zoo youk
    zoo youk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1197

Michigan State is going to embarrass Boise State

Boise States cute little run of upsets on the first game of the season over credible opponents is over.

State has one of the most ferocious defenses in the nation and Boise will be replacing all their skill players. good luck with that. Mich State always fills their gaps, never loses containment, you rarely ever see them blow a coverage on defense, they are always were they are supposed to be and are one of the best tackling teams in the nation.

Bell is going to run circles around that Boise defense that lost quite a few players and some to the draft.

Mich State ML BIG

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito
    frogsrangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5421

Disagree

tatommack
    cowboys make the playoffs
    tatommack's Avatar Become A Pro!

Breaking news cousins was drafted by the foreskins

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Yeah.....

BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2158

Take Boise State ML and Michigan State -14 Alternatives hahah

Crock Landers
    Crock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!

Michigan State is a huge play

zoo youk

Quote Originally Posted by frogsrangers View Post
    Disagree
    you know i value your opinion, could ya explain why?

snatch83
    snatch83's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 164

Something has to give....

With MSU being 14-0 at home and Boise being like 6-0 in season openers (not sure on the exact number) something has to give. Both Boise and MSU lost big skill players on offense and both lost their starting QB's. The offense on both teams should be a little slow but I have to give the edge to MSU because of the returning OL from last year. I also give the running game edge to MSU.

Boise's D lost quite a few players with MSU returning a lot of their starters, edge MSU.

For the bet I find the edge to be in the total. I think the best play here would be the under due to strong D on MSUs side and slow offense's by both sides. I also think ML on MSU is safe but not the real edge.

Good luck....

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

no clue about college

but i know msu and mich

msu doesn't blow out teams. they win by field goals. or like 9 points. they are that type of team. they never dismantle teams

laxdjock
    Anyone but the SEC.
    laxdjock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

I'm leaning towards the Under...but I'm still kicking it around.

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito

Quote Originally Posted by zoo youk View Post
    I will when I get home I am still at LVH

cankid
    cankid's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10352

msu d is the real deal

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito

Because its just a bad idea to go against Boise State, this is the role they thrive in, their 3 losses since 2007 have all been as favorites and even then they lost by 1 point in each of those games. They always get up for these games.

When Boise State is an underdog and no one gives them a chance, they win. Just look at their past. Oklahoma in 2006, Oregon in 2008/2009, the 2010 Fiesta Bowl against TCU they were huge dogs, 2010 Virginia Tech, Georgia last year, list goes on

Yeah they might have lost Doug Martin and Kellen Moore, but I don't care, this is a successful program not because of individual players but because of the system and culture.

They might not win, but they are going to make Michigan State earn it, Boise State will be able to match up toe for toe here.

Plus Joe Southwick has experience, and studied for years under Kellen Moore, is finally getting his shot and I don't think there will be that much of a dropoff.

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Too many are on michst

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

BetKing
    BetKing's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Boise States cute little run of upsets on the first game of the season over credible opponents is over.

State has one of the most ferocious defenses in the nation and Boise will be replacing all their skill players. good luck with that. Mich State always fills their gaps, never loses containment, you rarely ever see them blow a coverage on defense, they are always were they are supposed to be and are one of the best tackling teams in the nation.

Bell is going to run circles around that Boise defense that lost quite a few players and some to the draft.

Mich State ML BIG
    I'm definitely on board with you here! BSU is just too inexperienced, and the MSU defense is fierce. Best of luck, my friend.

zoo youk

Quote Originally Posted by frogsrangers View Post
    Because its just a bad idea to go against Boise State, this is the role they thrive in, their 3 losses since 2007 have all been as favorites and even then they lost by 1 point in each of those games. They always get up for these games.

When Boise State is an underdog and no one gives them a chance, they win. Just look at their past. Oklahoma in 2006, Oregon in 2008/2009, the 2010 Fiesta Bowl against TCU they were huge dogs, 2010 Virginia Tech, Georgia last year, list goes on

Yeah they might have lost Doug Martin and Kellen Moore, but I don't care, this is a successful program not because of individual players but because of the system and culture.

They might not win, but they are going to make Michigan State earn it, Boise State will be able to match up toe for toe here.

Plus Joe Southwick has experience, and studied for years under Kellen Moore, is finally getting his shot and I don't think there will be that much of a dropoff.
    eh. have to disagree there man. they are finally running into an Alabama type REAL defense that are so well coached. i just love this defense and their HC they are so well coached on that side of the ball..better than boise

zoo youk

2, count em...TWO..starters returning on defense. Bell is going run up down the field all over em

zoo youk

and 3 new offensive linemen to deal with that mich st defense..i could go on on on on

nvrlose37
    nvrlose37's Avatar Become A Pro!

eh. have to disagree there man. they are finally running into an Alabama type REAL defense that are so well coached. i just love this defense and their HC they are so well coached on that side of the ball..better than boise
    You are seriously comparing Mich St's D to Alabama's? I don't think there could possibly be more heresy and ignorance. Mich St's D is good but it doesn't stop teams, Big 10 teams were scoring fine last year, as well as Georgia in the bowl.

hubie69
    I am JJs bookie
    hubie69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 617

Quote Originally Posted by nvrlose37 View Post
    You are seriously comparing Mich St's D to Alabama's? I don't think there could possibly be more heresy and ignorance. Mich St's D is good but it doesn't stop teams, Big 10 teams were scoring fine last year, as well as Georgia in the bowl.

