz7-9Kc0

Griffin III's 'Cool Hand' has surging Redskins in playoff hunt
    Originally published November 24, 2012

By AP

WASHINGTON -- Over five days, Robert Griffin III completed 34 of 43 passes with eight touchdowns to six different receivers and earned the nickname "Cool Hand Luke" from his coach.
    Now he'll get to see exactly who this "Cool Hand Luke" guy is.

Mike Shanahan said Friday he's sending Griffin a DVD of the 1967 Paul Newman movie referenced by the coach after the Washington Redskins' 38-31 Thanksgiving win over the Dallas Cowboys. The movie came to Shanahan's mind because he felt that Griffin is the type of player who "doesn't get too upset about anything."

But RG3 had no idea who or what "Cool Hand Luke" is, laughing and telling reporters it must be someone who is "pretty cool."

So Shanahan said he's texted Griffin to explain and that a copy of the movie is on the way -- and that he understands why a 22-year-old quarterback wouldn't know anything about a 45-year-old movie.

"I did let him know it was a compliment," Shanahan said.

For any other player, the episode might be a bit of trivia swallowed up in a big victory, but nothing about RG3 is trivial. He is proving worthy of the big stage, and he's stepping up his game at just the right moment, so much so that another three-word description is starting to emerge: "potential MVP candidate."

The Redskins were on the ropes less than a week ago, and the scuttlebutt was that defenses were starting to figure Griffin out or that he had hit the rookie wall after a pair of subpar performances that sank the team's record to 3-6, prompting Shanahan to sound like a coach who had given up on the playoffs.

Then came a perfect 158.3 quarterback rating with four touchdown passes in a 31-6 win over the Philadelphia Eagles, followed by a 132.6 rating and four more TDs in the Redskins' first Thanksgiving win over the Cowboys in franchise history. Griffin is also the first Washington player to throw for four scores in consecutive games.

"We're clicking at this point, and we're clicking at the right time," Griffin said, "because this is what we have to do. Every game is important. Every game could be like the last game of our season."

The Redskins are 5-6, behind only the New York Giants (6-4) in the NFC East. The Giants host the Green Bay Packers tonight. If they lose, first place will be on the line when they visit Washington the following Monday night.

The win-or-else mentality has reached the point that Shanahan opted to receive when he won the coin toss Thursday instead of deferring to the second half, as he did earlier in the season.

"It's what I always do in playoff time," he said. "I always take the ball."

Griffin remains one of the most accurate passers in the league, completing 67.5 percent of his passes with only four interceptions. The receivers who were much-maligned a few weeks ago are starting to come into their own as a group. Pierre Garcon, who returned to the lineup Sunday despite a torn ligament in a toe on his right foot, reached backward to snag the ball for a 59-yard catch-and-run touchdown against the Cowboys.

"It's not a finished product by any means, but we're on the right track," Shanahan said. "I think there's definitely a sense of urgency when you know that you cannot stumble."

Notes: Shanahan expects rookie LB Keenan Robinson to be out for the season with a torn pectoral muscle. The coach was awaiting the results from the MRI but said: "Right now, it doesn't look good." ... Shanahan said he didn't expect LB London Fletcher to play because of a sprained right ankle, but Fletcher started, had an interception and played in his 235th consecutive game. "I'm never counting him out again," Shanahan said. Fletcher reinjured the ankle during the game and needs some extra days of rest, which is exactly what the Redskins can give him with 10 days between games.

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

5teamer remember you bumped that thread saying get your ORE futures in and Bama is toast

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9776

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4627

I'm confused. This thread wasn't about RGIII, right?

09-01-12 06:43 PM
    I think it was for Denard Robinson.

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Fail

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

RG3 looks good now but will he have a sophmore slump like Cam next season?

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Moptop is a stud

Future HOF

bb_skoots
    bb_skoots's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 389

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    I'm confused. This thread wasn't about RGIII, right?

I think it was for Denard Robinson.
    This thread cant be about RG3 (09-01-12) .

tatommack
    cowboys make the playoffs
    tatommack's Avatar Become A Pro!

This thread was about denard Robinson good try though

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by tatommack View Post
    This thread was about denard Robinson good try though
    Why would the Redskins draft Denard?

tatommack