Monitor-Tan
    Tony Romo of Daily Fantasy
    Monitor-Tan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 428

Which Fantasy Team Looks the best? Time for the Gurus to check in.

8 team, which team looks the best.? NON PPR. Any inputs are welcomed
    Team 1:

Michael Vick
    Julio Jones
    Brandon Marshall
    Arian Foster
    Adrian Peterson
    Brandon Petigrew
    Hakeem Nicks
    Eric Decker
    Jay cutler
    Seattle Defense
    Rob Bironas

Team 2:

Matt Ryan
    Larry Fitzgerald
    Jordy Nelson
    Lesean Mccoy
    Steven Jackson
    Rob Gronkowski
    Jeremy Maclin
    Jonathan Stewart
    Philip Rivers
    Jermaine Gresham
    Mason Crosby
    San Fran Defense

Team 3:

Drew Brees
    Calvin Johnson
    AJ Green
    Trent Richardson
    Doug Martin
    Vernon Davis
    Brandon Llyod
    Ahmad Bradshaw
    RG3
    Tony Gonzo
    David Akers
    Chicago Defense

Team 4:

Aaron Rodgers
    Andre Johnson
    Dez Bryant
    Jamaal Charles
    Michael Turner
    Jimm yGraham
    Antonio Brown
    Darren Sproles
    Dwayne Bowe
    Toby Gerhart
    Andrew Luck
    Dan Bailey
    Jets

Team 5:

Cam Newton
    Colston
    Miles Austin
    Darren McFadden
    Demarco Murray
    Jason Witten
    Ryan Matthews
    Eli Manning
    Mike Wallace
    Vincent Jackson
    Anquan Boldin
    Stephen Gowstoskis
    Detroit Defense

Team 6:

Tony Romo
    Greg Jennings
    Wes Welker
    Chris Johnson
    Marshawn Lynch
    Antonio Gates
    Stevie Johnson
    Torrey Smith
    The Law Firm
    Fred Davis
    Ryan Fitzpatrick
    Robbie Gould
    Baltimore Defense

Team 7:

Tom Brady
    Roddy White
    Percy harvin
    Matt Forte
    MJD
    aaron Hernandez
    Jermichael Finley
    Pierre Garcon
    Big Ben
    Sebastian Janikowski
    Pittsburg Defense

Team 8:

Matthew Stafford
    Victor Cruz
    Steve Smith (Carolina)
    Ray Rice
    Fred Jackson
    Greg Olsen
    Demariyus Thomas
    peyton manning
    Frank Gore
    Desean Jackson
    Peyton Hillis
    Jason Hanson
    Philly Defense

TxAaron
    TxAaron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 133

You start 2 QBs and 2 flex?

Monitor-Tan

1 qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, 1 te, 1 k, 1 dst

Monitor-Tan

Need ur input boys!

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Hard to gague an 8 team league because all the teams are going to be stacked. Just giving the teams a quick glance, I'd probably say team 1, assuming Vick stays healthy. Julio, Marshall and Nicks will all be WR1's, that owner will have a tough time deciding which two of those three to start. Arian is the best RB, and if healthy, AP will be a top 7 RB.

The other 7 teams are pretty comparable. Obviously there are no bad teams because it is an 8 man league. I think the weakest team is Team 3, but only because their RB's are a bit weak. Trent Richardson is not a RB1, and Doug Martin is not a RB2 in a 8 team league.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Is it PPR? If Not, Team 2 has the best starters. If Yes, then Team 4 IF Sproles starts over Turner.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy88 View Post
    Hard to gague an 8 team league because all the teams are going to be stacked. Just giving the teams a quick glance, I'd probably say team 1, assuming Vick stays healthy. Julio, Marshall and Nicks will all be WR1's, that owner will have a tough time deciding which two of those three to start. Arian is the best RB, and if healthy, AP will be a top 7 RB.

The other 7 teams are pretty comparable. Obviously there are no bad teams because it is an 8 man league. I think the weakest team is Team 3, but only because their RB's are a bit weak. Trent Richardson is not a RB1, and Doug Martin is not a RB2 in a 8 team league.
    Team 1 is weak because it has 2 guys on my "Avoid at All Costs" list. (Vick, AP).

Resler
    Resler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

8 teams???? What a worthless league. Where is the challenge in that?

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Team 8 will EXPLODE!!!!

Br0nxer
    July 2012 Poster of the Month
    Br0nxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

Liking team 5

If run dmc can stay healthy he is going to have a monster fukkin yr. Plus you got Cam

Matthews is a fukkin bum

Killed me last yr

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by Br0nxer View Post
    Liking team 5

If run dmc can stay healthy he is going to have a monster fukkin yr. Plus you got Cam

Matthews is a fukkin bum

Killed me last yr
    Matthews doesn't matter, Murray is the second starter. I'm just not thrilled with 5's receivers.

Br0nxer

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Matthews doesn't matter, Murray is the second starter. I'm just not thrilled with 5's receivers.