Yeah, he is, and rightfully so. that MSU D are very, VERY good this year. They'll have a top 10 D in the country for sure.

And for the record, Boise has 0 returning starters in their front 7. MSU is going to pound the rock on them.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

apparently they will "embarrass" them by a fg since he's laying -300.

Romanov
    Diapason Knells
    Romanov's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Waiting for the books to move the line

zoo youk

Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post
    apparently they will "embarrass" them by a fg since he's laying -300.

actually its -270 and the only reason I am doing that is cause of how much i respect Peterson and how he coaches his players and the culture they have. if MSU gets up big, Boise isn't just going to roll over. they will fight tooth and nail. Its going to be a big uphill battle for them but they are certainly capable of a backdoor being that they do not quite until the final whistle

comala57
    comala57's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Well I hope this hits for us. This will start off solid first two days of betting if it does.
    Ticket#:73178825
    Aug 30 07:02 PM
    Aug 30 07:30 PM
    Aug 30 10:25 PM
    Aug 31 08:00 PM
    INTERNET / -1 Aug 29 02:31 PM CFB
    CFB
    CFB
    CFB
    PARLAY (4 TEAMS)
    [135] CENTRAL FLORIDA -24-110
    [142] CONNECTICUT -24½-110
    [146] BYU -13-110
    [154] MICHIGAN STATE -7-110
    50 / 500

As you can see. 5 units up in two days will set a nice tone. Fingers a crossed.

Tada
    Tada's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3151

It seems like the whole forum is going with MSU, which is scary. In paper MSU looks like a better team, but I think BSU will be better prepared for this game. I believe in Coach Peterson and his big game preps. BSU is always hungry and ready to play big time games. Every year, bettors are dismissing BSU, but time after time they get buried. Going with BSU +7 and ML +250.

greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

Quote Originally Posted by Tada View Post
    It seems like the whole forum is going with MSU, which is scary. In paper MSU looks like a better team, but I think BSU will be better prepared for this game. I believe in Coach Peterson and his big game preps. BSU is always hungry and ready to play big time games. Every year, bettors are dismissing BSU, but time after time they get buried. Going with BSU +7 and ML +250.
    It was a problem when they had Moore and were returning any significant starters, that's not happening this year. I don't see how Boise could be ranked right now, if they are, why isn't Houston?

zoo youk

theres only so much you can sell that under dog no one believes in us mentality shit until it goes stale

zoo youk

and trust me Dantoni is just as good as a coach as Peterson and will have his guys ready to "prepared, hungry and ready to play big time games" as you would say lol

pensfan1919
    pensfan1919's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2328

I just think Boise is lacking the horses to stay with Michigan State in this game.

jaeguyoon
    [Too Long]
    jaeguyoon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1087

boise team total under sounds like a good bet.

mookafied
    mookafied's Avatar Become A Pro!

Unbelievable. Year after year people don't understand the strength of Boise St.. Remember Georgia? the dome? the crowd? did not matter. Boise is gonna win straight up, easily. Mich st. lost a ton on offense, Boise has a GREAT system, and should be favored in this game. I've been waiting for this pick... it's legit. I will be laying down 2k cash money line and 2k cash at Grand Sierra in Reno today. Book it. 1-0 for the season...guaranteed. More to come, I don't bet many games and this one is special. The public is on the wrong team. The sharps moved this line to -1 back in late July and the public has slowly bet it the wrong way. Line moves and system...please follow me I want everyone to win.

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

Always go for the Big Ten team, MSU all day, guey.

Dirty Bay Player
    Dirty Bay Player's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'd like to see some stats that show just how much returning starters affects a team's overall win / loss record. Everybody who references that always acts as if that stat is infallible. Isn't it possible that because Boise St. has been so successful, and because they had their best recruiting class ever in 2012 - that they have better new athletes that have a higher ceiling than the old batch? And isn't it also possible that there are non-starters who have learned the system and may ultimately play at the same level or above their predecessors?

Yes, it's also possible that I will win the lottery and have a different 20 year old girlfriend for each day of the week. Just sayin - everybody's always throwing out the # of returning starters like it's some perfect tried and true metric that should be above all else.

As it just so happens, I found an interesting post where some dude a lot smarter than I am broke down the question with some stats.

greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

Quote Originally Posted by mookafied View Post
    Unbelievable. Year after year people don't understand the strength of Boise St.. Remember Georgia? the dome? the crowd? did not matter. Boise is gonna win straight up, easily. Mich st. lost a ton on offense, Boise has a GREAT system, and should be favored in this game. I've been waiting for this pick... it's legit. I will be laying down 2k cash money line and 2k cash at Grand Sierra in Reno today. Book it. 1-0 for the season...guaranteed. More to come, I don't bet many games and this one is special. The public is on the wrong team. The sharps moved this line to -1 back in late July and the public has slowly bet it the wrong way. Line moves and system...please follow me I want everyone to win.
    I remember Moore and Martin playing that game.

123 Last