My bad

Thought it was a league where u start more then 2rbs

Wide outs are a little weak but rb way more important

Between mcfadden and murray if both healthy all year you have the potential for 3000 yds and 24+tds

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9788

8 teamer, all good, sorry

if i had to pick 1, i pick team 1 and i think team 5 is not even top 5

Speedy88

Team 1 is weak because it has 2 guys on my "Avoid at All Costs" list. (Vick, AP).
    Vick and AP are high-risk/high-reward guys. They will either win you your league, or kill you in your league. I don't think I'll take the chance on AP in my league only because he probably won't drop past pick 24. But if Vick is on the board at the right time, I'm thinking of taking him. I think this is the year Vick stays healthy. Players stay healthy when you least expect them too, just like Stafford last year.

People who gauge players based off injury make no sense to me. Last year Vick was a top 5 pick in every league and people knew he was injury prone. He has an injury riddled 2011 season and now nobody wants to touch him. Yet everyone knew he was injury prone last year. Last year nobody wanted Staff because of his previous injuries, he has one healthy season and now everyone wants to take him in the top 15.

Run DMC and Vick will both stay healthy this year.....I can feel it. I plan on taking either one of them if they fall to the right spot.
    Last edited by Speedy88; 08-31-12 at 06:12 PM.

Br0nxer

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    8 teamer, all good, sorry

if i had to pick 1, i pick team 1 and i think team 5 is not even top 5
    Team 1

AP nothing but a smoke show now

Best days behind him

I wouldnt draft him till at least 3rd round

Go eat some more government cheese

LT Profits

Vick and AP are high-risk/high-reward guys. They will either win you your league, or kill you in your league. I don't think I'll take the chance on AP in my league only because he probably won't drop past pick 20. But if Vick is on the board at the right time, I'm thinking of taking him. I think this is the year Vick stays healthy. Players stay healthy when you least expect them too, just like Stafford last year.

People who gauge players based off injury make no sense to me. Last year Vick was a top 5 pick in every league and people knew he was injury prone. He has an injury riddled 2011 season and now nobody wants to touch him. Yet everyone knew he was injury prone last year. Last year nobody wanted Staff because of his previous injuries, he has one healthy season and now everyone wants to take him in the top 15.

Run DMC and Vick will both stay healthy this year.....I can feel it. I plan on taking either one of them if they fall to the right spot.
    Vick is crap and AP probably won't play full-time until Week 6, IF that soon. Both are wasted picks.

Speedy88

Vick is crap and AP probably won't play full-time until Week 6, IF that soon. Both are wasted picks.
    Vick is a top 5 fantasy QB when healthy. He'll stay healthy. I heard the same crap about Stafford being injury prone last year and he made it through the season. What makes you say that about AP? From everything I've heard, he is close to returning, and should be a full go by week 3. AP at 75% is better than 75% of the starting RB's in this league.

I don't buy into recent trends. Everyone is all over Cam's nuts after his rookie year, and no one wants anything to do with Vick after a bad 2011 season. Vick will finish with more fantasy points than Cam this year.....just watch.

LT Profits

Vick is a top 5 fantasy QB when healthy.
    He is not even top 20. Vick has ONE (count 'em) good passing year in his career and that was only because the Eagles had the good fortune of playing many of the wort secondaries in the NFL that season. He is probably the single most overrated player in the NFL at any position, and I always smile when he is drafted early.

Speedy88

He is not even top 20. Vick has ONE (count 'em) good passing year in his career and that was only because the Eagles had the good fortune of playing many of the wort secondaries in the NFL that season. He is probably the single most overrated player in the NFL at any position, and I always smile when he is drafted early.
    Is he overrated as an NFL QB? Yes. However I'm takling about FANTASY football. And top 20, no way. Name 20 QB's right now you'd rather have over Vick. Looking forward to your list.

LT Profits

Is he overrated as an NFL QB? Yes. However I'm takling about FANTASY football. And top 20, no way. Name 20 QB's right now you'd rather have over Vick. Looking forward to your list.
    He is overrated in Fantasy too. What is he good for? He doesn't even run as much as he used to. And I am not going to put my list on the forum as I have 3 drafts in the next 4 days.

LT Profits

I CAN tell you that IF I had Vick on my QB list (which I don't as I dropped him entirely), I would place him 24th as of now,

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

Not even going to rate a 8 team league.

Good luck though, which ever team is yours.

Speedy88

He is overrated in Fantasy too. What is he good for? He doesn't even run as much as he used to. And I am not going to put my list on the forum as I have 3 drafts in the next 4 days.
    I agree, he doesn't run like he used to. A lot of that has to do with the Eagles trying to protect him, but I do believe he is an improved passer since his Atlanta days. His 2010 season was a bit of a fluke, but so was his 2011 season. I think if he stays healthy, he'll be somewhere inbetween his past two seasons as an Eagle. Last year he got absolutely no help from his WR's with DeSean Jackson "not trying hard because he didn't want to get hurt in his contract year," and Jeremy Maclin's shoulder and hamstring injuries. It looks like DJax and Maclin will be a full go.

When it comes to Vick in fantasy, i never question is ability on the field, it just comes down to can he stay healthy.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

If you want M.Vick, you will be wasting another earlier pick for a solid back-up QB. Which you could of used for another decent RB or WR. Just not worth the worry of having M.Vick as your QB. My opinion anyway.